• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolfe and Welker back at practice

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some good news on the injury front. Of the 4 starters who went down in the last preseason game only Champ has not actually been able to do anything at practice. Welker was taking reps with the 1st string offense and looked fine. Coach Fox has said that he will not play the rest of the preseason but I think that is more of a precaution to just try and get the starters all healthy for the games that actually matter.

Wolfe has been working out in the weight room and is completely off his pain meds. Right now they are waiting for another MRI before they actually let him take snaps but he is back at practice and is said to have full range of motion and little pain.

Vasquez was back either the day after the game or the next day but his injury was pretty minor.

Champ is off crutches now but still has the walking boot on. Champ has said that he just has a little pain left in the foot and that he expects to be ready for week 1 of the season. We shall see (no reason to rush him back especially after watching the Ravens offense look terrible yesterday).

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whew.gif

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely good news there, especially with Wolfe! I'm so glad to here his wasn't serious after all. That was scary looking.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL Does that expression of relief depict your reaction to the good news about Welker and Wolfe? Personally, despite the obvious fact that the preseason games don't count, I will feel a bit of relief if our first team defense looks at least a little better against St. Louis than it did in the first two preseason games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Does that expression of relief depict your reaction to the good news about Welker and Wolfe? Personally, despite the obvious fact that the preseason games don't count, I will feel a bit of relief if our first team defense looks at least a little better against St. Louis than it did in the first two preseason games.

To be honest I am not that worried about our defense. I would much rather see our run game take off in this one. I think Hillman and Ball just need to get into a little bit of a rhythm and hopefully this game can be the one that they finally get some things going.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I am not that worried about our defense. I would much rather see our run game take off in this one. I think Hillman and Ball just need to get into a little bit of a rhythm and hopefully this game can be the one that they finally get some things going.

Definitely room for improvement in the run game and I hope that you're right that there is no reason to be concerned about the defense. Just looked to me in the first two preseason games that that unit wasn't really up to the physicality of the 49ers and Seahawks offensive lines. In fact, looked to me like our first team was kind of pushed around on both sides of the ball. Perhaps I'm wrong. Hope so.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely room for improvement in the run game and I hope that you're right that there is no reason to be concerned about the defense. Just looked to me in the first two preseason games that that unit wasn't really up to the physicality of the 49ers and Seahawks offensive lines. In fact, looked to me like our first team was kind of pushed around on both sides of the ball. Perhaps I'm wrong. Hope so.

I understand the concern with that...Not a big fan of seeing some of our big guys pushed around for sure like that. It did seem though as the games went on and the settled in they were fine. I think to be honest right now Del Rio is still trying to figure out the different rotations that work well together so he has been putting a lot of guys in different positions all over the field. Plus with playing such a vanilla defense so far I guess I am not going to hit the panic button quite yet on the group. Heck they finished top 5 in run defense last year and Ayers added to the group instead of Dumervil should make them better against the run than last year. Knighton we shall see what he adds. He has his moments of looking great then the next is getting pushed completely out of the picture. Hopefully Del Rio can light a fire under him.

Also to be honest I think it was good for this defense to get pushed around a little bit. I think some of our players were on the verge of thinking they had a spot in the playoffs already in the bag and needed a little humbling to remember they need to work.

This whole team is so hard to judge right now as they have looked pretty bland so far in the preseason but at the same time we have yet to see some of the guys who will actually be starting actually play. DRC has yet to hit the field and Clady are both expected to be huge contributors to this team this year but yet have not seen how big of a difference they will make yet.

Just so ready for the actual season to start. Tired of these preseason games and being scared to watch in fear of another starter going down in a meaningless game.