• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Will Be The New OC and DC ??

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood. This offense means, Brady's offense. Chip would have to learn it and then run it. There are people who call Brady a system QB but what those people don't get, is that it's now Brady's. He helped build this offense to where it is today. He has a lot of input. No chance BB would bring in Chip and the Pats would change to Chips offense. The thought of that is funny and a nightmare. Brady wants to play until he's BK's age. He wouldn't last 67 minutes running Chips offense. Career over. Charge Chip with the murder of Brady.

Agree, that is why they keep it in house. I mean Dabol knows the system, so run with it. Chip may be able to help if we get to the SB and his knowledge of NFC teams. In the end, I think Josh is right where he needs to be. I can't see him being a successful HC, but he could be one of the best OC to coach the game, and make a good living doing it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is that Chip Kelly was a consultant to the Patriots while he was at the Univ. of NH and Oregon. He helped Josh and Bill O'Brien put this offense in place because the Patriots offense is the one he used at UNH. Basically, the Patriot's offense is Chip Kelly's......Just ask Belichick..

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Josh and Matt are taking HC interviews this weekend. The 49er's are supposed to be high on Josh but I can't see him going there. There are still rumors that, if Houston loses to a depleted Raiders team this weekend, O'Brien could be out. The Texans' job, IMHO, would be ideal for Josh. A system very similar to the Patriots, a basically solid team and two good young quarterbacks to develop. Also noted that Pepper Johnson was released from the Jets. Another DC candidate if Matt leaves?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 49ers are high on Josh list...Man why would he want to go there? That seems like such a mess and you have a moron for an owner. I can't see that working.

Pats players love Dabol, he would be next in line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 49ers are high on Josh list...Man why would he want to go there? That seems like such a mess and you have a moron for an owner. I can't see that working.

Pats players love Dabol, he would be next in line.

Tons of cap space to do whatever you want with and the #2 overall pick to help really add a huge star rookie.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question...Is there any worry that with both Coordinators doing all of these interviews that it could effect the play on the field this upcoming weekend? I ask this because we have seen that be an issue for plenty of teams in the past. I remember the Broncos were huge favorites against the Colts in 2014 but players knowing the coaches are out the door unfortunately let that get to them. They also felt the preparation leading up to the game was subpar because the coaches had their minds elsewhere.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question...Is there any worry that with both Coordinators doing all of these interviews that it could effect the play on the field this upcoming weekend? I ask this because we have seen that be an issue for plenty of teams in the past. I remember the Broncos were huge favorites against the Colts in 2014 but players knowing the coaches are out the door unfortunately let that get to them. They also felt the preparation leading up to the game was subpar because the coaches had their minds elsewhere.

I agree. I have always thought a needy team should not be able to interview another teams staff until after that teams season is done.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. These guys interviewed on a Saturday during a bye week and made sure they were back by Sunday to game plan for the Texans. I can see if this took place during the middle of the week (which is wouldn't have) or were not back at Gillette Sunday. There were here all week during practice. I think the players know they are here and ready to compete for a SB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have always thought a needy team should not be able to interview another teams staff until after that teams season is done.

But see that is the case every year. Teams that get a bye week can have their coaches interview during that week but not the week of the game. And we have seen that effect the play on the field. Coaches knowing they have a job waiting for them already focused on where they are going next. Or say players know the coach is gone and that changing the attitude of the players in the locker room. It happens every year.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see that is the case every year. Teams that get a bye week can have their coaches interview during that week but not the week of the game. And we have seen that effect the play on the field. Coaches knowing they have a job waiting for them already focused on where they are going next. Or say players know the coach is gone and that changing the attitude of the players in the locker room. It happens every year.

I can see this, but these teams they interviewed with are still interviewing and nothing seem immediate. I can see if the team the interviewed with canceled the rest of their interviews and told one of them they had the job. I really don't see either of them leaving, esp if NE makes the Ship...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this, but these teams they interviewed with are still interviewing and nothing seem immediate. I can see if the team the interviewed with canceled the rest of their interviews and told one of them they had the job. I really don't see either of them leaving, esp if NE makes the Ship...

Yeah just have to see. From what I have read 49ers have pretty much told McDaniels that it is his job if he wants it

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just have to see. From what I have read 49ers have pretty much told McDaniels that it is his job if he wants it

Oh really? Didn't know that...Josh has done this before, so I think he can handle it this time around, or at least let's hope so...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Didn't know that...Josh has done this before, so I think he can handle it this time around, or at least let's hope so...

They haven't officially announced it or anything but he is the one they want.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't officially announced it or anything but he is the one they want.
Josh needs to be careful. After his failure in Denver if he goes to SF and drops another clunker he'll never see another HC job. Not sure SF is the team he wants to try to make his name with. Too many issues there currently.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Copy that.

I'm just saying it should not be allowed. If a team owner/GM is really hot for some other teams OC or DC they could wait.
Might slow down the coaching carousel a bit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers really wanted the tandem of Josh and Nick Caserio to be President of Football Operations. Caserio turned down the offer to interview. Josh may well pick up on the fact that Jed York has canned four coaches in four years. None of the last three even had a chance to get things close to set up the way they wanted. Kelly had a 5 year contract and York has enough money to just pay it off. I don't think McDaniels wants to get into that kind of meat grinder.

Patricia on the other hand has never been through this. I heard a rumor yesterday that he was offered the job and has accepted it. Now he, like everyone else is waiting to hear whether or not the team will be the San Diego or Los Angeles Chargers. The announcement is supposed to come Friday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh needs to be careful. After his failure in Denver if he goes to SF and drops another clunker he'll never see another HC job. Not sure SF is the team he wants to try to make his name with. Too many issues there currently.

Here is how I view it. If you are a head coach and really want to go down swinging then San Fran is the place for you. They have the #2 overall pick. They have something like $100 million in cap space. And from what I understand they plan on giving whoever they hire as HC some GM responsibilities.

I can see that appealing to McDaniels. He really liked that he had that kind of power in Denver. Now yes it didn't work out well but I could see him wanting that same type of situation.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I view it. If you are a head coach and really want to go down swinging then San Fran is the place for you. They have the #2 overall pick. They have something like $100 million in cap space. And from what I understand they plan on giving whoever they hire as HC some GM responsibilities.

I can see that appealing to McDaniels. He really liked that he had that kind of power in Denver. Now yes it didn't work out well but I could see him wanting that same type of situation.
I thought I was reading SF wanted a HC and GM who mutually supported each others goals/ideas. That's what made a McDaniels/Caserio deal appealing. Not so much giving the HC more power?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy that.

I'm just saying it should not be allowed. If a team owner/GM is really hot for some other teams OC or DC they could wait.
Might slow down the coaching carousel a bit.

Oh I agree with you on what it should be like. Unfortunately that is not the case and every year we see these Coordinators for some of the top teams go get interviews then struggle when they actually have to play a game.

Like I said there have been countless examples of this happening.
Broncos in 2014 losing both coordinators lost to a team they were expected to destroy
2011 Packers who went 15-1 with rumors that Philbin was moving on and the offense came out flat and lost to the Giants.
Mike McCoy 2013--The Broncos ones just stick out in my head since I remember them so well.
Bruce Arians 2013

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was reading SF wanted a HC and GM who mutually supported each others goals/ideas. That's what made a McDaniels/Caserio deal appealing. Not so much giving the HC more power?

I guess depends what you have read. Yes they do plan on still having a GM even if they hire McDaniels but I think they were planning on the HC having some GM responsibilities and having a lot of say in FA and Draft. Not every team gives the HC much say in those things.