• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why so streaky?

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is, in my opinion, the biggest problem with the Devils. All of the other stuff is secondary. Game 1, huge start, 3 goal lead and then give up 2 and almost blow it. Game 2, horrible first 2 periods, 2 quick ones in the 3rd. Game 3, torrid start, 3-0 lead and then play like crap for the last 53 minutes.

At no point does this team play even keel. What is going on that they can't maintain any composure? Too high and too low. It is like team Bi-polar disorder. Is it coaching? I don't want to blame PDB but it is his job (and the captain's) to keep the team at a certain level. Keep them focused when they are tearing it up and pick them up when they screw up. Maybe I have to start pointing the finger at Parise's leadership.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for a while now, I don't think this team has that guy. We don't have the motivator, the team leader that takes control of this team. Kovy is close to being that guy but I think he's much better suited at being the number 2 guy. Blasphemy to say, but if we swapped Parise for Ryan Suter in the offseason I'd be okay with it. I get the sense people don't get pissed off enough on this team, they're almost too level headed. If Parise starts yelling in the locker room is anybody scared of him?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont think its the coach...even though he has made some serious stupid moves.

they have had too many coaches im sure if that was the issue of the coach being weak then lou i would HOPE had figured that out a long time ago. i mean these guys do get interviewed right?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all penalties. 6 of Florida's 10 goals have been on the PP. If you told PDB or anyone on the Devils they would have given up 4 goals at even strength AND ONE OF THEM was an empty-netter, they would have signed up for that instantly.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit, I am not surprised that our #1 PK unit went awful(although the goaltending has a lot to say about it) in these playoffs... its usually how that works.

The players need to respond and respond in every period. Gm 3, they were just killing it, went up 3-0 hoping the panthers were going to quit. 4 goals later, Panthers win. It's 2-1 now, it's salvagable but going down 3-1... thanks for nothing IMO.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all penalties. 6 of Florida's 10 goals have been on the PP. If you told PDB or anyone on the Devils they would have given up 4 goals at even strength AND ONE OF THEM was an empty-netter, they would have signed up for that instantly.

I agree that penalties will kill you, and they have certainly taken their share in this series. But let's be honest, they had a record setting PK during the year and led the league in SH goals.