• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wll, How 'Bout That?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not expecting that performance from the 49ers last night. Solid defense, no penalties, good offensive line play. Mediocre QB play, but we expected that. I was very pleased with that performance as I'm sure you all were.

Not gonna get ahead of myself though; we won the opener last year and then shit the bed. This week will be a disaster down in Carolina with that team coming off a loss and having ten days to prepare and the 49ers coming off a short week and having to travel to Carolina. So I won't get to excited about that beat down either. We have the possibility of a decent season on our hands. Can't ask for a whole lot more than that.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not expecting that performance from the 49ers last night. Solid defense, no penalties, good offensive line play. Mediocre QB play, but we expected that. I was very pleased with that performance as I'm sure you all were.

Not gonna get ahead of myself though; we won the opener last year and then shit the bed. This week will be a disaster down in Carolina with that team coming off a loss and having ten days to prepare and the 49ers coming off a short week and having to travel to Carolina. So I won't get to excited about that beat down either. We have the possibility of a decent season on our hands. Can't ask for a whole lot more than that.

I was more than happy with the defensive performance...we even looked...kinda good. Very disciplined play, nice calls, and solid tackling. On the other side of the ball I would agree...QB play was a little up and down, the OL played strong and I think will be one of our major strengths. Patton looked pretty sharp, our new guy Kurley was on fire. Much to build on here...and yes next week is going to be beyond a challenge. It might be really ugly.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more than happy with the defensive performance...we even looked...kinda good. Very disciplined play, nice calls, and solid tackling. On the other side of the ball I would agree...QB play was a little up and down, the OL played strong and I think will be one of our major strengths. Patton looked pretty sharp, our new guy Kurley was on fire. Much to build on here...and yes next week is going to be beyond a challenge. It might be really ugly.
The other thing that I forgot to mention was the efficiency in the Red Zone; very un-49er-like. They were four for four in the red zone. Very impressive.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that I forgot to mention was the efficiency in the Red Zone; very un-49er-like. They were four for four in the red zone. Very impressive.

Great to see us come out swinging, but it will be interesting when we have to face playoff caliber teams. The D looked pretty dominant, but the QB play for the Rams was horrid...not sure if one caused the other but we will see when we face a QB that makes quick decisions where our DL doesn't have time to cause pressure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, great win and totally agree about the parallels with last year. Going to Carolina is going to be tough and am realistic about our chances. For me though, the question is can we at least be competitive and make it a game. That will be telling. Last year the 49ers played Pittsburgh the second week and the team just collapsed. Rothlesberger looked like he was playing a video game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and about our red zone offense. Even under Harbaugh, I believe Geep Chryst was calling the red zone plays. That is all you need to know. He was also our OC last year.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, was pleased with the outcome last night. To be honest, the part that surprised me most was just how bad the Rams were. I thought they were better than that. I agree we'll learn a lot more about who the Niners really are in the coming weeks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that dude Tartt looked good as well. Very athletic. I think he's a second-year man though.
Yes, he is a 2nd year player and he looks like he is going to be a good one. Baalke does have a good eye for DBs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, was pleased with the outcome last night. To be honest, the part that surprised me most was just how bad the Rams were. I thought they were better than that. I agree we'll learn a lot more about who the Niners really are in the coming weeks.
The only thing I hope to see out of the Carolina game is an end to the National Anthem nonsense. Time to move on from this ridiculously ineffective protest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I would like to see us keep it some what close. Maybe lose 24-13. Im not going to judge on this game if we lose because of what Montalban posted. Everything is against us. Now a win changes everything.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is fast and we look like we might a swarming D and that is a great sign. Bowman and Ray Ray is a scary pair. Lets hope Ray Ray can keep this up if so we might of found a diamond in the rough. Also High praise for the CBs. They were in shut down mode. Brock and Ward looked really good. I also like the rotation of Reid, Tartt and Bethea. Kerley looked awesome in this offense and has some good hands. Oline was great. Brown shut down Quinn and Tiller and beadles shut down Donald. Rams Front is Top 10 in the league so this was a great sign. We wont see many Fronts better then this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Redzone was great, Clock management was great and only 2 penalties. All 3 were weaknesses coming into this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to post a negative after a nice win but having our 1st rd pick not dress is not a good sign. When I saw that Martin was the back up at guard I was like where the hell is Garnett. Your 1st rd pick needs to be at least the back up. If he couldnt beat out Martin that is not a good sign and maybe a bad pick. The only thing I can come up with is that Martin is our swing player at Center and Guard but still Garnett needs to dress.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I would like to see us keep it some what close. Maybe lose 24-13. Im not going to judge on this game if we lose because of what Montalban posted. Everything is against us. Now a win changes everything.
I'm thinking more like 31 - 6 but its not going to be an accurate reflection of where we stand due to the travel, short week and Carolina being fired up after a loss last week. We are not as bad as 31-6 but that will probably be the best we can hope for. And we need no injuries

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to post a negative after a nice win but having our 1st rd pick not dress is not a good sign. When I saw that Martin was the back up at guard I was like where the hell is Garnett. Your 1st rd pick needs to be at least the back up. If he couldnt beat out Martin that is not a good sign and maybe a bad pick. The only thing I can come up with is that Martin is our swing player at Center and Guard but still Garnett needs to dress.

Anyone have any insight on this?

I wouldn't be too concerned. He is a rookie. On top of that, because of graduation he missed OTAs and was behind other rookies.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking more like 31 - 6 but its not going to be an accurate reflection of where we stand due to the travel, short week and Carolina being fired up after a loss last week. We are not as bad as 31-6 but that will probably be the best we can hope for. And we need no injuries

I am hoping they can make it a little closer than that. Injuries are big and this team has been unlucky the past couple of years with injuries. Hopefully, they will be a little luckier this year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and about our red zone offense. Even under Harbaugh, I believe Geep Chryst was calling the red zone plays. That is all you need to know. He was also our OC last year.
What does it say about Harbaugh that he wouldn't replace an obvious failure?