• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Jets fire Gase

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when they hired him, the majority around football including MOST Jets fans thought it was a terrible hire... But has anything really changed from the hire to now?? has this team had any expectation for success since the hire, due to player talent??

here is some evidence that they wont fire Gase

1. They are the Jets, a terribly run organization with terrible ownership
2. They traded Adams Before the season started- this gave the jets a built in excuse to suck... the Lets trade our best player, and not get anything to help us this season trade... and they traded him why?? because him and gase were fighting
3. The Jets released Lev bell, the veteran Big named player... and why?? because him and Gase had a bad fight...
4. They Fire Gregg Williams... why?? because Gase asked him to be fired after a bad loss
5. After a win that ruined their future, they still have not fired him- sure it is rare to fire a coach after a win, but now you cant use the logic that we kept Gase because he gave us the best chance to lose!!! which many jet fans were using... the suck for lawrence, would have been harder if we had a servicable coach...

and now some potential reasons the jets ownership might want to keep him(reminder this is jets ownership- so logic is going to be silly)

1. now without lawrence, the Jets might decide to Keep Darnold for another season... or at least until his rookie contract is done... keeping same coach with same game plans is best to see what a QB will become for better or worse...

2. Even if they give up on Darnold and draft Fields, QB WHISPERER is QB WHISPERER...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are fucked. Gase was a goner, and Lawrence was all but a given. With that in place, a lot of guys would be intrigued to coach that team, because it does have some pieces to work with.....and adding what is considered a generational guy in Lawrence...yeah that would've been attractive for coaches.....

Gase shoulda been fired the second the Rams game went to zero.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point in firing him before the conclusion of the season at this point if you let him hang around this long. And yes he will be fired.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they beat the Patriots yes, yes he will be fired..... Guarantee they would

But that withstanding he should be gone

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done as a HC. I think everybody knows this by now. And honestly, the whole zero talent argument is overblown, imo. They have some players, obviously not a lot, but they have some. They have drafted some studs and have a lot of cap space and draft capital to build quickly. Gase is just a terrible coach that doesn't win, despite this weeks outlier. Sam Darnold remains a question mark and Lawrence would have been great but they blew it and that's that. Time to get a winning attitude in there.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should’ve been canned weeks ago.
That entire organization is devoid of discipline and direction all throughout, from the ownership at the very top all the way on down to the peripheral fringe personnel.
Wouldn’t be shocked in the least if Trevor Lawrence spurned them if they still have a chance to use their draft pick on him.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22

I think he will be fired but it will be after the season, maybe right after the last game. I'm sure you will agree he should be fired BUT...

What do you think the Jets should do?

A. Do you think the Jets should draft Fields and trade Darnold at some point this offseason
B. Stick with Darnold for one more season and draft an OL like Sewell, who is a sure pick in my mind like Quenton Nelson
C. Trade down and acquire a bunch of picks kinda like CLE did when HOU moved up for DeShaun Watson

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22

I think he will be fired but it will be after the season, maybe right after the last game. I'm sure you will agree he should be fired BUT...

A. Do you think the Jets should draft Fields and trade Darnold at some point this offseason
B. Stick with Darnold for one more season and draft an OL like Sewell, who is a sure pick in my mind like Quenton Nelson
C. Trade down and acquire a bunch of picks kinda like CLE did when HOU moved up for DeShaun Watson

there is no B option IMO... either A or C...

But honestly I don't know because I don't know enough about fields... Personally, I would like to have my nephew playing for my favourite team(we share last name, so by the transitive property we are related)...

But it comes down to an easy question, who has the better potential(yes i said potential- not who is better today)... If the jets think Fields is better than Darnold, then they should draft him... otherwise, dont...

i guess i will ask you, who follows college football, is Fields any good?? is he potential upside?? is he a mobile QB??

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22

B. or C. if they have the #2. There's a big falloff in quality between TL and JF.

The NY sports media was all over Gase's a** for winning Sunday. I don't see any way he survives.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be real funny if they fired him after they finally won a game

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably be fired at the end of the year. But he never should have been hired in the first place. It's just that no good coaches were available who would wanna come to the Jets.

Firing him also means Darnold will be working with yet another set of coaches and possibly learning another new scheme, which isn't good for any level of talent. This team needs some consistency.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But honestly I don't know because I don't know enough about fields... Personally, I would like to have my nephew playing for my favourite team(we share last name, so by the transitive property we are related)...

But it comes down to an easy question, who has the better potential(yes i said potential- not who is better today)... If the jets think Fields is better than Darnold, then they should draft him... otherwise, dont...

i guess i will ask you, who follows college football, is Fields any good?? is he potential upside?? is he a mobile QB??

So you think Darnold is done or is it the fact they are going to draft a QB no matter what?

Honestly, Fields the more and more I watch him he isn't NFL ready. He needs to work on some things so either staying at Ohio St one more year or sitting for a year is the best option BUT I think he does have a high ceiling and he is super athletic. I think a year ago he ran like a 4.45 on the 40 or something. He is more athletic than Lawrence and he does have the arm talent. One thing I worry about but it can be fixed is he takes too much time in the pocket and a slow release..this can be fixed but the ceiling is much higher than Darnold's imo

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justin Fields projects as a franchise quarterback at the NFL level — he offers the blend of throwing ability, athleticism, stature and clutch play that will cause NFL teams to fall in love with his evaluation, even if his 2020 campaign showed some cracks in his play. Fields' ability as a passer is top shelf when accounting for his natural delivery and how easily he's proven to be able to throw around defenders or work himself into generating velocity and accuracy when on the move;

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are willing to stick with Darnold then C.

If not
Then draft a QB #2.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Darnold is done or is it the fact they are going to draft a QB no matter what?

Honestly, Fields the more and more I watch him he isn't NFL ready. He needs to work on some things so either staying at Ohio St one more year or sitting for a year is the best option BUT I think he does have a high ceiling and he is super athletic. I think a year ago he ran like a 4.45 on the 40 or something. He is more athletic than Lawrence and he does have the arm talent. One thing I worry about but it can be fixed is he takes too much time in the pocket and a slow release..this can be fixed but the ceiling is much higher than Darnold's imo
By that analysis I would take fields.

better qb has higher upside to become a game changing qb.
Darnold has done nothing yet to keep his job. And they have the opportunity to get a better prospect. Younger too. And you don’t have to start fields right away. Let darnold start and earn his spot. If he does earn it then you have a qb to trade with actual value.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably be fired at the end of the year. But he never should have been hired in the first place. It's just that no good coaches were available who would wanna come to the Jets.

Firing him also means Darnold will be working with yet another set of coaches and possibly learning another new scheme, which isn't good for any level of talent. This team needs some consistency.
but in this offense & coaches. Probably still be a positive for Darnold to start over. Unfortunate as it is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that analysis I would take fields.

better qb has higher upside to become a game changing qb.
Darnold has done nothing yet to keep his job. And they have the opportunity to get a better prospect. Younger too. And you don’t have to start fields right away. Let darnold start and earn his spot. If he does earn it then you have a qb to trade with actual value.
That sounds like the right plan but we saw it all this year...doubt Fields would last a full season on the bench. One injury or bad start away from starting early rather than late but that being said, that would be the smart move. Lawrence is a start from day one QB like Burrow.