• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Pirates being so quiet?

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they continue to look for value... but they are not going to overpay... just for the sake of making a move... Too many teams do that and it never works out... If a trade comes up where they can bring in an arm or a bat they like I think they will do it.

Having money to spend is different than spending 241 million on Fielder (which is a terrible deal for the Tigers... they just got raped )

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having money to spend is different than spending 241 million on Fielder (which is a terrible deal for the Tigers... they just got raped )

Fielder's contract with the Tigers is for $214 million, not $241 million..... but perhaps $27 million isn't worth quibbling about.

Still a bad contract perhaps, but I gotta feeling Mike Ilitch will be happy if Fielder helps the Tigers get back to the World Series a time or two.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can where this is going mags...And I promise if you want to be a prick...It will not be peaches and cream...It was late and I had a typo... 214 instead of 241.... But thanks for pointing that out...

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You post something factually wrong..... as you so frequently do..... I will post a correction. If that's being a prick, so be it. And thanks for the name-calling.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see you still want to go down this road... I am not going to defer to you...If you push I will push back Mags.

And someone nit picking your every post... That is definitely being a prick. If you do not like my posts, ignore them! I have told you in the past that you need to get over yourself. People want to talk baseball here and about the pirates. They do not want to see you obsessively go over my every post to look for typos.. and then post corrections.

Never say I did not try to go another route with you Mags.

Nonnullus dictata es ferreus disco

I will teach this to you.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have already demonstrated (unfortunately) in your first two days here that you post a lot but say little of value.

I will post corrections whenever you post factually wrong stuff. (So I suggest that you be more careful with your facts.) I will not engage in non-value-adding discourse with you..... you're not worth my time.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gee I do hope that we can see an internet tough-guy fight between you two. That's sure to be productive.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Illinest,

Sorry man... Mags is obsessed with me for some reason...I had enough of it and pushed back on the espn boards... And presto the same thing happened here.. 2 posts in and Mags starts the same crap.

But that is okay I think I have found a new way to deal with Mags

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Mags I have said so much on this board... and it has all been blathering... Nice try... But whatever diatribe it is you are selling I am not buying. How about we play a game instead?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy gents. Lets move on alright?

Thanks.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry Tox,

Mags is obsessed with me... He goes over all my posts looking for anything to quibble about... This has been going on for a long time....

Go Flyers btw! I fucking hate the Penguins

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaaaahhhhhhhh it is like a train wreck. Every time I see a post by strike I have to look, even though I can almost always guess what it is going to say.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crow

If you want to pull on the same rope be my guest

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Etrius I am not sure exactly what you mean by pull on the same rope, my post was referring to the fact that I can read a post title and almost guess what you will say. It isn't a bad thing I was just noting the fact that you seem to not be able to see things from anyone's perspective except your own. I just think that if you sat back and read the posts of others without reading whom they were written by, you could gather some new information and some new perspective.

Mags isn't trying to be a jerk, he just likes correct facts and not assumptions. If he sees something inaccurate, he corrects it, no matter who the poster is. He has corrected me on many numerous occasions. The difference is that I tend to thank him and try harder to get the correct info after that where you seem to take offense to it.

If I remember correctly mags also points out when you get correct facts and lauds you for that. Just stop taking thing so personal and once in a while try ti see things from someone else's perspective.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing things on Twitter related to the Pirates making a play for Edwin Jackson. I didn't know he was still on the market... :noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so as it turns out, Jackson signed with the Nationals 4 days ago, as I had previously thought. It's just now coming out today that the Pirates offered him a one year deal worth some unknown amount of money, as well as a three year deal for something in the vicinity of $10 million per year.

At least they made competitive offers. But it's pretty clear (and always has been) that the Pirates have to do better than simply competitive with their offers to free agents in order to land them. I'm not sure Jackson would have signed with us had we offered him 5 years at $10 million per.