• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is our Next DC?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could care less about high school and college . he is a pro and its a new ballgame up there

There's no doubt that the NFL is for the big boys. Given that, ask yourself how much longer does it take a player, any player, to develop given the fact that he's learning, at the pro level, an entirely new position? I know that you don't care, and that in itself (because it limits your perspective) is a problem too many fans of this game share.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that the NFL is for the big boys. Given that, ask yourself how much longer does it take a player, any player, to develop given the fact that he's learning, at the pro level, an entirely new position? I know that you don't care, and that in itself (because it limits your perspective) is a problem too many fans of this game share.

the point is kerrigan is excelling at OLB and why move him if you dont need too ?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that has my attention RIGHT NOW, is Wade Phillips. I can't see Jay wanting to bring on Rex and all that comes with him. His personality is too big. At the first sign of trouble I could see Dan firing Jay and making Rex interim head coach. I think Jay is smart enough to see that too. If he has any say so in the matter of course. Wade may be a perfect fit with Jay. He is the total opposite. Very quiet, all business.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've come to terms with the organization moving on from Haz next year.

Still believe Haz got alot of production out of a defense that lacks talent.

We're a top 10 defense ?

aCfLZHg.png

7 of the top ten defenses run a 34 or hybrid version.

This is true every year & why I want to see this philosophy continued in DC.

Very misleading stat. Why our defense gave up fewer yds is because most of the time the opponents were way ahead and just ground out the win in the last quarter (or half). What ultimately matters is points given up. We are much worse on that stat. Even when considering the points given up on STs and offense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love for Rex to come here as DC. Unfortunately I believe theres been a lot of talk about him going in to the booth. If he doesn't get a HC job somewhere I really don't think he'll come here to be DC. Hope im wrong though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very misleading stat. Why our defense gave up fewer yds is because most of the time the opponents were way ahead and just ground out the win in the last quarter (or half). What ultimately matters is points given up. We are much worse on that stat. Even when considering the points given up on STs and offense.

Actually the points per game stat is some what misleading as well. The league average of points given up is actually 22.7 points per game. We sit at 26.3 points per game. So you take away the fumbles given up for TD, the kick and punt returns given up for points, and the turn overs in our own backyard that turned into TDs or at minimum field goals and all of a sudden IM tempted to say we are a tad bit closer to, if not under the league average for points given up. Give me til the weekend and I will make a point to pull out the numbers to show actual points given up by the defense vs points handed over by the offense and special teams.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan heading to Michigan. I like to see Wade Phillips come to us but the way things have gone for the Skins and our awesome front office we properly will give Haslett a raise and keep him for 10+ years.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote rex.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record 20% of the points given up by the Redskins are a direct result of points given up by

1. Special teams

2. the offense directly via turnovers that immediately resulted in points ( Pick six, fumble returned for TD)

3. Points given up by the offense that indirectly resulted in points (Turnovers within relatively easy scoring range. IE Inside our own 40 or less where a team only needs to move the ball 10-15 yards to have a reasonable chance to score)

Now I agree Haslett has to go, because if nothing else some one now has to take the ultimate blame for another poor season. But I will also point out that most new DC's end up finishing WORSE than the guy they recently replaced.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don't believe that Haz is going anywhere, because this team and organization has proven over time that any rationale, reasonable or contrived, is their motto. So, what will be the reasoning to keep Hazlett? Injuries!

Last edited by a moderator: