• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why, win or lose, Hokies still have an empty trophy case

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At the the end of the day, no matter what happens with the ACC championship, there is just no way that VT plays for all the marbles. For that matter, even if the Hokies win out, their opponent in the Orange Bowl will probably be a Big East opponent because that what is deserved.

Why?

Arkansas State, Marshall, Appy State and ECU. I mean, "Come on, man!"

The only two teams in the ACC that are even mid level SEC caliber are Clemson and FSU (sometimes). VT isn't in that conversation, and there is no way that the powers that be are going to let a cream puff filled scheduler with an embarrassing record against top teams get to the Big Game. Period. At the end of the day the computers and the writers will clean it up.

As an example, the Sagarin ratings have the Hokies at #22, which might be a little low but not by that much.

That is why the national guys are scoffing and VT gets so little respect. If you want to be the man you gotta beat the man, and that means you have to schedule him. And I don't want to hear about teams ducking VT, everybody knows it's the other way around.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what the whole country says

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At the the end of the day, no matter what happens with the ACC championship, there is just no way that VT plays for all the marbles. For that matter, even if the Hokies win out, their opponent in the Orange Bowl will probably be a Big East opponent because that what is deserved.

Why?

Arkansas State, Marshall, Appy State and ECU. I mean, "Come on, man!"

The only two teams in the ACC that are even mid level SEC caliber are Clemson and FSU (sometimes). VT isn't in that conversation, and there is no way that the powers that be are going to let a cream puff filled scheduler with an embarrassing record against top teams get to the Big Game. Period. At the end of the day the computers and the writers will clean it up.

As an example, the Sagarin ratings have the Hokies at #22, which might be a little low but not by that much.

That is why the national guys are scoffing and VT gets so little respect. If you want to be the man you gotta beat the man, and that means you have to schedule him. And I don't want to hear about teams ducking VT, everybody knows it's the other way around.

LMAO! yeah VT "ducks" teams. Thats why we have played USC, BAMA, LSU, BOISE, NEB, WVU, in recent years and have future games with OHst, Wisky, etc.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"in recent years" LMAO

Like I said, FOUR cream puffs. THIS season. smh

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"in recent years" LMAO

Like I said, FOUR cream puffs. THIS season. smh

No you basically said "VT ducks teams", who have we ducked? We have no problems scheduling big time OOC games. Bama in 2013.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, you're right. Those 4 were the best you could do. I get it.

smh

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
sorry idaho, william and mary, indiana, and southern miss were all tied up.

:stfu:

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but we aren't the team that is all hard on about being as good as the SEC. That's your gig. We get Penn State to open the season next season. Who you got?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we aren't the team that is all hard on about being as good as the SEC. That's your gig. We get Penn State to open the season next season. Who you got?

You cannot be stupid enough to even start comparing schedules, can you?

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not about comparing schedules with US, dude. It's about comparing schedules with the teams you think you are as good as. If you watch college FB, there are a dozen - easy a dozen - teams that would turn you inside out. Remember Clemson's RDE? That guy doesn't get on the field for the elites.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question, after the game tomorrow will your name still be hoosrise?

I will call it like I see it though. You have alot of balls posting as one of the only UVa fans on here and trying to lay down some smack talk! As you guessed it there are prob a good 20+ VT posters on SportsHoopla and rising. :)

But it's all good "don't take no shit off nobody"...
[YOUTUBE]coD7x1-4h9U[/YOUTUBE]

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Um, seems to me that you're the guy over on a UVA board. It is a resume builder for you, though.