• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Women's World Cup Thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The midfield has not been dynamic enough to create chances for their forwards.
Thus, it's all about individual effort to get a goal.

I might go 3-4-3 and try to get that diamond in the middle with Ertz as the anchor.
Just haven't liked what I've seen from DeMelo/Sullivan in the midfield.
But, he didn't really give time to other midfielders (Mewis, Sanchez?), so he might be stuck in playing them.

Not good.
I've not seen the US women break the 4 3 3 in decades... 4 4 2? Leave Smith and Rodman up top, the issue is the top pressure the USWNT have been trained, grilled to manage by Vlatko. They would have to abandon the entire concept on what? 3 days?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not seen the US women break the 4 3 3 in decades... 4 4 2? Leave Smith and Rodman up top, the issue is the top pressure the USWNT have been trained, grilled to manage by Vlatko. They would have to abandon the entire concept on what? 3 days?
Throw The Towel GIF

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, what was needed to make this all work out is the 6 starters sitting on the sidelines injured. Insert, Abby, Sam, Macario, Swanson, Brunn and give Press a whirl... Tierna and Midge are back up possibilities if they are both healthy, not coming back from injury. I do not think another team in the world could suffer the injuries we have and made it to the 16.... Thank the stars for that post last game.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything she said was accurate though. She didn't just sit back and say, "well they are going through and ya go celebrate"

Personally I think Lloyd has done a great job
"Carli Lloyd is now backing down from her criticisms of the US Women’s National Team.

After the US escaped its match against Portugal with a goalless tie to advance past the World Cup group stage, Lloyd lit into the team for dancing like it had earned a hard-fought victory.

“I have never witnessed something like that. There’s a difference between being respectful of the fans and saying hello to your family,” Lloyd said.

On Wednesday, the USWNT legend wanted to make it clear that her criticism of the team comes from a place of love and wanting only the best for the USWNT."

“I was very critical of the team last night,” Lloyd said on Fox. “I’ve had some time to reflect, to sleep on it, and I want people to understand that I care deeply about this team.”

Sounds like somebody called her out on it. Well, on at least part of her remarks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Carli Lloyd is now backing down from her criticisms of the US Women’s National Team.

After the US escaped its match against Portugal with a goalless tie to advance past the World Cup group stage, Lloyd lit into the team for dancing like it had earned a hard-fought victory.

“I have never witnessed something like that. There’s a difference between being respectful of the fans and saying hello to your family,” Lloyd said.

On Wednesday, the USWNT legend wanted to make it clear that her criticism of the team comes from a place of love and wanting only the best for the USWNT."

Sounds like somebody called her out on it. Well, on at least part of her remarks.
Doesn't seem like much of a back track. She didn't even say she was wrong. Just that she cares for them

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany out!
#8 in the world, Brazil as well. They tied at 0-0 with their full professional player team to a team of College and high School players from Jamaica via born and trained in the USA for a bunch of them. And lest I forget, #7 Canada also didn't make the knock out stage.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think about the knockout stages? Any predictions? I had England v France and US v Sweden in the semis before this started. Three of those four might still be right. Plenty of people saying Japan have been the best team so far.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think about the knockout stages? Any predictions? I had England v France and US v Sweden in the semis before this started. Three of those four might still be right. Plenty of people saying Japan have been the best team so far.
I'm predicitng a Blackstenius dagger and a 1-0 SWE win over the US.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in the States 3 weeks and got to see a few games... saw USA first 2 games.

Here in Argentina cable company not carrying any games other than Argentina... hopefully changes for knockout stage.

Women's football is not very popular here.. even though Argentina team making some improvements.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany out!
They beat Morocco 6-0, but lose a tight one to Colombia and draw with South Korea. Morocco amazingly rebounds from that loss to beat both Columbia and South Korea, which puts them in and locks Germany out on the final day of groups. I guess you can't score all of your goals in one game. Spread them out a bit more...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say the Final will be England vs. winner of Sweden vs. USA. It's just so difficult to predict whether Team USA will wake up enough to beat Sweden, but if they do, I say they start rolling. I don't see enough killer instinct from any of the players to date. Be aggressive and go win these damn games!! Quit screwing around!!

Carli Lloyd is spot on btw.

So, you're the best team in the world, eh?

Show us.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US ladies are like real pro athletes now. They got paid and now aren’t as good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US ladies are like real pro athletes now. They got paid and now aren’t as good.

They committed a years long propaganda campaign

The men were stupid as hell to share their World Cup money

They both deserve to lose, often

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They committed a years long propaganda campaign

The men were stupid as hell to share their World Cup money

They both deserve to lose, often
I don’t care at all about soccer to have schadenfreude but just thought it was amusing.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s big news. It’s going to be hard for me to find someone who cares about those brats.