• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do Texas fans act like the Longhorn network is great?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, what about the teams I saw play but I was too fucked up to remember the game? If I go back and look to see who played on my ticket stubs, am I still allowed to claim them as well?

Also, what about the games where we left around the 7th inning to go get drunk/look at some titties. Are those legit claims?

I'm sorry but someone that's been to countless games of other teams yet has never been to see his own "team" play can't be considered a true fan. Christ, I'm starting to think you've never been to Chicago ether.

You know exactly what I'm talking about and you are acting foolish. You've been to so many A's and Giant games yet you have never been to a Cubs game, an you won't acknowledge (even though you know I'm right) that you are a bandwagon fan. LoL

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but someone that's been to countless games of other teams yet has never been to see his own "team" play can't be considered a true fan. Christ, I'm starting to think you've never been to Chicago ether.

You know exactly what I'm talking about and you are acting foolish. You've been to so many A's and Giant games yet you have never been to a Cubs game, an you won't acknowledge (even though you know I'm right) that you are a bandwagon fan. LoL

Well I was born in Chicago, so I'm pretty sure I've been there. :lol:

I'm not being foolish, you are. The guy who thinks watching games on TV and/or radio somehow isn't legit, but going to a single game is. it's quite amusing the lengths you are willing to go here, I'm just curious on what is the limit.

What teams can I be a true fan of?

I guess I should just give up sports completely.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no you'd never be a true sox fan, but we'd still welcome ya.

Come on dude, how are you a Cubs fan if ya went to Giants and A's games and never have seen the Cubs play? You know exactly what I mean. Quit acting dumb.

You have been to one sox game but no Cubs games, an you Write the post I just quoted??

Acting dumb? Like coming up with the dumbest rules for "bandwagon" fan in the history of the internet dumb? Or just like normal not near as bad dumb?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was born in Chicago, so I'm pretty sure I've been there. :lol:

I'm not being foolish, you are. The guy who thinks watching games on TV and/or radio somehow isn't legit, but going to a single game is. it's quite amusing the lengths you are willing to go here, I'm just curious on what is the limit.

What teams can I be a true fan of?

I guess I should just give up sports completely.

Yes the guy whose name wasn't even brought up but got all defensive over my original post is not the fool. LOL You have admitted you've never been to Alabama or an Alabama game. You had a chance to tailgate just 20 minutes from your house and you didn't. Quite acting all holier then thou because you are a bama "fan." That's what I'm getting at.

How about you give up this board altogether?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting dumb? Like coming up with the dumbest rules for "bandwagon" fan in the history of the internet dumb? Or just like normal not near as bad dumb?

Not making rules, just giving you my opinion. Obviously it's bugging you because you keep answering. I guess there is some truth to it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wuz this one time I watched the Longhorn TV. Alabama won. The Texas quarterback hurt his shoulder and quit on his friends or somethin' like that. Lt. Dan said, "PROCESSED GUMP, now turn that stupid shit off, Jenny and Jenny III need new shrimpin' nets." I never had to watch Longhorn TV again. That's all I have to say, about that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the guy whose name wasn't even brought up but got all defensive over my original post is not the fool. LOL You have admitted you've never been to Alabama or an Alabama game. You had a chance to tailgate just 20 minutes from your house and you didn't. Quite acting all holier then thou because you are a bama "fan." That's what I'm getting at.

How about you give up this board altogether?

Wtf is the big deal for you with tailgating? Just how desperate are you?

And you should cry more about me giving up this board altogether. Fucking whinny bitch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making rules, just giving you my opinion. Obviously it's bugging you because you keep answering. I guess there is some truth to it.

No, I think it's funny as shit and like exposing how ignorant you are.

Roll Tide Bitch!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude come on, if bama didn't have this much success since 08/09, would you even be on this board?

Fuck no he wouldn't. I don't ever recall seeing that guy on CBS or ESPN and I was on those boards since 2001, along with several posters on the Hoop.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no he wouldn't. I don't ever recall seeing that guy on CBS or ESPN and I was on those boards since 2001, along with several posters on the Hoop.

I wasn't on either. I only came here because the link showed up in the stats for my rankings as someone here linked to them.

Or if you're worried about another school's 3rd tier TV Network.....

Worried? More like pointing out Texas fans have been full of shit about the content. You aren't getting any extra content than I get for Alabama on the SECN.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on either. I only came here because the link showed up in the stats for my rankings as someone here linked to them.

Worried? More like pointing out Texas fans have been full of shit about the content. You aren't getting any extra content than I get for Alabama on the SECN.

I have yet to see anyone ever claim there was "extra content" - do you have evidence of this?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see anyone ever claim there was "extra content" - do you have evidence of this?

Evidence? How about every single thread about the LHN.

It's all I've heard, the LHN was so much better than a conference network for individual teams because it was dedicated solely to the 1 team.

When I happened to look at the actual schedule for the LHN, I saw that it wasn't true.

Btw - I would actually watch the LHN if I had it. I would also like to have the big10 network and the Pac12 network as well. I'd obviously not watch the LHN as much as the others since it's only 1 team, but I've had the Big10 and the Pac12 and watched them. The reason I don't get the LHN? Because it has no national appeal as it's only for 1 team.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence? How about every single thread about the LHN.

It's all I've heard, the LHN was so much better than a conference network for individual teams because it was dedicated solely to the 1 team.

When I happened to look at the actual schedule for the LHN, I saw that it wasn't true.

Btw - I would actually watch the LHN if I had it. I would also like to have the big10 network and the Pac12 network as well. I'd obviously not watch the LHN as much as the others since it's only 1 team, but I've had the Big10 and the Pac12 and watched them. The reason I don't get the LHN? Because it has no national appeal as it's only for 1 team.

Nothing you just posted addresses the question at hand.

Nobody has claimed it has more content.

The fact that it's dedicated for one school makes it better for one school......the fact that it's nearly nationwide trumps anything a conference network can do for ONE school.

It's not hard to understand. But your arguments here are weak, if not entirely mythical.

The LHN as a competitive viewing experience to the SECN and B1GN is not really in question. But in terms of what it does for Texas, there's no comparison there either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you just posted addresses the question at hand.

Nobody has claimed it has more content.

The fact that it's dedicated for one school makes it better for one school......the fact that it's nearly nationwide trumps anything a conference network can do for ONE school.

It's not hard to understand. But your arguments here are weak, if not entirely mythical.

The LHN as a competitive viewing experience to the SECN and B1GN is not really in question. But in terms of what it does for Texas, there's no comparison there either.

If there is no extra content, then why is it better and how does it do more?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no extra content, then why is it better and how does it do more?

It wouldn't matter if it had no content at all.

It is advancing a SINGLE school, 24 hours a day. That is greater than any conference network can do.

Does the SECN have more viewership? ABSOLUTELY. Does it make more money? OF COURSE. Does it show Bama 24 hours out of every day, 365 days a year? Not even vaguely.

For TEXAS there isn't anything that can beat this. Just as a marketing tool......recruiting tool.......the money is almost inconsequential.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't matter if it had no content at all.

It is advancing a SINGLE school, 24 hours a day. That is greater than any conference network can do.

Does the SECN have more viewership? ABSOLUTELY. Does it make more money? OF COURSE. Does it show Bama 24 hours out of every day, 365 days a year? Not even vaguely.

For TEXAS there isn't anything that can beat this. Just as a marketing tool......recruiting tool.......the money is almost inconsequential.

So Texas needs the LHN as a marketing and recruiting tool?

That's an even worse excuse than more content.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas needs the LHN as a marketing and recruiting tool?

That's an even worse excuse than more content.

They don't NEED it. But it is a PLUS to have.......not sure exactly why you would think that's a bad thing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't NEED it. But it is a PLUS to have.......not sure exactly why you would think that's a bad thing.

If it's helping you with marketing and recruiting, I don't see the results.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's helping you with marketing and recruiting, I don't see the results.

Then you aren't paying attention. Texas didn't pull 5 kids out of the top 50 in Florida last year on a hum.

And I'm talking more than just football. The LHN has been a BOON for Texas, regardless of how all you feel about it. They aren't going to give it up just because folks are jealous.

We'll all see how long the network can stand. I suspect ESPN will have to kill it soon or turn it over completely to the University to manage.