• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winning with class

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed is a young guy. He's younger than many of us who post on this board. I'm sure he'll learn from this and continue to develop as an exec. Who is really calling the shots as the owner of the Niners anyway? There is at least one co-owner, Gideon Yu. I suspect that Jed also has to confer with mom and dad before he makes major decisions.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed is a young guy. He's younger than many of us who post on this board. I'm sure he'll learn from this and continue to develop as an exec. Who is really calling the shots as the owner of the Niners anyway? There is at least one co-owner, Gideon Yu. I suspect that Jed also has to confer with mom and dad before he makes major decisions.

I sure hope so. I would hate to have a new coach every four years. I just hope the communication between Jed, Trent and the new coach is much better. Like many other posters have stated, this past season was a total waste. You can't waste any years as the players are getting older.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Jed hasn't answered everyone's questions to their liking, as the owner of an NFL franchise, he does need to give some answers, but how do we know that Jim isn't responsible for some of this?

This went down pretty quickly, maybe Michigan had contacted some of his "reps" and put the vibe out that Michigan is ALL in for Jim.

Not trying to poo poo on everyone's opinion, but just seems to me there's more than meets the eye here.

Just my :2cents:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should have given Harbs an incentive ladder contract just like Kaps. Does anyone here think Harbs was overpaid at 5m a yr?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have given Harbs an incentive ladder contract just like Kaps. Does anyone here think Harbs was overpaid at 5m a yr?

Nope! Michigan is in dire straits and if anyone can bring them back to what they SHOULD be, it'll be Jim.

But 7 years? That seems like a lot. Seeing that Jim is a wanderer, a nomad! :pound:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you're doesn't know the definition of accountability, I'm not confident that he knows what class is. I watched the press conference and he kept saying that he should be held accountable, but what does that mean? Does that mean people should not buy tickets? Does that mean he should be on the hot seat to sell the team if they don't get back to winning? Does that mean he just gets his Twitter blown up?

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to also mention that back when the 49ers were playing Baltimore for the SB Jed and his mom Denise started dropping the "D" ( Dynasty) word and when the 49ers lost you could see Jed steam and Jed wanted everyone to drop and hail him for being the savior of the franchise. Jed felt ripped off not getting his moment in the sun and following in the footsteps of his Uncle Eddie D. I will never forget them boasting about a possible Dynasty before they even won a SB and of course it all ended up blowing up with no SB to show in that new steak house of a museum palace stadium. Man, that SB loss really tripped Jed out and I don't think he ever recovered from laying out that "D" word.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The D he should have been thinking about was defeat...never ever pack the bags when you got a lead was what my best coach used to say and was so superstious of..and here we hear JED the water boy talkin to mom about a new dynasty even before the game started...cuz we all know we didn't play very good in the 1st half of the Ravens SB game...would be surprised if what shorted out the lights was Padowan JED peeing in his pants after the 1st half. :lol::lol:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since you're doesn't know the definition of accountability, I'm not confident that he knows what class is. I watched the press conference and he kept saying that he should be held accountable, but what does that mean? Does that mean people should not buy tickets? Does that mean he should be on the hot seat to sell the team if they don't get back to winning? Does that mean he just gets his Twitter blown up?

it means blame him for everything no matter..........cause that's what Owners are there for. It comes with the territory and that's what fans do.....point fingers at Owners.

49er fans will blame Jed every year that we don't win a SB, and that is almost every year. That's just the way it is.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that Harbaugh gets no blame here.
He left a lot to be desired on game day, can we please stop acting like he was the messiah? Yes, he won a lot but with this team that can be replicated and exceeded. Did we all forget just how shitty this offense was this year? And dont give me off the field distractions, The Defense played amazing this year under those same distractions not to mention this is the side of the ball that had all the injuries this season and Harbaugh played little part in the Defenses success.

Also, Harbaugh was no choir boy. He deserves just as much blame if not MORE for his departure. He is going to try to make himself look as good as possible in everybody's eyes, so of course he going to say things like, "I am here at the leisure of my owner" or whatever he said, meanwhile probably behaving like a jerk behind closed doors. We have all seen the way he is at press conferences. If he really wanted this to work out, how about treating people in the building with a little more respect? Jed was his owner after all, do any of you expect to keep your job if you are not giving proper respect to the guy paying your bills?

So lets not go overboard with the Jed hate. He does deserve some criticism, but if he is getting criticized then be sure to give just as much of it to Harbaugh.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means blame him for everything no matter..........cause that's what Owners are there for. It comes with the territory and that's what fans do.....point fingers at Owners.

49er fans will blame Jed every year that we don't win a SB, and that is almost every year. That's just the way it is.

Ask the bears, falcons, jets fans. Not many of them are blaming at their owners of their coach firing.

49ers fans blame on Jed because he deserved to be blamed at. Yes in the next few years 49ers fans will blame Jed every year if the team fails, and that's only because Jed asks for it.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left a lot to be desired on game day, can we please stop acting like he was the messiah? Yes, he won a lot but with this team that can be replicated and exceeded. Did we all forget just how shitty this offense was this year? And dont give me off the field distractions, The Defense played amazing this year under those same distractions not to mention this is the side of the ball that had all the injuries this season and Harbaugh played little part in the Defenses success.

Also, Harbaugh was no choir boy. He deserves just as much blame if not MORE for his departure. He is going to try to make himself look as good as possible in everybody's eyes, so of course he going to say things like, "I am here at the leisure of my owner" or whatever he said, meanwhile probably behaving like a jerk behind closed doors. We have all seen the way he is at press conferences. If he really wanted this to work out, how about treating people in the building with a little more respect? Jed was his owner after all, do any of you expect to keep your job if you are not giving proper respect to the guy paying your bills?

So lets not go overboard with the Jed hate. He does deserve some criticism, but if he is getting criticized then be sure to give just as much of it to Harbaugh.

I don't think the majority of people hold Harbaugh completely blameless and we all know he can be a jerk to people. The main reason I think people are blaming Jed the most is that it was never a secret Harbaugh was a jerk from before he even arrived. What did Jed think was going to happen? That he could turn Harbaugh around? Harbaugh is who he is and if he couldn't put up with it then he shouldn't have hired him.

Another reason people are going off on Jed is there's lots of Head Coaches that are jerks. Belichek being the most prominent of them. And yet some how some way Robert Kraft can put up with it and make it work. People are pissed at Jed because we had a successful winning coach and Jed couldn't find a way to make things work.

The constant leaks are another issue. Some people will point out that Harbaugh could have been behind some of the more recent leaks and that's possible, but a lot of the leaks that came out earlier in the year made Harbaugh look bad so that's coming from the front office and if Jed really wanted to find the leaker he could. If he can't then he's either the source or incompetent.

Jed's done some great things by upgrading the facilities and getting the stadium built, but how things went down with Harbaugh was a total fiasco. And if he thinks this is bad it's nothing compared to what will happen next year if the team sucks under the new coach. There's a lot of pissed people, but there's a good group like myself that are not happy, but taking a wait and see approach. If all goes to hell, then Jed won't be able to show his face at his own stadium without being booed or having things thrown at him.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't think people were blaming Jed for much of anything for this year, at least after Singletary. Seems to me this year blame was Kap = Roman > Harbaugh, with no one else really in the running. From now on it is going to be Jed and no one else (maybe) in the running.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan fan I am happy to have Harbaugh back home.

In all the interviews he has given he has not had anything bad to say about his time in San Francisco. The only reference was it's time to build a new house, context of a new challenge. He has not even responded to York's comments about slipping standards under Harbaugh's regime.

I don't think Harbaugh will have anything but praise for his team and the 49er fans. The guy is taking the high road IMO.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blame game. Have fun with that when nobody here has a clue about what really went down. Want new owners? Good luck with that.Shocking to hear an owner of a team demaning a title. Most Dallas fans hate JJ but they are in the playoffs........

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying he is to blame, but great post!! Very refreshing to see someone post something other than the same old sh*t! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!

Ask the bears, falcons, jets fans. Not many of them are blaming at their owners of their coach firing.

49ers fans blame on Jed because he deserved to be blamed at. Yes in the next few years 49ers fans will blame Jed every year if the team fails, and that's only because Jed asks for it.

Really?? Jets fans haven't been blaming their owner/front office? Where have you been? That front office is/was one of the worst in the NFL!! I think they've been bitching since Rex was hired!

The blame game. Have fun with that when nobody here has a clue about what really went down. Want new owners? Good luck with that.Shocking to hear an owner of a team demaning a title. Most Dallas fans hate JJ but they are in the playoffs........

:10: I'd be more concerned with an owner saying he wasn't expecting a Super Bowl!

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the majority of people hold Harbaugh completely blameless and we all know he can be a jerk to people. The main reason I think people are blaming Jed the most is that it was never a secret Harbaugh was a jerk from before he even arrived. What did Jed think was going to happen? That he could turn Harbaugh around? Harbaugh is who he is and if he couldn't put up with it then he shouldn't have hired him.

Another reason people are going off on Jed is there's lots of Head Coaches that are jerks. Belichek being the most prominent of them. And yet some how some way Robert Kraft can put up with it and make it work. People are pissed at Jed because we had a successful winning coach and Jed couldn't find a way to make things work.

The constant leaks are another issue. Some people will point out that Harbaugh could have been behind some of the more recent leaks and that's possible, but a lot of the leaks that came out earlier in the year made Harbaugh look bad so that's coming from the front office and if Jed really wanted to find the leaker he could. If he can't then he's either the source or incompetent.

Jed's done some great things by upgrading the facilities and getting the stadium built, but how things went down with Harbaugh was a total fiasco. And if he thinks this is bad it's nothing compared to what will happen next year if the team sucks under the new coach. There's a lot of pissed people, but there's a good group like myself that are not happy, but taking a wait and see approach. If all goes to hell, then Jed won't be able to show his face at his own stadium without being booed or having things thrown at him.
Harbaugh is not Belichek. Harbaugh is Harbaugh, its easy to say that two completely different people were able to make things work so why not these two people. There are all sorts of reasons why certain people dont get along. I would have to speculate that Belichek understands that Kraft is the owner and when Kraft wants something Belichek goes along with it.

And the leaks are a problem but leaks are a problem all across the league. There is no exception to this. The more attention one situation is getting by the media the more leaks that will be happening, not much you can do about this.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alot people seem to know what went down. I have read a dozen different theories as to what went down, and most of it seems to be speculation piled on top of speculation.