• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winning with class

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole winning with class thing just won't fly with me as Jed talks.

Harbaugh has volunteered his time to travel to places like Peru to feed and house the poor and wear 49ers gear doing that. Harbaugh has plenty of class and laying all the McDonald and Aldon Smith stuff on Coach is wrong. Football can be a brutal sport played by men that some have a different side. I am not saying that Harbaugh , York, and Balkke handled those situations correctly but to start talking about class and putting that on Harbaugh is wrong. Why is Balkke still here then?

I think some of this might come down to York and Balkke wanting Roman gone and Harbaugh stood tall for his OC and that was a big rub the wrong way by Harbaugh as a slap in the face to the 49ers brass. Jed talked this morning on KNBR about not wanting to throw men and their families under the bus as they had "philosophical differences" with Harbaugh.

Remember when Balkke's daughter posted a tweet about Roman having to go late in the season and then retracting the tweet. She must be listening to her father's conversations to write something like that. A real class move there. I think Harbaugh was also tired of all the drama he had to deal with here with all the leaks and was not appreciated enough by the organization for turning the team around.

This has been one big clusster fluck that could of beeen avoided with people who have better communication skills and class was thrown right out the window. Wow some real sad shit.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tweet by Jed York on Thanksgiving throwing the team under the bus right after the game ended was also a real class move by Jed. Wow does Jed know what class means. Well now Jed will have the press breathing down his throat now as Murph did a good job this morning wanting some answers. Jed is going to have to stand tall now with class and take the shit storm headed his way.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The tweet by Jed York on Thanksgiving throwing the team under the bus right after the game ended was also a real class move by Jed. Wow does Jed know what class means. Well now Jed will have the press breathing down his throat now as Murph did a good job this morning wanting some answers. Jed is going to have to stand tall now with class and take the shit storm headed his way.

Yup, I wonder if Sonny Boy and Trent realized what they have set up for themselves. It ALL rests on them now. If the Niners do not succeed it is on them. If they make a poor selection for coach, that coach will not be blamed as much as they will be.

Rather high standard they have set too: win the SB AND win with "class", whatever they mean by that. Clearly, Harbaugh is an odd duck and never gonna win Mr. Geniality awards, but I don't think he was an embarrassment. The situations with McDonald and Aldon were clearly a manageement thing that Sonny Boy said he was involved with.

This is one the most maddening things I have run into in my career as a fan. Just incredible to let a coach of this caliber go, without an obvious good reason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, I wonder if Sonny Boy and Trent realized what they have set up for themselves. It ALL rests on them now. If the Niners do not succeed it is on them. If they make a poor selection for coach, that coach will not be blamed as much as they will be.

Rather high standard they have set too: win the SB AND win with "class", whatever they mean by that. Clearly, Harbaugh is an odd duck and never gonna win Mr. Geniality awards, but I don't think he was an embarrassment. The situations with McDonald and Aldon were clearly a manageement thing that Sonny Boy said he was involved with.

This is one the most maddening things I have run into in my career as a fan. Just incredible to let a coach of this caliber go, without an obvious good reason.

it is on them anyway, with or without Harbaugh.

no strong comment on 'class', except to say isn't the NFL is already cracking down on players? Even 49er players will have to stay the course, same as everybody else. If they don't, then they fall under the NFL decisions. is York saying zero tolerance? is he saying additional restrictions be placed on 49er players?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next question to Jed has to be...Jed what is you're definition of winning with class and how will you move forward to make sure the team stays pure when players go home at night? Will players be let go right away after getting into trouble without due process or what? What are you're standards and how will you conduct the team going forward? Jed will you be more of a voice in team problems going forward instead of laying it all on the head coach to answer? A lot of questions to be answered moving forward regarding this "winning with class" statement made by Jed York.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could literally hear the ooze dripping off of York as he spouted his slimy dribble...kudos to Murph for putting this geek on the spot, he knows nothing about what it takes to be an NFL Champion, take a note from the Billionare Owner in the Pacific Northwest, hire winners and SHut the Fuck up!!!

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I can remember being a fan I have never understood how fans get so upset with what is said at press conferences, They want answers! give me a break. The coach and FO could not coexist and so the coach is gone. Thats it! Its there is nothing more to it. Its not very difficult to understand. We are dealing with people not robots.

And what answers do you expect to get in the public forum? All of the talk about class is just lip service and a way to fill up time until the press conference is over. Nothing more.

And back to the Thankgiving day tweet. I have ZERO problem with it. That game was one of the most disappointing things i have ever seen. I like that Jed took responsibility for that shitfest. Atleast we got real emotion and honesty from him.
Also Lowell Cohn is a hypocrite if he is going to start calling people out for being classless.

I want to say that i am just a little bit fired up about this and hope that if i offend you that you dont take this too personally. its just how i feel and its a topic i get easily frustrated with in general.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey this is all on Jed. He wants to be grilled now when the 49ers don't win it all. Well the BBQ is all heated up..he has asked for this shit to be flung at him now. The gate has been opened and people are going to roast him now until he raises a SB Trophy with class. Man ,I don't think he realizes what he has said saying blame him for not winning it all. The press is going to roast him year in and year out until he wins it all now. Those press conference words will be played over and over again and he will be begging to burn that tape.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if everything works out all of the naysayers will pretend like they didnt behave like imbeciles

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if everything works out all of the naysayers will pretend like they didnt behave like imbeciles

Super Bowl or Bust is tough to live up to these days year after year. I wish him luck but there is a salary cap and Eddie D. loaded up year after year to really go for the Super Bowl every year. It's nice to say but winning the Super Bowl year after year is a lot tougher now. One thing is for sure is that Jed needs to grow up more and learn how to deal with people better. He is only 30 years old and needs more life and NFL experience.

A mentor like Carmen Policy is much needed at 49ers Central.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl or Bust is tough to live up to these days year after year. I wish him luck but there is a salary cap and Eddie D. loaded up year after year to really go for the Super Bowl every year. It's nice to say but winning the Super Bowl year after year is a lot tougher now. One thing is for sure is that Jed needs to grow up more and learn how to deal with people better. He is only 30 years old and needs more life and NFL experience.

A mentor like Carmen Policy is much needed at 49ers Central.

Come on. Lets be realistic here. I know thats asking a lot from fanatics.

The goal year in and year out for every FO, Coach , and Player is to win a Super Bowl. Anybody expecting York to fire a coach for not accomplishing that goal every season is either dumb or playing dumb. Everybody knows winning and losing has nothing to do with why Harbaugh was fired. Lets stop pretending.

You are right about Jed lacking experience. No doubt he will learn from this experience.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can't fire the owners so I don't know how this might play out. Jed is the one who brought the fire back to this team when Mommy and Daddy were just going along for the ride all of those years not caring about if the 9ers won or not. I do miss Eddie but we can't just pick another owner.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The fire was on Jed and he still didn't answer the quesiton

Here is an exerpt from the radio show:

Jed York transcript from his KNBR radio interview - Niners Nation

So you will continue going forward to refuse to enunciate the philosophical differences, leaving it behind closed doors. You do not want to address those specifically.

I mean, I realize that's a lame answer. I realize that that's something that fans, they want every single detail. I understand that you want every single detail. But I respect the conversation that I had with Jim behind closed doors. I respect the fact that there are many people involved about those discussions, and not just those people but their families, and I am not going to throw those people under the bus, I'm not going to throw Jim under the bus. I respect him too much. I respect what he did for the San Francisco 49ers too much, to appease the crowd today, to talk about something that he and I said was going to stay behind closed doors.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you will continue going forward to refuse to enunciate the philosophical differences, leaving it behind closed doors. You do not want to address those specifically.

I mean, I realize that's a lame answer. I realize that that's something that fans, they want every single detail. I understand that you want every single detail. But I respect the conversation that I had with Jim behind closed doors. I respect the fact that there are many people involved about those discussions, and not just those people but their families, and I am not going to throw those people under the bus, I'm not going to throw Jim under the bus. I respect him too much. I respect what he did for the San Francisco 49ers too much, to appease the crowd today, to talk about something that he and I said was going to stay behind closed doors.
So you are pissed about Jed's response having dealt with Harbs responses to the media for four years?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am displeased with

a) the conflicting statements one person says philosophical differences where as another says it was a pleasure working with SF, wanted to stay and serves the organization.

b) I am displeased with the dismissal of a coach that brought back a winning culture.

Not sure what you mean when you say Harbs responses to the media.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I listened this morning. I knew he was going to be asked about that again and wasn't going to specifically address that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am displeased with

a) the conflicting statements one person says philosophical differences where as another says it was a pleasure working with SF, wanted to stay and serves the organization.

b) I am displeased with the dismissal of a coach that brought back a winning culture.

Not sure what you mean when you say Harbs responses to the media.
To me as well for what you have posted. My comment about Harbs is that he is like the 9er's FO and made no statement about anything really. I'm also not happy about Harbs leaving. I could vent about it but he is gone. It is time to move on.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotcha, agree...just hope the franchise can get back to its winning ways

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers have to close ranks and find out the leaks in the organization undermining the team. Al those leaks directly affected the team and did have a affect on the year. Injuries also killed this team and to those who point to a 8-8 record saying it was not good enough..is not fair to the team. All the B.S and injuries plus leaks and the drama cost this team a whole season of football. I really blame Jed for not standing up and find out who was leaking shit out to the media. He said today on KNBR that what did people expect him to do check emails and tweets coming out of 49ers Central? Yes Jed we expect you to find the rats and stop all the B.S. Jed failed as a owner who let the media make the 49ers look like fools all year.

Yeah I want to know who was leaking shit Jed? He talks of a team of class when he let the 49ers turn into As the World Turns drama in the public eye. This whole year was a waste.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers have to close ranks and find out the leaks in the organization undermining the team. Al those leaks directly affected the team and did have a affect on the year. Injuries also killed this team and to those who point to a 8-8 record saying it was not good enough..is not fair to the team. All the B.S and injuries plus leaks and the drama cost this team a whole season of football. I really blame Jed for not standing up and find out who was leaking shit out to the media. He said today on KNBR that what did people expect him to do check emails and tweets coming out of 49ers Central? Yes Jed we expect you to find the rats and stop all the B.S. Jed failed as a owner who let the media make the 49ers look like fools all year.

Yeah I want to know who was leaking shit Jed? He talks of a team of class when he let the 49ers turn into As the World Turns drama in the public eye. This whole year was a waste.

The distractions couldn't have helped. Hopefully, it wasn't Jed himself who was leaking things to the media.