• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Won 10 last year and have improved greatly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won ten games last year and have improved more then any team in the league yet no one, not one so called expert gives us a chance this year. Well let me get this off my chest. We will win the North and be a real threat come PO time. The NFL underestimates us. Get ready for a great year Bear fans.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather be the underdog and over achieve than the favorites and under achieve.

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few who isn't underestimating the Bears. Of course I feel Greenbay takes the division, but Chicago should be right there.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few who isn't underestimating the Bears. Of course I feel Greenbay takes the division, but Chicago should be right there.

Its going to be a battle again verse the two teams for the division. I personally think the Bears did a lot more than the Packers in the offseason to give them the edge but until you see Cutler play verse the Packers, it scares me to think he will choke once again. Obviously I think the Bears will win the division but will put money down both the Bears and Packers make the playoffs this year.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the so called experts, are looking @ all the change that has gone on.
New coaching staffs don't usually fair well yr1. But new coaches rarely inherit talented teams, Like T-man has.
BU's loss is also a big ? in their minds. Not so much my in mine. Though BU's leadership will be missed, I think we'll be athletically better @ LB.
Our O-line play is still fresh in their minds. Who could blame their thought process there? I know they have upgraded talent, but how long does it take for everyone to get on the same page.

Hardly anyone outside of Chicago, is high on Jay. Most just look at production and make their judgement from that. I think Jay is the best Bear QB I've witnessed as a Bear fan. I just look at what he's had to work with the last 5 yrs. I think his arrow is pointing up.

These are just some of the reasons for not getting any respect from the so called experts.
They just don't know the team as well as we do. LOL.
As far as predictions, I'll wait till after game preseason game 3 to make them.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the so called experts, are looking @ all the change that has gone on.
New coaching staffs don't usually fair well yr1. But new coaches rarely inherit talented teams, Like T-man has.
BU's loss is also a big ? in their minds. Not so much my in mine. Though BU's leadership will be missed, I think we'll be athletically better @ LB.
Our O-line play is still fresh in their minds. Who could blame their thought process there? I know they have upgraded talent, but how long does it take for everyone to get on the same page.

Hardly anyone outside of Chicago, is high on Jay. Most just look at production and make their judgement from that. I think Jay is the best Bear QB I've witnessed as a Bear fan. I just look at what he's had to work with the last 5 yrs. I think his arrow is pointing up.

These are just some of the reasons for not getting any respect from the so called experts.
They just don't know the team as well as we do. LOL.
As far as predictions, I'll wait till after game preseason game 3 to make them.

I dont mind not getting the respect and like to be considered more of an underdog. I agree with everything you said though 63 Bears but anything our team does this year will more than likely be better than last year. Having the same offensive line group out there all season (depending on injuries) and learning to get on the same page is a hell of a lot better than what Tice did and put out a different group each week. Aaron Kromer and his schemes are far more superior than what Tice had and it showed on the field. Overall with the minds of Kromer and Trestman working together they could make any offensive in this league better.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind not getting the respect and like to be considered more of an underdog. I agree with everything you said though 63 Bears but anything our team does this year will more than likely be better than last year. Having the same offensive line group out there all season (depending on injuries) and learning to get on the same page is a hell of a lot better than what Tice did and put out a different group each week. Aaron Kromer and his schemes are far more superior than what Tice had and it showed on the field. Overall with the minds of Kromer and Trestman working together they could make any offensive in this league better.
:lol:
I love when people agree w/me.
It'll be interesting to watch Jay play behind a somewhat solid O-Line. Was never a Tice fan ( w/ his musical chairs O-Line) . But I did buy into the Tice Hype last yr ( that he would protect Jay w/ schemes & personnel) so much so , I predicted a 13&3 record for my Bears. Including 2 wins over our rival GB. He made a fool of me. Hence my conservative approach to this year.
I really think the O will be much improved, am actually more concerned w/ the BU CB spots.
As far as being the underdog, it's roll the Bears are familiar with & cherish. And as a fan, I am too.

Last edited by a moderator:

PF4L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word was going around that bear fans missed me from the ESPN forums..Worry not, and rest easy my friends. The King of Packer Nation has arrived. Life is good. :suds:

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
I love when people agree w/me.
It'll be interesting to watch Jay play behind a somewhat solid O-Line. Was never a Tice fan ( w/ his musical chairs O-Line) . But I did buy into the Tice Hype last yr ( that he would protect Jay w/ schemes & personnel) so much so , I predicted a 13&3 record for my Bears. Including 2 wins over our rival GB. He made a fool of me. Hence my conservative approach to this year.
I really think the O will be much improved, am actually more concerned w/ the BU CB spots.
As far as being the underdog, it's roll the Bears are familiar with & cherish. And as a fan, I am too.

In preseason I had more confidence in Tice than I did in Martz (because of his 7 step drop) and thought our offense was going to be much better than what we have seen. It was after preseason I realized we are going to be the same predictable Bears offensive and Tice couldnt handle being an offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Now we strictly have an offensive line coach with the title as OC but Trestman will be calling the plays so it allows Kromer to focus on his guys only. Im excited about this group and the defensive side.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won ten games last year and have improved more then any team in the league yet no one, not one so called expert gives us a chance this year. Well let me get this off my chest. We will win the North and be a real threat come PO time. The NFL underestimates us. Get ready for a great year Bear fans.

False.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say overall between players, coaches, schemes we are in the top 3 for offseason improvement on paper.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say overall between players, coaches, schemes we are in the top 3 for offseason improvement on paper.
New coaches, big FA pick ups, great draft. Really name one team that did more.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer much? You picked up an average to above average lineman, a TE who has had xero to no production in his career until last year, and a draft is a draft, we all get excited about our teams drafts until after the season when we start calling whos a bust and whos not. Your basing your entire offensive production on a coach from Canada who spent his entire NFL career as the "next big thing" but for one reason or another never got a HC job, and a squad that other then Forte and Marshall is largely unproven. Jeffrey is still bothered by the same things that held him back in college conditioning and injuries. And Cutler....well lets just say that for a guy who has done jack and sqwat since coming to Chicago there is more faith in him then he would get from any other fan base.
your welcome for the reality check.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a reality check, that's a rival's way of dealing with facts they don't want too.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts? You signed two guys and had a draft. You're stating that nobody else did more to improve their team. Noon, its the same thing every year with you and I am going back to the ESPN boards. "Jay Cutler is a great QB", "The Bears have the most talented team in the NFC North", "I see no way this team doesn't win the division and compete for a SB", "We have a new offense that Cutler can flourish in". Then it always ends the same way. "Our O line is garbage". "We need better coaching". "Cutler needs more weapons."

This is it dude. You have a new coach thats offensive minded. You by your accounts have addressed the Oline. You have Marshall and what you claim to be another weapon in Jeffrey. No more excuses. This is it.

You won 10 games last year. Great. Fact is you went 7-1 over largely the weak part of your schedule and at one point your defense was outscoring your offense. You then went 3-5 against the real meat of your schedule losing to Houston, Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, and Minnesota.....all playoff teams. What makes that impressive? So now the addition of a free agent, a guy alot of people think was drafted too high, and some talent on offense that has been doormant so far we are supposed to believe you are now a 12 win team and a threat? Come on man. I know plenty of Bears fans that are no where near your level of homerism.

And if you want my real honest breakdown of the Packers, I am more then willing to give it to you. I can promise it does not involve banking on unproven coaching or talent and involve the words "deep playoff run".

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually signed 2 O-linemen & a TE in FA.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spent money in free agency, got a new unproven coaching staff, and had a questionable draft. It doesn't scream success.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bears improved just based on plugging two holes in free agency, but the team has more question marks than last year.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spent money in free agency, got a new unproven coaching staff, and had a questionable draft. It doesn't scream success.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bears improved just based on plugging two holes in free agency, but the team has more question marks than last year.
We actually filled 3 holes in FA, Bushrod, Bennet,& Slauson
Last yr. the ?s had to do w/ the O side of the ball. This yr all 3 phases are going to be questioned ( w/ the staff). I just have to ask do you guys follow football ?
The O will be improved, the D won't fall out of the top 10. I expect STs will hold their own.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually filled 3 holes in FA, Bushrod, Bennet,& Slauson

Slausen is comparable to Louis. He is a solid pass blocker who cannot run block.

Last yr. the ?s had to do w/ the O side of the ball. This yr all 3 phases are going to be questioned ( w/ the staff). I just have to ask do you guys follow football ?

You realize that's what I just said?