• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wizards 2013-2014 Regular Season

What number of wins do you expect from the upcoming weeks?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh... Drew Gooden had a little hello to say to our old friend Nick Young...

https://vine.co/v/MMi6aZjQnZZ

Got fined $15 K for that. Came away with the win, though. Which, on these West coast swings, is always a nice thing. Now on to Denver and, to be honest, I'm not assuming anything with this game. This one could very well be just as hard fought. A 2-2 road trip would be nice tho... :hope:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost again. :pout: Denver sweeps the season series.

12 games left. Any chance the Wiz miss out on the playoffs?

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I don't think so. We have 8 home games and 4 away.

The Knicks have 5 home games and 8 away... including a 5 game west-coast trip starting this week against some of the same teams we just played.

Gotta hand it to the Knicks for coming on strong, but there's not many Utahs, Milwaukees or Philadelphias left on the schedule for them. (Those comprise 4 of the 8 wins on their current streak.)

I kinda had a feeling we wouldn't win in Denver. When I saw the road trip schedule originally I thought "well, there's some winnable games there", but the pessimistic side of me also acknowledged "there are some trap games there, too". Just because it's Sacramento and Denver, doesn't mean it's an automatic win for a team like ours.. especially on their court. In all honesty, the 1-3 record for this trip was about what I expected.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still crossing my fingers that we can win enough that we can catch the 4 or maybe even the 3 spot in playoff seeding. It's all in the hands of the Wiz now.. there are no more road trips of 2 or more games in a row.. a good chunk of it is gonna be on their home court.

Now we just have to wait.. and see.. and hopefully enjoy.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, Bobcats and Hawks lost last night :yes:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the Raptors and Knicks lost last night. :yes:

Time to burn the Suns tonight.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
Feel ya there.

We let them have a 25 pt lead at one point?? On our court?!?! That's just embarrassing. We should be better than that.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was said after the loss in Denver...

"I told them we've given games away," Wittman said. "We can't do that coming down the stretch. That's where they have to grow up. They have to grow up and understand that, understand what lies ahead. You have seven out of eight playoff teams or teams fighting for the playoffs. When you give away a couple games like we did, that doesn't send a good message of where our thought process is in this whole thing."

Of the four teams the Wizards faced on the final West Coast swing of the season, three are headed for the NBA Draft lottery. Then again, taking opponents too lightly, regardless of their record or injury status, could be exactly what's keeping the Wizards mired in mediocrity.

"It's just careless turnovers and over-dribbling, especially with me jumping in the air and looking for passes where guys could've been," said point guard John Wall, who had a season-high eight turnovers. "But we didn't do a good job of spacing. I feel like we could've won this game with how we opened up, but we turned the ball over too much, and they kept making shots and sticking around."

Sounds like exactly what happened in the Phoenix game too.

John Wall feels like the team needs to play more defense when the shots aren't falling, and seemed to like the small lineup that the Wiz went to in order to try to make a comeback..

John Wall Postgame - 3/26/14

Thankfully Beal was able to recover from the hip pointer he got late in the first half. He also felt like we were holding the ball too much.

Bradley Beal Postgame - 3/26/14

Is it possible this team's getting a little tight? Getting to the home stretch here and, unless something drastic happens, they're gonna make the playoffs. But as what seed? We've got more home games ahead than away, so I hope they can figure this out and loosen up a bit on the over-thinking aspect and tighten it up a bit on the defensive aspect.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few Wizard cheerleaders.

Just because, hehe.

Hey, need a little positivity flowing after our recent stretch.

Bjr9BL-IcAAnZUK.jpg

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them cheerleaders brought some good luck. Kicked Indiana's ass tonight! :yahoo:

Got ATL tomorrow. No let downs plz.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really happening? Could be the biggest choke in franchise history. That's saying something for this franchise.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall again misses 2 FT's late in the 4th of a close game (becoming a problem), then commits a foul for an and-1. Gortat blows a point-blank layup. Hawks on 8-0 run in the last minute. 2-point game now.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Thank God. I need another brew after that. *wipes sweat from forehead*

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz hang on for the win. Magic number is 1. Could clinch with a Knicks loss tomorrow.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

The Bulls, Raptors and Nets were all down at some point in today's games.. and all either bounced back nicely, or pulled out the win.

I don't want to fall in love or settle with the 6 seed, but it almost seems like we're cemented into it.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Wiz choked away a 16 point 2nd half lead to the BobKittens. F it, why not just tank for that 7th seed and a matchup with fading ass Indiana.

But for real, that's a pretty weak ass 2nd half effort with a playoff clincher on the line.