• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worcester Sharks/Prospect News

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheppard officially assigned to Worcester on conditioning. He's playing his first game today.

It will be interesting to see the kid play. If he could get his career back on track, he could definitely help the Sharks out with scoring depth. Unfortunately, he's got a lot of hard, hard work ahead of him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalock has been loaned to the Peo Rivermen.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would the Sharks loan Stalock out? Is he not playing well, or is it to get him more playing time?

It actually helps the sharks, it gives Tyson Sucksmith and Sateri more ice time and it gives Stalock a ton of ice time at the AHL level as well. It's really a good move.

With St Louis sending Bishop to Ottawa, they needed some help on the farm

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see the kid play. If he could get his career back on track, he could definitely help the Sharks out with scoring depth. Unfortunately, he's got a lot of hard, hard work ahead of him.

what's his story? i totally missed out...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what's his story? i totally missed out...

He was a 1st round pick by the Wild who was rushed to the NHL before he was ready. He quickly got in Lemaire's doghouse because his offense first approach didn't mesh with what Lemaire wanted. Then he hurt his knee in an ATV accident which upset the Wild front office so the traded him.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was a 1st round pick by the Wild who was rushed to the NHL before he was ready. He quickly got in Lemaire's doghouse because his offense first approach didn't mesh with what Lemaire wanted. Then he hurt his knee in an ATV accident which upset the Wild front office so the traded him.

yeah 9th overall is still high. Clearly he was rushed, but it's hard to believe that he will be effective after 2 off years. It seems a bit like cam macintyre or mike morris... good potential and size but injuries just derailed 'em. Its rare that a guy can miss a whole season or two with multiple surgeries and come back strong.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah 9th overall is still high. Clearly he was rushed, but it's hard to believe that he will be effective after 2 off years. It seems a bit like cam macintyre or mike morris... good potential and size but injuries just derailed 'em. Its rare that a guy can miss a whole season or two with multiple surgeries and come back strong.

Dino SissyRelli and Owen Nolan come to Mind just saying they had starts like that in their careers

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Loosing Morris was a shame because that guy had legit first line potential. I don't expect much from Sheppard but if he can regain just some of the potential he showed in the Q he could end up being an asset to the line up a year or two down the road.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dino SissyRelli and Owen Nolan come to Mind just saying they had starts like that in their careers

Nolan is a Good example, though Dino, I dunno...

Dino never played fewer than 51 games in a year early in his career and while he had one year where he played 11 in the middle, that was much later.

still rare, but hopefully sheppard can be like that... although neither of those guys actually missed 2 years in a row and neither missed a full season. (0 g.p.)

Are there any guys like missed a full year (0 games all year) and came back to be good?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nolan is a Good example, though Dino, I dunno...

Dino never played fewer than 51 games in a year early in his career and while he had one year where he played 11 in the middle, that was much later.

still rare, but hopefully sheppard can be like that... although neither of those guys actually missed 2 years in a row and neither missed a full season. (0 g.p.)

Are there any guys like missed a full year (0 games all year) and came back to be good?

Dino broke his leg in a motorcycle accident and was supposed to be done, nevermind just read his bio again lol he didnt go until later in his career

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Stalock earned his first win with Peoria in relief stopping all 12 shots he faced in regulation and overtime.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
was allen injured? does that mean that stalock is now gunna get all the playing time? Be nice to see if he is healthy and effective for real, because if so, it will let dougie know if he can move niemi easily. I think if they falter, nemo could be on his way out since he is the only player who seems highly expendable without creating another hole and yet also a valuable trading chip given the SC ring and reasonable salary.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was allen injured? does that mean that stalock is now gunna get all the playing time? Be nice to see if he is healthy and effective for real, because if so, it will let dougie know if he can move niemi easily. I think if they falter, nemo could be on his way out since he is the only player who seems highly expendable without creating another hole and yet also a valuable trading chip given the SC ring and reasonable salary.

Allen was pulled after giving up 3 goals in a little over a period. Stalock is expected to get most of the starts from here on out for Peoria. He didn't get the start tonight because the coach wanted him to get some more practice with the team before putting him in a game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
gotcha... well, perfect relief is good. It sounds like stalock is back strong right now. Obviously 3 or 4 appearances is not sufficient, but it is exciting to have the likely goalie of the future back :) The sharks really really need a star to emerge from their system. having a solid goaltending tandem with a combined salary of around 1.5M would free up a whole lot of cash to get help both up front and on D.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gotcha... well, perfect relief is good. It sounds like stalock is back strong right now. Obviously 3 or 4 appearances is not sufficient, but it is exciting to have the likely goalie of the future back :) The sharks really really need a star to emerge from their system. having a solid goaltending tandem with a combined salary of around 1.5M would free up a whole lot of cash to get help both up front and on D.

Didn't most of us think this would happen the last time Wilson cut salary on the goalie postion? I don't remember that working out as we had planned. Lol

Peoria plays again tomorrow and Stalock is expected to start.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't most of us think this would happen the last time Wilson cut salary on the goalie postion? I don't remember that working out as we had planned. Lol

Peoria plays again tomorrow and Stalock is expected to start.

When was that? After nabby they hired niemi and niity who combined well over 4M. now nemo and griess also are over 4M together. When did DW go with cheaper goaltending?

Also, I dont think the goaltending has been the problem this year or in the past. nabby got a tough reputation, but the sharks were well under 2.00 GFA in pretty much every losing series under nabby's tenure. nabby would sometimes let in that one tough goal or the opposition goalie would outplay him, but if your team scores 0 or 1 goal, its hard to win.

I have no problem seeing nemo shipped out if stalock is ready. Its risky, but I like the risk-reward concept trading nemo for a super cheap top 6 forward (Bozak, Henrique, Johansson, etc. = all 1.5M or less and under 26) and then using the savings (3M difference between nemo and stalock) and 1.7M from buying out handzus and add another top 6 forward for 5M.

All the sudden they would have:
Jumbo, patty, cooch, pavs, clowe, havlat, bozak, Parenteau (5M or so should do it?), galiardi as the top 9. Now, that is a legit 3 offensive lines and some real depth that can absorb and injury and still have threats on all three lines.

The D would remain basically the same with boyle, burns, murray, vlasic, demers, braun.

I personally think that lineup would be far far superior to the one today.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When was that? After nabby they hired niemi and niity who combined well over 4M. now nemo and griess also are over 4M together. When did DW go with cheaper goaltending?

Also, I dont think the goaltending has been the problem this year or in the past. nabby got a tough reputation, but the sharks were well under 2.00 GFA in pretty much every losing series under nabby's tenure. nabby would sometimes let in that one tough goal or the opposition goalie would outplay him, but if your team scores 0 or 1 goal, its hard to win.

I have no problem seeing nemo shipped out if stalock is ready. Its risky, but I like the risk-reward concept trading nemo for a super cheap top 6 forward (Bozak, Henrique, Johansson, etc. = all 1.5M or less and under 26) and then using the savings (3M difference between nemo and stalock) and 1.7M from buying out handzus and add another top 6 forward for 5M.

All the sudden they would have:
Jumbo, patty, cooch, pavs, clowe, havlat, bozak, Parenteau (5M or so should do it?), galiardi as the top 9. Now, that is a legit 3 offensive lines and some real depth that can absorb and injury and still have threats on all three lines.

The D would remain basically the same with boyle, burns, murray, vlasic, demers, braun.

I personally think that lineup would be far far superior to the one today.

Niemi isn't going to land the Sharks a young top six forward. They might, and I stress might, be able to get someone like Umburger or Brouwer from a team desperate for goaltending help.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word about how Sheppard is doing? :think: