• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speaking of new regimes and rebuilds...

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see any other trades in the off-season? What are your thoughts on the pending rebuild?
Trading players for 6th and 7th rounders is pointless so that eliminates 98 percent of are team .. only player left with value would be Scary Terry And the 2 DT. So no I don't see any player for pick Trades to its just to Earley to think about this .got to wait and see the F.O change first ..they shouldn't be married to Howells either Rebuild Away

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading players for 6th and 7th rounders is pointless so that eliminates 98 percent of are team .. only player left with value would be Scary Terry And the 2 DT. So no I don't see any player for pick Trades to its just to Earley to think about this .got to wait and see the F.O change first ..they shouldn't be married to Howells either Rebuild Away
Respect!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams, Maye, Nix went in the 1st and he dropped because of all the players in the draft
You also had Washington selecting at 18? How did they get there?

Right now they are 11th.

1698888651837.png

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4) Michael Penix Jr., Washington Huskies​

Michael Penix Jr. is a bit of a throwback prospect because he’s not the most dynamic athlete. But he’s been simply undeniable as an ascending first-round prospect this year. He has 2,945 passing yards, 24 touchdowns, and six picks to this point. He’s a Heisman front-runner, and he has his team undefeated and at the top of the Pac-12.

Penix’s health issues are serious. They include two torn ACLs and a shoulder problem. That medical history may scare off some teams later on. But if Penix’s medicals check out for teams, then there aren’t many arguments to keep him away from Round 1 real estate.

Penix has excellent field vision, aggressiveness, and competitive toughness. He’s made every throw asked of him this season, and his ability to be a plug-and-play passer helps him tremendously.

On top of his superb in-structure qualities, Penix also has a wicked arm to match. He’ll easily have the strongest left-handed throwing arm over Tua Tagovailoa once he makes the NFL leap, and his driving velocity is a fusing element for his accuracy and intangibles.

It’s not brash to say Penix could be an NFL starter in a similar mold to Matthew Stafford or Philip Rivers — a surgical pocket operator with the arm strength and elasticity to make the most of any opportunities given by a defense at any level of the field.

Like any other QB prospect, Penix does have his flaws. As evidenced by his two-interception Week 8 showing, he sometimes tries to force ill-advised tight-window throws. But if you want a tools-rich gunslinger in the pocket, Penix more than qualifies.

3) J.J. McCarthy, Michigan Wolverines​

At the start of this season, J.J. McCarthy was seen as a promising player with great potential.

While there have been lapses — most notably against Bowling Green earlier in the year — McCarthy is visibly trending up in 2023, with 1,799 yards, 18 touchdowns, and just three interceptions on a 78.1% completion rate in six games.

McCarthy was volatile earlier in his career, but he’s starting to become more steady and controlled in structure, and his tools are easy to like. He has a loose arm capable of hitting tight windows, and his elite creation ability and rushing value give him an edge over other young QBs.

McCarthy has everything he needs physically to be a plus NFL starter, and his recent four-touchdown outing against Michigan State showed how far he’s come operationally. He’s composed in the pocket, anticipatory as a thrower, and incredibly accurate.

If McCarthy can sustain his current level of play against Penn State and Ohio State in the season’s final stretch, he’ll be the favorite behind Drake Maye and Caleb Williams in this crowded QB3-QB8 group.

2) Caleb Williams, USC Trojans​

Caleb Williams is the reigning Heisman winner after throwing for 4,537 yards, 42 passing touchdowns, five picks, and running for 10 more scores in 2022.

His production is impressive, and looking at the tape, he stands out as a premier QB1 candidate. It’s ultimately a situation where Drake Maye and Williams are QB1A and QB1B in the 2024 NFL Draft cycle. It’s still a coin flip between the two, and there are reasons to pick Williams.

MORE: 2024 NFL Draft Big Board

Williams possesses all the necessary qualities to become a top-tier NFL quarterback early on in his career. His hyper-elite creation capacity and composite arm talent will not only enable him to generate big plays, but they’ll also enable him to withstand adversity and extend plays for himself.

That said, Williams is a flawed pocket operator outside of his generational creation ability. His mechanical discipline is still improving, his decision-making under pressure can be spotty, and his accuracy can also suffer in the short and intermediate ranges.

Against Notre Dame, all of those flaws were on display for Williams. He rebounded a bit against Utah a week later, but his high-variance play style can still grant opportunities to defenses in high-leverage situations.

None of this changes the fact that Williams’ physical skill set is very much worth banking on as a franchise QB option — but he’s not the perfect prospect he’s been billed as at times.

Who Is the Best QB in the NFL Draft?​

1) Drake Maye, North Carolina Tar Heels​

The 2024 NFL Draft QB class is being led by two talented quarterbacks who are neck and neck in terms of skill — Williams from USC and Drake Maye from North Carolina.

While Williams is a fan favorite, Maye doesn’t always get his credence as an equally viable QB1 candidate. He may not have Williams’ hyper-elite improvisational skills, but this 6’4″, 220-pound Tar Heel is a talented athlete with rare arm strength, elasticity, and anticipation ability.

Decision-making was the lone factor keeping Maye from legitimately challenging Williams earlier in the season, but two of his best games have come in recent weeks: A 442-yard, three-touchdown outing against Syracuse and a 273-yard, four-touchdown outing against Miami.

Maye was less consistent in a Week 8 loss against Virginia, but his anticipation, arm talent, and adept seam passing ability showed up again in a 310-yard, two-touchdown outing against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

Maye, for his size, still has exceptional off-platform ability and athleticism, and there’s a strong argument to make that Maye is more disciplined, more decisive, and more accurate than Williams in structure.

As C.J. Stroud has shown early on in his NFL career, it’s the passers with the best balance of physical talent and operational utility that find success. Both Maye and Williams have bright futures, but Maye might best fulfill that definition in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has fallen apart against elite teams. He looked bad against Utah and Oregon ( I think)

He wants to be an NFL owner allegedly and own part of the team that drafts him.
Yep. No to Williams. Not with that attitude. I’ve also heard other dumbass remarks from him

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Okay, you see TMac as a WR1, that's fair but I don't, so we disagree on that point. I think that he's going to get traded if for no other reason other than saving money on a true WR2 who is being paid like a WR1. (Again we disagree)

2. Of course we won't lose everyone, but there will be losses that will surprise some here.

3. I don't think that this is going to be a partial rebuild, the average career of an NFL player is approximately 3.3 years. By year two of this rebuild most of these guys will be either out of the league or [play out their final contracts elsewhere. Few if any will remain here in 2025.

4. If we use the Eagles rebuild as an example there was one long-term holdover on defense and one long-term offensive lineman. Sorry, but I can't remember their names.

1- TMAC’s production is that of a 1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one would think but then again...

LOL
1- TMAC’s production is that of a 1.
My question to you guys is... Have we yet seen TMac's WR1 moment(s)?

I really like Terry as a WR2 but Is it not a fact that in this last game, with the game on the line, he had two opportunities to keep drives alive and dropped both very catchable passes?

Individual numbers are nice for that particular player. Still, to me, WR1s (as is true for every position) are difference makers... go-to guys that ACTUALLY PRODUCE in those moments when you absolutely, positively have to have it!

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Terry as a WR2 but Is it not a fact that in this last game, with the game on the line, he had two opportunities to keep drives alive and dropped both very catchable passes?

Individual numbers are nice for that particular player. Still, to me, WR1s (as is true for every position) are difference makers... go-to guys that ACTUALLY PRODUCE in those moments when you absolutely, positively have to have it!
I think we got a bunch of 2's with Terry being a borderline 1

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's just a number. Drew Pearson had zero #1 skills and all decade team and HOF says he was pretty darn good compared to all others.

Scary Terry has a place on my starting team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last week didn't help tmac show he was a true #1.

Love the guy, but no clue what happened.
Everybody has a bad game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's just a number. Drew Pearson had zero #1 skills and all decade team and HOF says he was pretty darn good compared to all others.

Scary Terry has a place on my starting team.
He has a place on my starting team too!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week didn't help tmac show he was a true #1.

Love the guy, but no clue what happened.
Everybody has a bad game.
Perhaps this debate is one that exposes my high standards which admittedly can be difficult for some Washington fans/followers/supporters to get behind given the long-standing thirst for any team-related players of NFL notoriety/ royalty.

To me, the standard is pretty simple... Like the kicker, In those moments, with the game on the line, when your number is called and there is no doubt that it will be called upon, you have one job, ONE JOB... come through and do that consistently! ( As a supposed WR1 what good are you if you have 2000 yards, a few or no TDs, and can't be relied on when your team most needs you? )

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this debate is one that exposes my high standards which admittedly can be difficult for some Washington fans/followers/supporters to get behind given the long-standing thirst for any team-related players of NFL notoriety/ royalty.

To me, the standard is pretty simple... Like the kicker, In those moments, with the game on the line, when your number is called and there is no doubt that it will be called upon, you have one job, ONE JOB... come through and do that consistently! ( As a supposed WR1 what good are you if you have 2000 yards, a few or no TDs, and can't be relied on when your team most needs you? )
Excellent points. I love TMac but I don't over value him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tmac to the chiefs for their number 1