• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because that is the same.

I call Steph Curry "Curry". Kevin Love is "Love". Durant is KD.

It is all about the easiest way to type a player's name that is reckognizable by all. There are many James' out there. How many LeBron's do you know?
No its not, but I think you know that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tell you what.

Why don't you go do some research. Go read through any current thread you choose and analyze all of the mentions of LeBron by name.

Tell me what percentage of posters call him "LeBron" vs. any other form of his actual name (not a contrived nickname).

Won't be less than 90%. That is what most people call him. But keep clowning yourself.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I respect the shit out of LeBron.

His on-court mannerisms and antics are what gets under my skin a bit. Along with what seems to be a bit of a self-interest. Like IG posts to himself when he sets a record... shit like that.

I mean, I've rooted for the guy in his last 3 finals. I root for him to lose leading up to it, but in the end... I pull for greatness.

He annoys me in the way that an athlete does. It's not a personal thing. Where as somebody like... Brandon Marshall. I think that guy is a complete piece of shit and intolerable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what.

Why don't you go do some research. Go read through any current thread you choose and analyze all of the mentions of LeBron by name.

Tell me what percentage of posters call him "LeBron" vs. any other form of his actual name (not a contrived nickname).

Won't be less than 90%. That is what most people call him. But keep clowning yourself.
If you say so. It sounds ridiculous. DOn't see it in any other sport other than basketball. Or I suppose entertainment. Its "man, did you see Denzel"? or "did you see Kanye"? Its sickening.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck those people. Durant wants to win; he's not after "his money".
Kevin Durant did what was in his best interest, but with that being said - yes he wanted championship titles and those titles will earn him much more in endorsements then making the $$$$ for a losing team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. It sounds ridiculous. DOn't see it in any other sport other than basketball. Or I suppose entertainment. Its "man, did you see Denzel"? or "did you see Kanye"? Its sickening.

If that makes you sick, then you have some real problems. But I think most of us already knew that.

And actually, yeah. I am pretty sure most people do refer to Kanye West as "Kanye". Again, same principal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant did what was in his best interest, but with that being said - yes he wanted championship titles and those titles will earn him much more in endorsements then making the $$$$ for a losing team.
The decision was his though. I have no problem with it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you sick, then you have some real problems. But I think most of us already knew that.

And actually, yeah. I am pretty sure most people do refer to Kanye West as "Kanye". Again, same principal.
We agree. We just don't agree on what that is. And by the way, the word is "principle".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree. We just don't agree on what that is. And by the way, the word is "principle".

We agree that you have some real problems?

Awesome!

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa. I learn something everytime I read SportsHoopla.

We're not allowed to call Lebron by the name Lebron. I didn't know that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision was his though. I have no problem with it.
You're preaching to the choir - I had no problem with Durant's decision - It was a smart one. I had no problem with LeBron leaving Cleveland - the first time either - My reason for disliking him is the arrogant way he has conducted his business on and off the court. I think a courtesy call to the owner of the Cavaliers and quietly told him ahead of time would have been professional. I didn't like the way he has given up many of the games and I disliked his bragging about being the King. What has made him a great player is the fact that he has the strongest and most physically fit body for any athlete in the NBA. His IQ for the game is good to go along with it, but I think there are many other players in the last thirty years who have or had a higher IQ for the game, but lacked the physical fitness LeBron has to execute their game and that's why so many fans get mixed up and call him the goat. The fact is I simply don't follow him as a fan and I just don't care for him, but if people wants to worship him as their personal savior - then they have that right

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that a bunch of people hate him, it's that we just don't care... yet every media outlet and Lebron himself seem to think people do, which makes him generally fucking annoying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is LeBron an enemy of Laker fans?

The Lakers had never competed against him in a game that mattered. And, there is a decent chance he plays in LA next year.

By the way, did you know that LeBron was a Laker fan as a kid?

TLF seems angry. lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that a bunch of people hate him, it's that we just don't care... yet every media outlet and Lebron himself seem to think people do, which makes him generally fucking annoying.
It's pretty easy to dislike someone who is arrogant

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan didn't have a real likable personality either. Did you listen to his HOF speech? ROFLMAO.

No one "hates" Lebron as we don't even know the guy personality. hate is a strong word. he's definitely an overrated player however.

His Tots are the most delusional fanbase in history however. And they always have an excuse for Lebron's FAILURES

To be fair, there was no social media in MJ's day.

Plus, he was very good at marketing and presenting himself in a positive light.

He never took any public positions on politics or social issues.

My guess is that if social media existed and/or he took public stands on issues, he probably wouldn't have been as well liked.

As @tlance has pointed out in the past, he'd probably still be more well liked than Lebron though, because he had a charm that Lebron doesn't appear to have.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. I learn something everytime I read SportsHoopla.

We're not allowed to call Lebron by the name Lebron. I didn't know that.
I'm just asking why. Do you call any other strangers simply by their first name?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF seems angry. lol
No, I'm not angry - I was just pointing out that as a Lakers fan, LeBron is the opponent - he is the enemy - and besides that I don't like LeBron because of his many arrogant actions both on and off the court - I thought it was ugly in the manner he handled "The Decision", I also thought it was in pour taste to walk off the court without shaking hands a few years before, I also thought he was arrogant in declaring he would win 7 championships in Miami - Really as a person - I don't see anything to like.

Now on the other hand - I really did not want to like the Spurs, the organization, Popovich or Tim Duncan, but how they handled themselves, played their game, made sacrifices for each other and considered each other - forced me to have nothing but total respect for the entire organization. Truthfully - I have more respect for Popovich and Tim Duncan than I do for Phil Jackson or Kobe Bryant. So perhaps what is missing is not that anyone hates LeBron - People in general simply don't have a lot of respect for him because of his behavior and you can't force a person to respect you. You have to earn it by treating people right.