• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who you rooting for Bucs or Chiefs?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Tampa Bay is spending money I don't think they could've sustained 20 years of dominance.

I don't think it's going to be too difficult for the Bucs in FA. They have Brady, warm weather in the winter, and no state income tax. Look what Brady the GM did last year. Gronk, AB, Fournette.

The Fins also were able to add quality FAs last year. A number of the guys played previously for the Pats.

Playing in S. FL isn't that hard of a sales pitch especially if a team is winning.
[/QUOTE]
They have close to $29M in cap space as it stands right now. Which puts them near the top. Problem is they have a lot of big FAs.
They have 7 picks but only three late in the first three rounds.
Not easy to sustain. Are guys like Fournate done now that they have a ring? One more year of dominance players get complacent. Coaches get taken. You're the team everyone wants to beat. 20 years of dominance, I'm not betting we ever see anything like that again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game, the New England Patriots shared a simple, seven-word tweet:

"Congratulations to the greatest of all time."

'nuff said.

Patriots didn't sulk in silence. Patriots didn't bitch and moan. Patriots took the high road.
Yet the haters will still hate

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyrann Mathieu says Tom Brady 'called me something I won't repeat' in SBLV​

Odd isn't it. Mathieu was the one who got called for "Unsportsman Like" but typical of a sore loser, has to try to put himself above everyone on the winning team. Of course, no one else heard it. Mathieu said that he's always been gracious even in defeat.

Nothing like trying to demean someone who whipped you like a dog by inferring that they are racist. And that's exactly what this loser is trying to do.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd isn't it. Mathieu was the one who got called for "Unsportsman Like" but typical of a sore loser, has to try to put himself above everyone on the winning team. Of course, no one else heard it. Mathieu said that he's always been gracious even in defeat.

Nothing like trying to demean someone who whipped you like a dog by inferring that they are racist. And that's exactly what this loser is trying to do.
Brady probably yelled something like "em-effer" and Mathieu assigned it to himself. If it were racial we'd be hearing more about it, but "something I won't repeat" allows a reader to go almost anywhere with the possibility.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady probably yelled something like "em-effer" and Mathieu assigned it to himself. If it were racial we'd be hearing more about it, but "something I won't repeat" allows a reader to go almost anywhere with the possibility.

I don't see Brady making a racist comment.

He needed to apologize though. He ran after Mathieu talking trash and Mathieu got flagged. That doesn't sit well with players.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Brady apologized for it so he must have known it was wrong.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Brady making a racist comment.

He needed to apologize though. He ran after Mathieu talking trash and Mathieu got flagged. That doesn't sit well with players.
No, he ran after Mathieu after Mathieu ran after him. Did you not see Mathieu wagging his finger? Either player yelling is part of the standard emotions of the game. Hand gestures are viewed as taunting.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brady apologized for it so he must have known it was wrong.
"wrong" might be harsh as opposed to "not good sportsmanship". Brady has always been known for periodic lapses in good sportsmanship. I've always viewed it as a biproduct of his competitive nature.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"wrong" might be harsh as opposed to "not good sportsmanship". Brady has always been known for periodic lapses in good sportsmanship. I've always viewed it as a biproduct of his competitive nature.
Well that may be true if he called him a Bitch I would say that is not good sportsmanship due to his competitive nature. If he called him a Ni-gg-er than that is flat ass wrong.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that may be true if he called him a Bitch I would say that is not good sportsmanship due to his competitive nature. If he called him a Ni-gg-er than that is flat ass wrong.
Seriously? If he yelled that I would expect his own teammates chasing him off the field.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? If he yelled that I would expect his own teammates chasing him off the field.
Well point is we don't know, I suspect it was more along the lines of Bitch which is still wrong but I get it, in that situations

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well point is we don't know, I suspect it was more along the lines of Bitch which is still wrong but I get it, in that situations
But you are assuming any comment was directly made at Mathieu when he may have just yelled something out of exuberance that "in the shame of being the loser" was interpreted as a directed statement.,,, but back to your overall point, we don't know.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are assuming any comment was directly made at Mathieu when he may have just yelled something out of exuberance that "in the shame of being the loser" was interpreted as a directed statement.,,, but back to your overall point, we don't know.
I assume really? Please don't take the Stretch Armstrong Approach to a debate. The two were face to face jawing back and forth at one another. Mathieu said TB12 made a comment, TB12 apologized for a comment pretty sure TB 12 was not jawing with open air.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume really? Please don't take the Stretch Armstrong Approach to a debate. The two were face to face jawing back and forth at one another. Mathieu said TB12 made a comment, TB12 apologized for a comment pretty sure TB 12 was not jawing with open air.
Yet you repeat your assumption. Your statement of fact is "we just don't know". It is just a likely he said one thing before the play directly, then a second thing after the play not directly.

Regardless, trash talking is part of the game. What he apologized for is just as vague and just doesn't matter.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Brady said anything that was horrific but let's face it the dude has been known to start shit and then play the victim for a flag. It's actually just another one of his great quarterbacking skills. Tom probably gets more 1st downs via that method than Cam gets running or throwing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt for a minute Brady could use the N Word. Unfortunately for a lot of use our parents tossed around like Brady tossed the ball around in 07. It's nurture more than nature, and in heated moments what was taught to us naturally flows more easily than presenting an educated comment.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt for a minute Brady could use the N Word. Unfortunately for a lot of use our parents tossed around like Brady tossed the ball around in 07. It's nurture more than nature, and in heated moments what was taught to us naturally flows more easily than presenting an educated comment.
I so doubt it was the N word because Brady yelled it and I think others would have reacted too. First, you don't just call a guy that then look at the guy next to him and say "but I don't mean that of you". Second, Brady knows better than sink to that level.. There's gutter level and sewer level and the distinction is too big.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so doubt it was the N word because Brady yelled it and I think others would have reacted too. First, you don't just call a guy that then look at the guy next to him and say "but I don't mean that of you". Second, Brady knows better than sink to that level.. There's gutter level and sewer level and the distinction is too big.
Ohh I am not implying that is what he said, just that I think he is very capable of saying it. Others here pointed out the could not see Brady saying it I feel very confident he could say it.

As I said earlier I think it was more along the lines of Bitch. " Why you acting like a little bitch"? or " I am coming at your bitch ass all day " comments like that happen all the time in that environment.