• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worcester Sharks/Prospect News

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding Ding.......... K O!!!!!!!

Now that is what u call a one sided fight. I kinda feel bad for the other kid, didn't anybody teach him how to block or atleast turtle up.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sateri's Euro season ends today and it sounds like he'll be headed to Worcester to finish off the year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doherty and Acolatse have been assigned to Worcester. Doherty expected to make his pro debut tonight.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anyone think that Cam MacIntyre will be called up and travel with the team once Woosta's season is over?

Keep in mind I haven't seen him play one minute this year, so I may be way off base, but 4 goals and 8 points in 39 games seems pretty disappointing for a guy who was very highly regarded and many thought might contribute for the Sharks this season. I know he started the year injured and has a history of injuries so maybe that's played a role. Regardless I know I'll have tempered expectations for him until he proves he can play at the NHL level.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So does anyone think that Cam MacIntyre will be called up and travel with the team once Woosta's season is over?

Keep in mind I haven't seen him play one minute this year, so I may be way off base, but 4 goals and 8 points in 39 games seems pretty disappointing for a guy who was very highly regarded and many thought might contribute for the Sharks this season. I know he started the year injured and has a history of injuries so maybe that's played a role. Regardless I know I'll have tempered expectations for him until he proves he can play at the NHL level.

I don't expect him to be called up. Teams are only allowed four call ups post trade deadline, except for situations that qualify as emergency call ups, and the Sharks have already used three. If it's a forward that gets the call expect it to be Ferriero or Mashinter.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to capgeek.com the Sharks have signed Freddie Hamilton to an ELC.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to capgeek.com the Sharks have signed Freddie Hamilton to an ELC.

that doesnt mean he starts in worcester next year, right? He still has another jr. year left, I figure... the ELC just gets pushed back a year as long as he doesnt play 10 pro games, right?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that doesnt mean he starts in worcester next year, right? He still has another jr. year left, I figure... the ELC just gets pushed back a year as long as he doesnt play 10 pro games, right?

That's how it would work if he's eligible for another year in jrs.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Varone and Bielke were not signed by todays deadline and are no longer Sharks property.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desjardins & Stalock Signed - San Jose Sharks - News

1-year contracts for Desjardins and Stalock...

Qualifying offers (today was the deadline) offered to:

Benn Ferriero
John McCarthy
Jamie McGinn
Frazer McLaren

The following six players were not issued qualifying offers and will become unrestricted free agents on July 1:

Patrick Davis
Kevin Henderson
Carter Hutton
Joe Loprieno
Nick Schaus
Mike Swift

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2-way one year contracts for both Desjardins and Stalock. Stalock @ $625k and Desjardins @ $540k.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good numbers there... desjardins is very likely to make the starting roster. 540k is pretty much league min, so I like it and it should ease the cap situation a bit. Hopoefully mcginn and ferriero get something pretty small too.

Also, if stalock is healthy, I would love niity to get moved and give him the back up job. That would give dougie alot more flexibility as niity costs 1.4M more than stalock and niemi is clearly capable of handling pushing 65-70 games.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
12/11 - Matt Irwin has been called up from Worcester. Wonder if Burns is out after blocking those two hard shots last night.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
12/11 - Matt Irwin has been called up from Worcester. Wonder if Burns is out after blocking those two hard shots last night.

just precautionary it seems... tho i wouldnt mind giving boyle a day off... he was guarding air after releasing brunette all alone in front. getting tired of his horrid games one after another...

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tho i wouldnt mind giving boyle a day off...

I'd like to give Colin White the SEASON off. I think it's time to give Irwin a crack at it, see what he can do. His play literally could not be any worse than Colin White's.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's not a Sharks prospect anymore buy Coyle has left BU and signed with St. Johns of the QMJHL. It's rumored the reason for the move is he would have been acidemically ineligible to play for BU next semister. With Trevino kicked off the team and now Coyle leaving a move for Nieto may not be far behind.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a Sharks prospect anymore buy Coyle has left BU and signed with St. Johns of the QMJHL. It's rumored the reason for the move is he would have been acidemically ineligible to play for BU next semister. With Trevino kicked off the team and now Coyle leaving a move for Nieto may not be far behind.

That makes me feel a tiny, tiny bit better about the trade. I really didn't like losing him, but if a guy doesn't take his studies seriously and just assumes NHL is a given.....that's not cool.....or he's just dumb as dogshit, lol.

Still wish we didn't even worry about Brent Burns in that trade and just put together a bigger package for Weber. Then again, I've had a hard on for Weber for like 5 years.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That makes me feel a tiny, tiny bit better about the trade. I really didn't like losing him, but if a guy doesn't take his studies seriously and just assumes NHL is a given.....that's not cool.....or he's just dumb as dogshit, lol.

Still wish we didn't even worry about Brent Burns in that trade and just put together a bigger package for Weber. Then again, I've had a hard on for Weber for like 5 years.

The Weber trade is coming next offseason. Followed by the UFA signing of Suter. :pray: