• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do Texas fans act like the Longhorn network is great?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you aren't paying attention. Texas didn't pull 5 kids out of the top 50 in Florida last year on a hum.

And I'm talking more than just football. The LHN has been a BOON for Texas, regardless of how all you feel about it. They aren't going to give it up just because folks are jealous.

We'll all see how long the network can stand. I suspect ESPN will have to kill it soon or turn it over completely to the University to manage.

Jealous? You sound like an Oregon fan.

If Texas is unable to recruit that well without it, then my opinion of the school in general must be way off. I'll have to drop you out of the blue blood status.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but someone that's been to countless games of other teams yet has never been to see his own "team" play can't be considered a true fan. Christ, I'm starting to think you've never been to Chicago ether.

You know exactly what I'm talking about and you are acting foolish. You've been to so many A's and Giant games yet you have never been to a Cubs game, an you won't acknowledge (even though you know I'm right) that you are a bandwagon fan. LoL

Man I can see you haven't had the pleasure to talking to aggy fans.......apparently you aren't a real fan if you don't have a class ring or attended.....you're just a "t-shirt" fan worthy of scorn and derision........couldn't tell them pretty much the entirety of college football and the SEC especially are comprised of "t-shirt" fans, but oh well.......

It's what I love about you team Big12-ish guise, always have someone to play all the angles.

I'll wait for Ralphie to address the biggest bandwagon tool on the hoop, but I of course won't hold my breath. :llama:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the Big 10 and SEC folks, does you network also have regional stations? Out here we have Pac 12 network, Pac 12 Washington, Pac 12 Oregon, Pac 12 Arizona, Pac 12 Mountain, Pac 12 Bay and Pac 12 LA. In Olympia I get Pac 12 and Pac 12 Washington.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the Big 10 and SEC folks, does you network also have regional stations? Out here we have Pac 12 network, Pac 12 Washington, Pac 12 Oregon, Pac 12 Arizona, Pac 12 Mountain, Pac 12 Bay and Pac 12 LA. In Olympia I get Pac 12 and Pac 12 Washington.

I don't know, but when I lived in the Bay area there was an Oakland channel that became the "SEC Network" on Saturdays and would play SEC games that weren't the big time games.

It was pretty nice.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they dont. That's why they have some weird obsession with the LHN. The entire point of this thread was a bama fan trying to prove his SECN shows as much bama content as the LHN does UT content. P3nis envy is strong in this offseason thread.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of time there is same programming but sometimes you get the local game on local network while someone else is on the main. the local is also more likely to show the smaller sports like Tennis or rowing for the local team but never on the main network. its nice at times.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of time there is same programming but sometimes you get the local game on local network while someone else is on the main. the local is also more likely to show the smaller sports like Tennis or rowing for the local team but never on the main network. its nice at times.

That sounds like a good set up. You get all the perks of your own network, with a bigger conference network also. I'm surprised its not working out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a good set up. You get all the perks of your own network, with a bigger conference network also. I'm surprised its not working out.
I think the Pac has too many contracts with ESPN, Fox/FS1, I think they still have one with Root. and then also having their own. plus i just dont think people are tuning in for mens volleyball and softball and gymnastics.

uluu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only so many football and basketball games that they can cover. After that you wind up with gymnastics, field hockey, golf, you name it, and endless repeats. These networks are great for in-season major sports, but not much else.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no he wouldn't. I don't ever recall seeing that guy on CBS or ESPN and I was on those boards since 2001, along with several posters on the Hoop.

you were on ceebeeess? Never saw you unless you were going by a different name...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know CBS or ESPN had a forum until I came here.

I wouldn't have posted on them anyway. Forums need to have the right amount of users for my enjoyment. There is a SEC forum I visit that I rarely post on because it has so many people that it's almost impossible to keep up with a discussion. Not to mention an overwhelming number of dumb people.

The team section on it is much slower/better and is good for information is the only reason I visit it at all.

Only reason I post here is because it's the Goldilocks of forums. Enough people to keep things flowing through the day, most dumbasses get dealt with and alts aren't allowed.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely watch over an hour of prog a day. You could provide me with a split screen with OU football on one side and midget amputee pr0n (with all verbal exchanges done in haiku) on the other for an hour a day and I'd be set.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only so many football and basketball games that they can cover. After that you wind up with gymnastics, field hockey, golf, you name it, and endless repeats. These networks are great for in-season major sports, but not much else.
True but it also depends on what sports you are into. Im sure the Big 10 loves it for hockey too. I like watching oregon Baseball and softball and being from Eugene I like watching track too. less of the 1 on 1 meets though vs the multi team ones.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous? You sound like an Oregon fan.

If Texas is unable to recruit that well without it, then my opinion of the school in general must be way off. I'll have to drop you out of the blue blood status.

Not sure if I can take the opinion of a so called "die hard" Bama and Cubs fan seriously if they have never seen them live.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I can take the opinion of a so called "die hard" Bama and Cubs fan seriously if they have never seen them live.....

It's cool, I never take your opinion seriously because you are a dumbass.