• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Won the Draft?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles stand out as having a strong draft - getting both Mitchell and DeJean should be really good for them.

I think the Raiders had a good draft - Bowers is a stud and they got Powers-Johnson in the 2nd when I had him projected as a 1st round pick.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta WTF were they thinking? Don't get me wrong I like Pennix. Cousins just signed a huge 2yr deal and Pennix is 24. He'll be 26 before he sees the field barring injury. Waste of a pick for that franchise IMO.
I think you answered your own question, but didn't realize it.

The Atlanta Falcons see greatness in Michael Penix. They looked at the Mahomes and Love model, and realized that Penix would greatly benefit, if he sat behind a veteran for a year or two, and worked on his accuracy issues.

As an NFL franchise, your main job is to get the best players with the highest upside. Back in 2020, I highly praised the Packers for drafting Love. It's about grooming for the next generation and having somebody to safely pass the torch to.

People like Kirk Cousins. He's a likable guy. But people don't really see him in the same territory as Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Prescott, Stroud, and so forth.

Also, it is very likely that Penix will see the field this year.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of Bill Belichick, we'll see.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears won the draft on paper.

Atlanta WTF were they thinking? Don't get me wrong I like Pennix. Cousins just signed a huge 2yr deal and Pennix is 24. He'll be 26 before he sees the field barring injury. Waste of a pick for that franchise IMO.

The same people said the same thing when the Pack drafted Love and saw him sit 3 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Falcons see greatness in Michael Penix.
I had Penix ranked 2nd in this year's crop of QBs when it came to talent. The knocks on him are the injury history and his age, and both in a sense are legit gripes. But talent-wise, I thought he was easily the 2nd best QB, and a realistic argument could be made for being the top dog.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A person they do not even need

Our current punter was LAST in the league in net punting yardage. As in 32nd out of 32 teams. For those who had 50+ punts, he was 3rd to last when it came to leaving the ball inside the 20. To say we didn't need a punter is is silly at best. Now had you stated that we shouldn't have used a 4th round pick on any punter, I might not have responded at all or perhaps even agreed. That is a high pick to use on this position, but at the time it was our last pick (our GM later made a trade to get us a 5th rd pick), and apparently they wanted to nab this guy while they could.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our current punter was LAST in the league in net punting yardage. As in 32nd out of 32 teams. For those who had 50+ punts, he was 3rd to last when it came to leaving the ball inside the 20. To say we didn't need a punter is is silly at best. Now had you stated that we shouldn't have used a 4th round pick on any punter, I might not have responded at all or perhaps even agreed. That is a high pick to use on this position, but at the time it was our last pick (our GM later made a trade to get us a 5th rd pick), and apparently they wanted to nab this guy while they could.
well if it were your last pick. Seems more logical they used a 4th instead of waiting til the draft got deeper knowing no one was was gonna take a punter before the 6th.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC North looks the best divison in football.

Competitive wise anyways.
Might be hard pressed to say it's the best, but it seems only 2 or 3 years back that it was regarded as one of the weakest. So the teams in the Norris have come a long way in a relatively short time. Should be a lot of fun following these teams in the coming seasons.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit! Best city the draft has ever been located! :nod:
No question that the Motor City put on a friggin' top notch show, IMO the best one ever. And even as a dividional rival, it's fun to see the Lions fanbase exploding in support of their team. A lot of pent up frustration over the decades, but this team is legit and its fanbase obviously recognizes it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same people said the same thing when the Pack drafted Love and saw him sit 3 years.
Is it fair to suggest that didn't work out the best for the Packers? You guys went through all of Aaron Rodgers prime and only won 1 SB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expand on the Love pick, Antoine Winfield Jr was picked a few picks later and was pivotal in the Bucs beating the Saints and Chiefs on the way to a Super Bowl win. Maybe they beat the Chiefs regardless but maybe not the Saints. Hard to say. You also have Tee Higgins who is kind of a big deal. I realize that injuries really derailed the Packers a bit but another stud player almost certainly would've put them over the top.

Also, one of the reasons you draft a QB is that the rookie contract is cheap. The Packers missed out on that value. Now they did set their franchise up well but I'd hardly call it a blueprint that other teams should follow.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love came out a year early, he was 21 or 22 years old. He was also pick #26. His knock was he would need a minimum of 1 year to sit and learn due to his decision making (Interceptions) mostly.

Again, I'm not mocking Pennix I like him. I just think that pick for Atl at that time was dumb. I'm certainly not on an island with that statement.

So not sure Love/Pennix comparison is a good one minus he'll be expected to sit behind a proven starter.