• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worcester Sharks/Prospect News

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TelegramNews.com

The Sharks have extended Cheechoo's PTO.
Bring that guy up already. What is taking so long?

Release/cut McGinn. He is garbage and most likely won't score another goal this year. Time to give up on him as an organization.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck! Really another PTO? Cheech is the best player on the team, and should have gotten a paid contract. What does he have to do? I hope he continues his great play.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I gotta say, seeing cheech back up here would be nice. However, he has still struggled a bit defensively, which was his big drawback here before he was dealt. He would have to play bottom 6 minutes and those minutes mean that you CANNOT be scored upon. Cheech could get a call up before the new year, particularly in case of injury, but he would be needed as a checker at first, not a scorer, and it's unclear if he can fill that kind of role effectively.

That said, it would sure be fun to sign him to a 2 year, 1M deal (500k per) and have him suddenly go off as a 'free' top 6 or top 9 forward. Not much risk and pretty nice upside...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, seeing cheech back up here would be nice. However, he has still struggled a bit defensively, which was his big drawback here before he was dealt. He would have to play bottom 6 minutes and those minutes mean that you CANNOT be scored upon. Cheech could get a call up before the new year, particularly in case of injury, but he would be needed as a checker at first, not a scorer, and it's unclear if he can fill that kind of role effectively.

That said, it would sure be fun to sign him to a 2 year, 1M deal (500k per) and have him suddenly go off as a 'free' top 6 or top 9 forward. Not much risk and pretty nice upside...

Dude.. McGinn can't do ANY of the shit you listed effectively, yet he's still on the big club.

Cheechoo, as slow as he is and as shitty as he is defensively (would fit right in, BTW), would at least score a few goals for you...

Bringing Cheechoo up (if not now, eventually... soon) makes too much sense.

So Dougie will probably never pull the trigger.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rares, I gotta say you might be right about mcginn. it's frustrating cuz he has good speed and a strong shot, but he just hasnt put it together, and he sure isn't making me look good on predicting him as a top 9 F. That said, he is just 22, so the sharks may still be hoping he develops and Im not sure cheech would be better since he could be deadly slow.

that said, I'd love to see cheech for a stint.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like i was saying last season about Mcginn vs Couture he just doesnt have the maturity in his game that Couture does. Which probably means mentally he doesnt have it.

If Mcginn can turn out to be another Nichol the sharks will be lucky.

That being said how far in the toilet is Petrecki right now?

Hi Sj nice that you finally arrived

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like i was saying last season about Mcginn vs Couture he just doesnt have the maturity in his game that Couture does. Which probably means mentally he doesnt have it.

If Mcginn can turn out to be another Nichol the sharks will be lucky.

That being said how far in the toilet is Petrecki right now?

Hi Sj nice that you finally arrived

Petrecki has actually shown huge improvements this year. Post, about game four, of Worcesters season he's been playing solid AHL calibre defense. Doesn't sound like much but that's a very big stride from where he was last season. The best thing I've heard out of those who follow Worcester closely is that he's getting better every game.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Petrecki is still really young. Perhaps he would have been better served staying at BC for another year or two to get a bit more mature, but given that he's still just 21, there is time before writing him off. The Wings usually give their guys at minimum 3 years in grand rapids before getting a taste of the pro game, so petrecki is just in year 2. All he needs to do is continue to work on his game and improve and he'll get his shot down the road. No need to rush him at this point.

Mcginn is indeed quickly playing himself out of a job. He was gawd awful in the buffalo game at both ends (for the 5 seconds he spent in the O-zone), and he has found himself now mired on the 4th line if not the press box. Its a shame, cuz he does have some real skills that should have translated well into the NHL game (speed and shot to be specific), but he just doesnt seem to have it between the ears.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also think Braun might be better served in the minors. his offensive game is there, but he is just not NHL calibre yet defensively. Perhaps trial by fire is the best way to go about it, but I think he could use 22+ mins/night in the A to work on coverage in front of his own net... Why not give sullivan a chance at the NHL level? He looked good in the preseason, and look at a guy like darche. Career minor leaguer who always put up nice points but was never given a chance. Now he has one with MTL and he is making very solid additions to that team.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also think Braun might be better served in the minors. his offensive game is there, but he is just not NHL calibre yet defensively. Perhaps trial by fire is the best way to go about it, but I think he could use 22+ mins/night in the A to work on coverage in front of his own net... Why not give sullivan a chance at the NHL level? He looked good in the preseason, and look at a guy like darche. Career minor leaguer who always put up nice points but was never given a chance. Now he has one with MTL and he is making very solid additions to that team.

If you think Braun's defensive game is questionable you'll cringe at Sullivan at the NHL level.

I think the thing I like most abut Braun is he seems to learn very quick from his mistakes. Spending the rest of the year in Worcester would probably be the best thing for him but at the same time I'd gladly take his rookie mistakes and great puck moving ability over Wallin's rookie mistakes and complete ineptitued on offense.

zambonidriver104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have only seen him play at a few rookie camps and things, but it seems like Petreki has the kind of raw tools that are worth being patient with. Big, physical, hard hitter, hard shot, some grit/heart... If he can put it together, even two or three years down the road, those are a lot of things SJ has lacked from the back end.

Cmon (or others), are you thinking if everything goes right that an optimistic projection for him would be playoff call-up next year?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have only seen him play at a few rookie camps and things, but it seems like Petreki has the kind of raw tools that are worth being patient with. Big, physical, hard hitter, hard shot, some grit/heart... If he can put it together, even two or three years down the road, those are a lot of things SJ has lacked from the back end.

Cmon (or others), are you thinking if everything goes right that an optimistic projection for him would be playoff call-up next year?

If he keeps progressing at his current pace it wouldn't surprise me to see him as a short term call-up at some point next season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure where to post this so I'll put it here for now. Looks like Seto will be ready to return to the line-up shortly.

seto1661 on twitter.com

Devin Setoguchi said:
I Woke up this morning went to the rink and had a great day on the ice today ... Should b back soon, can't wait !!!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little Stalock highlight for you.

[YOUTUBE]3Ezcz7_flGA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that Sharks defense looks like just the big club defense! Opponents skating circles around them, man wide open in the circle, ...

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on another board and thought you all would enjoy it.

Sharks prospect Gogol whoops some ass:

Last edited by a moderator: