• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Won 10 last year and have improved greatly

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both systems were archaic, and both Turner and Martz's WHOLE careers were based off of one team's success, respectively, and both of those teams riding the coattails of previous regimes. Turner was OC on arguably the most talented team in NFL history with Aikman's Cowboys, and Martz, riding the tail of Vermeil's super-talented Rams Team.

Both, incredibly over-hyped IMO.

Makes sense on coattails and playing in a dome.

But the point is we need blocking protection or Trestman system won't work with Cutler under constant pressure.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense on coattails and playing in a dome.

But the point is we need blocking protection or Trestman system won't work with Cutler under constant pressure.

Trestmans system would have worked a lot better with our previous teams over Tice, Martz or Turners systems. When you have a 3 step, quick release offense you dont need the line to block as long as they were doing in the other 3 systems. If we had Aaron Kromer and Marc Trestman last year our sacks would have been reduced by a tremendous amount, but luckily we have those two now with even a better starting line. This year sacks will be reduced and because of that Cutler will have much more confidence in himself, his line and his offence. This isnt the first time Trestman has worked with a mediocre offence and turned them into something special.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be improved but 8-8 doesn't look out of the realm of possibilities

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see ya Leo. 8-8 is possible sure. That would mean we took a major step back in coaching, because this team is better. Anything less then 10 will piss me off to no end.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't noon. If you guys start to show an offense and can get points without relying on your D I would say it would mean a step forward. Yea you won 10, but there was alot of smoke and mirrors with that and the collapse in the 2nd half of the season against stiffer competition exposed that. If you guys won 8 or 9 games, and your offense moved up to the top 15 in the league, I would call that a major step in the right direction.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't noon. If you guys start to show an offense and can get points without relying on your D I would say it would mean a step forward. Yea you won 10, but there was alot of smoke and mirrors with that and the collapse in the 2nd half of the season against stiffer competition exposed that. If you guys won 8 or 9 games, and your offense moved up to the top 15 in the league, I would call that a major step in the right direction.
You do know we lost our QB for the hardest part of our schedule right? Besides last year means squat for this year. This is not the same team offensively, defensively we should be the same. There is a ton of unknowns this year but I thing is known, the offense WILL be better.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost Cutler for what a game and a half? And if you think him playing against SF would have made a world of difference then I am sorry to hear that.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree with this statement right here and wish I would have explained myself this way from the beginning, well said! First off our schedule last year was easy and we were only able to beat the weak teams in the league. The schedule this year is much harder but like Lofton said if we could improve our offensive ranks and show that our offence could compete with the best of teams, thats a huge plus. Maybe we go 9-7 because the coaching staff is still getting used to each other and their players, defense under performs first year without Urlacher, maybe lose by only 3 each loss. As long as that offense moves forward this team moves forward.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost Cutler for what a game and a half? And if you think him playing against SF would have made a world of difference then I am sorry to hear that.

He would have thrown 2 or 3 picks, maybe lost a fumble and still would have been a horrible offensive showing.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, I'm with leomaz, this season has 8-8 written all over it to me. I'm not always on the pessimistic side...I went 10-6 as my prediction in 2011 and 11-5 in 2012. And yes, Bennett and Bushrod are significant upgrades, no doubt. Slauson is just about even with Louis though. Garza is another year older and has been falling off cliff for three years now. Long will be good...in 2015. I think the offense will be improved but not radically better. Who knows though, maybe I'm wrong and Trestman works wonders with it. We'll find out soon.

On the D side, I don't see us being better, I see the line being thinner. I like how Emery handled the linebacking situation, and it may have set us up well for the future at LB, assuming of course the picks actually work out (which is never a given).

I also think our schedule is a lot harder this year.

So, yeah, 8-8. Hope Noon is right and I am wrong though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense is better and I believe it will be considerably better then we can play with anyone. We have the weapons and a offensive coach. It's gonna be a very good year.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestmans system would have worked a lot better with our previous teams over Tice, Martz or Turners systems. When you have a 3 step, quick release offense you dont need the line to block as long as they were doing in the other 3 systems. If we had Aaron Kromer and Marc Trestman last year our sacks would have been reduced by a tremendous amount, but luckily we have those two now with even a better starting line. This year sacks will be reduced and because of that Cutler will have much more confidence in himself, his line and his offence. This isnt the first time Trestman has worked with a mediocre offence and turned them into something special.

But IMO, you need to stop the defense from having a free shot at the QB. Jay Cutler most of time rolled away from the pressure and was more effective passing or taking off running in Martz system.

Sticking with the OL determines your offense success.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be improved but 8-8 doesn't look out of the realm of possibilities
:yahoo:Hey, Leo glad to see ya make it here. Must be pretty lonely on the ESPN boards. I been checking the comments on the article boards. Some boring shit there. Seems whatever board I visit here, I am entertained.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great concerns.

IMO Trestman will have a better offensive scheme that will fit the modern day NFL instead of Lovie depending on the defense. The defense plus Hester got us to the our last SB, and couldn't do it all in that game vs the Colts offense despite Hester opening KO return that put us up from the start.

How quickly the offense picks up on the new scheme is the main thing and Lovie left us a good core of defensive players despite Urlacher is gone. Just wish D'Angelo kept Major Wright here.

Long, we will see however.
SportsChic. Not to nit pick , But I've seen you refer to Jerry Angelo as D'Angelo a few times here . Is that a nickname? Oh , & Major Wright will be 1 of our starting safties. He hasn't gone anywhere.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't noon. If you guys start to show an offense and can get points without relying on your D I would say it would mean a step forward. Yea you won 10, but there was alot of smoke and mirrors with that and the collapse in the 2nd half of the season against stiffer competition exposed that. If you guys won 8 or 9 games, and your offense moved up to the the league,top 15 in I would call that a major step in the right direction.
I was hoping the O could get to the 20 -25 range. But if they get to 15 or higher , 10-13 wins ,would be what I'd expect. I don't see our D falling off. Even though BU is no longer here. Though an injury to CB might change my feeling.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense is better and I believe it will be considerably better then we can play with anyone. We have the weapons and a offensive coach. It's gonna be a very good year.
:agree:

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsChic.Not to nit pick , But I've seen you refer to Jerry Angelo as D'Angelo a few times here . Is that a nickname? Oh , & Major Wright will be 1 of our starting safties. He hasn't gone anywhere.

Not offended at all and don't know why I'm putting the D on Jerry's last name. We can say lets all be glad he is gone.

Meant Daniel Manning also going to the Texans and not Major Wright. Rather have him here still at free safety then Chris Conte.

Thanks for pointing it out.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel better expecting a 6-10 season hoping we win 11.
i like our team the schedule is tough.