• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wizards 2013-2014 Regular Season

What number of wins do you expect from the upcoming weeks?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda curious if the Wiz will be amped up for this game, considering Beal's ankle in the OT win in Orlando. Nets are hot, but we have a chance for a season sweep.

C'mon Wizards. We need this one.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep huge game tonight, AT HOME. Better start winnin these home games. Like Toronto and Charlotte did last night, destroying Memphis and Minnesota. Even the Knicks have won 6 in a row :gaah:

Gonna put a few hundred vcash on the opposing team. That usually helps the Wiz :nod:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so you're tellin me there's a chance, lol

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep huge game tonight, AT HOME. Better start winnin these home games. Like Toronto and Charlotte did last night, destroying Memphis and Minnesota. Even the Knicks have won 6 in a row :gaah:

Gonna put a few hundred vcash on the opposing team. That usually helps the Wiz :nod:

Ha! It worked.

:yes:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Drew Gooden in there, along with Harrington and Miller, it really feels like we've got some depth... you know, just like the good teams do! They'd be crazy not to sign Drew for the rest of the season considering the boost he's given this team on several occasions.

Wall had an excellent night, Beal was able to play, and we got that all-important win for tie-breaker scenarios should the Wiz and the Nets finish the season with the same record. Nice to see a 4th quarter comeback like that!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Drew Gooden in there, along with Harrington and Miller, it really feels like we've got some depth... you know, just like the good teams do! They'd be crazy not to sign Drew for the rest of the season considering the boost he's given this team on several occasions.

Sounds like they are. From 4 days ago:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's official.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73-70 Wiz after 3. You watchin this thrutheeyesofruby?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a chokejob. John Wall bro gonna need you to be a lil more clutch than that at the FT line.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is that, 4-7 record in OT? That is disappointing. This game was disappointing.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't see it, but I kept track of it.. we were down 2 with about a minute left in regulation.. and then lost the way we did.

That was one that was there for the taking. Yeah, we've played a lot of OT this year and don't have a banner record to show for it. On to Portland. Hoping we have a west-coast swing like we had a little earlier in the year where we got some surprising wins.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't see it, but I kept track of it.. we were down 2 with about a minute left in regulation.. and then lost the way we did.

We had a 5-point lead with 24 seconds left. They missed a 3, outhustled us for a rebound, nailed a 3. Then Wall missed both FTs and frggin Rudy Gay tied it.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be in the crowd tonight pulling for my Wiz against the Blazers!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you had a good time man!

:sigh:

No Gortat.. I think he was missed.

Boy oh boy... My first game in person this year and I was really taken back. Here are my thoughts.
- Gortat was extremely missed.
- Substitution patterns were awful.
- Gooden is one of our better players. (What does that say about our roster?)
- Harrington should just retire. It pains me to watch him try to run up and down the floor.
- Booker was abused on defense all night.
- Wall was not assertive enough last night.
- We have too many streak shooters.
- No inside game without Nene.
- Didn't realize how far we are away from being a real contender.
- This roster needs major restructure. (Keepers: Wall, Beal, Nene, Gortat, Ariza, Porter, Gooden, Rice)
- The second half looked like the Wiz were playing a pick up game at the park. (To much 1 on 1)
- Whitman appears to have no feel or control of his team. (From an observation stand point only)
- Our offense appears to be a watered down version of, "hey try this or try that, never mind, just shoot"!
- Defense is NOT an emphasis.
- Portland without its best player buried us in the 3rd qtr.
- I guess I just expected a more polished team in person and it was a total let down.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy oh boy... My first game in person this year and I was really taken back. Here are my thoughts.
- Gortat was extremely missed.
- Substitution patterns were awful.
- Gooden is one of our better players. (What does that say about our roster?)
- Harrington should just retire. It pains me to watch him try to run up and down the floor.
- Booker was abused on defense all night.
- Wall was not assertive enough last night.
- We have too many streak shooters.
- No inside game without Nene.
- Didn't realize how far we are away from being a real contender.
- This roster needs major restructure. (Keepers: Wall, Beal, Nene, Gortat, Ariza, Porter, Gooden, Rice)
- The second half looked like the Wiz were playing a pick up game at the park. (To much 1 on 1)
- Whitman appears to have no feel or control of his team. (From an observation stand point only)
- Our offense appears to be a watered down version of, "hey try this or try that, never mind, just shoot"!
- Defense is NOT an emphasis.
- Portland without its best player buried us in the 3rd qtr.
- I guess I just expected a more polished team in person and it was a total let down.

That's great that you got to see them in person. As much as the Wiz have tried being defensive-oriented in the last year or two, it just somehow doesn't seem to be in our genetics. Going back as long as I can remember in the last 20 years, I can't ever remember our team being hailed as defensively-sound, let alone a juggernaut. I can live with that I guess.. but...

..we need Nene. We need a player like Gortat. If we're going to be the kind of team that's going to win the game on offense, we need guys who can do the dirty things and get the rebounds. That's all there is to it. Wall will have his off-nights, as will Beal. That's fine as long as we have players like them. Take them out of the equation however, and no matter how evenly we spread the offense around (Who has the hot hand tonight? Ariza? Webster?), we'll never be much more than a pretty good 6-8 seed in the conference.