• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Will there be baseball this year or not?

Will there be baseball this year or not?

• Yes

• No

• GFY baseball, I'm done.

• I still love you baseball, but you'r making it difficult

Results are only viewable after voting.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think you can put all the blame on the owners. The players are what makes baseball. People don’t come to games to watch the owners own. They come to game to watch the players play. So pay the damn players.
I feel the opposite. They OWN the teams, they should get more say in the running of the league. The players are paid employees.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunningly amazing. Baseball is having a difficult time retaining fans and recruiting new ones, and the owners and players are pulling this BS. There was one player--whose name I do not remember--who stated something to the effect that if there are no games this year, then next year viewership will go through the roof because people have missed it so much. I am of the mind that it is more likely that some fans will abandon the game and ratings will look even worse.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an MLB letter obtained by the Associated Press, "several players and staff" have tested positive for COVID-19.
As the league and the union continue to bicker publicly over the financial aspects involved with staging a possible 2020 baseball season, COVID-19 diagnoses and hospitalizations have begun to spike again across the United States. It might simply be too dangerous to attempt to play baseball games at any point this summer or fall, even with zero fans in attendance. Consider that Astros manager Dusty Baker just turned 71 years old, and that half of all MLB umpires are 55 or older. Granted, some are noting that the release of this letter comes with questionable motives given that the owners seemingly want a shorter 48-60 game season that would start in late July or early August. They can point to the positive COVID-19 tests as reason to delay.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an MLB letter obtained by the Associated Press, "several players and staff" have tested positive for COVID-19.
As the league and the union continue to bicker publicly over the financial aspects involved with staging a possible 2020 baseball season, COVID-19 diagnoses and hospitalizations have begun to spike again across the United States. It might simply be too dangerous to attempt to play baseball games at any point this summer or fall, even with zero fans in attendance. Consider that Astros manager Dusty Baker just turned 71 years old, and that half of all MLB umpires are 55 or older. Granted, some are noting that the release of this letter comes with questionable motives given that the owners seemingly want a shorter 48-60 game season that would start in late July or early August. They can point to the positive COVID-19 tests as reason to delay.

which pisses me off even more... If baseball cant happen because of Covid- fine... but the negotiations already pissed off the fans so much that if there is no baseball we will still blame the owners and players...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the opposite. They OWN the teams, they should get more say in the running of the league. The players are paid employees.

75% agree. Plus, I’ve never seen the owners crying poverty. They just don’t feel they should be paying the players their full wage. Which is their rights as owners to do. I fall on the owners side just for the fact they still offered great money (obviously I can’t blame the PA for not taking it because it was a ridiculous offer) but then the PA counter offered ridiculous shit. There are what like 50 million people in the country who either lost their jobs or had to take a paycut. Just had optics for the MLBPA and it it is coming off even worse that they are crying about the owners.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB is by far and away the worst run of the professional sports and it is just showing through in these moments.

Both the owners and the MLBPA are to blame for all the same reasons that you could have blamed them on any of the recent labor disagreements. It all goes back to the unions refusal to negotiate to a % of revenue and the owner's unwillingness to force them to do it because the big market teams dont want to share enough of the revenue to make that demand feasible. Almost all of the dysfunction in the business of baseball can be traced back to that.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope they don't play. I don't want to see the NL do the DH. Teams didn't build to use a DH. I also think if the use the DH for this season, they'll implement it permanently.
They'll have some slack ass utility player as the DH.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think you can put all the blame on the owners. The players are what makes baseball. People don’t come to games to watch the owners own. They come to game to watch the players play. So pay the damn players.

I personally think you're full of crap.

Name one concession offered by the players union. Just one. I'll wait.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred said There WILL be baseball.
That was last week.

This is today. His owners have told him their plans. Which ain't gonna be playing or paying for anything.

DOOSAN Bears are playin though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think you're full of crap.

Name one concession offered by the players union. Just one. I'll wait.
Sometimes it's like you live in a different dimension. Things are similar in your dimension, but all fucky at the same time.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as close as Heyman made it sound, but they seem to have a structure in place.

Can't believe this is the first time Manfred and Clark met face to face.

Where the fuck is the urgency?