• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speaking of new regimes and rebuilds...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's upon us and there's already been movement. (Sweat/ Young) it seems to me that there are pressing questions that this board must consider.

1. Are there any untradable players on this roster?

2. Which players (all 53) are likely gone in 2024?

3. List your trade targets and what you believe the return could or will be for that player.

4. Of the 22 starters (offense/defense) how many will be back next year?

We can talk about free agency and actual movements when/if they happen during the off-season. Right now this is a speculative piece.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they didn't trade Brissett, Samuels, Gibson, Fuller they won't be here next season
Is it possible that they like too many on this board think more of the current players than they are actually worth on the open market?

Brissett is a pending free agent (On March 16, 2023, Brissett signed a one-year, $10 million contract with the Washington Commanders)

1698868318825.png
· 19h · on MSN
Report: Vikings looked into Jacoby Brissett, price too high
Before trading for Josh Dobbs the Vikings reportedly looked into Washington’s Jacoby …

Samuels is okay but nothing to write home about probably will fetch a late 6th-round pick or less.

Gibson the experiment that only has relevance in DC. (not tradable)

Fuller, they intend to keep.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that they like too many on this board think more of the current players than they are actually worth on the open market?

Brissett is a pending free agent (On March 16, 2023, Brissett signed a one-year, $10 million contract with the Washington Commanders)
View attachment 344927
· 19h · on MSN
Before trading for Josh Dobbs the Vikings reportedly looked into Washington’s Jacoby …

Samuels is okay but nothing to write home about probably will fetch a late 6th-round pick or less.

Players being overvalued by this fanbase is common practice around here. I am guilty of it myself.

The secondary cant cover anyone and i dont know how much of that is coaching. Example, i really like Forrest, but ask around to fans from other teams and nine outta ten their response would probably be "who?"

A true stud FS opposite Curl next year wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Logan Thomas is a nice player but really.......

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera after practice speaks to the media. All of it is complete BS!!! He is talking about making the playoff's and building for next year. So help me, if this clown is still here next year I can no longer support this team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's upon us and there's already been movement. (Sweat/ Young) it seems to me that there are pressing questions that this board must consider.

1. Are there any untradable players on this roster?

2. Which players (all 53) are likely gone in 2024?

3. List your trade targets and what you believe the return could or will be for that player.

4. Of the 22 starters (offense/defense) how many will be back next year?

We can talk about free agency and actual movements when/if they happen during the off-season. Right now this is a speculative piece.

1- Everybody is tradable but realistically, Payne and TMAC are not going anywhere. Allen is the next tier down all alone.

2- We won’t lose everybody because you have to field a team. I expect Payne, Allen, BSJ, Forbes, Quan, Mathis, and Davis to be here on defense. I would expect SH, BROB, TMAC, JDOT, Paul, Cosmi, Stromberg, and Daniels to remain. There are lesser known guys I expect to be back such as Toohill. I hope we resign Curl but I fear we will not.

3- None and all at the same time. I am all about picking up the phone and trying to get players for low round picks.

4- Offense- SH, BROB, TMAC JDOT, Cosmi, and Paul
defense- Allen, Payne, Toohill, BSJ, Forbes, Quan, Davis, and hopefully Curl.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera after practice speaks to the media. All of it is complete BS!!! He is talking about making the playoff's and building for next year. So help me, if this clown is still here next year I can no longer support this team.
Oh I agree.

Like I said, I don't know what bothers me more: the onfield decisions and mistakes or his pathetic attempt to explain them the next day.

I am guessing many fans will take a hike if Rivera is still on the sidelines next year.

Good news is that I expect that to be at 5%.
The rivera mid-season rum is coming at some point. The world could turn upside down a I can see us making the playoffs at 7-10 actually.

That being said, yesterday showed that change is indeed coming.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 344927
· 19h · on MSN

This fanbase absolutely overvalued its players. I have said that for years.

Young was never getting traded for a 1st.

I think most fanbases overvalue their players. Young is the one that comes to mind and then howell is probably next. I like howell but some message boards are annointing him as the franchise qb. He very well could be but I don't know.

I liked Reed doughty alot but I don't think I overvalued him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Everybody is tradable but realistically, Payne and TMAC are not going anywhere. Allen is the next tier down all alone.

2- We won’t lose everybody because you have to field a team. I expect Payne, Allen, BSJ, Forbes, Quan, Mathis, and Davis to be here on defense. I would expect SH, BROB, TMAC, JDOT, Paul, Cosmi, Stromberg, and Daniels to remain. There are lesser known guys I expect to be back such as Toohill. I hope we resign Curl but I fear we will not.

3- None and all at the same time. I am all about picking up the phone and trying to get players for low round picks.

4- Offense- SH, BROB, TMAC JDOT, Cosmi, and Paul
defense- Allen, Payne, Toohill, BSJ, Forbes, Quan, Davis, and hopefully Curl.
1. Okay, you see TMac as a WR1, that's fair but I don't, so we disagree on that point. I think that he's going to get traded if for no other reason other than saving money on a true WR2 who is being paid like a WR1. (Again we disagree)

2. Of course we won't lose everyone, but there will be losses that will surprise some here.

3. I don't think that this is going to be a partial rebuild, the average career of an NFL player is approximately 3.3 years. By year two of this rebuild most of these guys will be either out of the league or [play out their final contracts elsewhere. Few if any will remain here in 2025.

4. If we use the Eagles rebuild as an example there was one long-term holdover on defense and one long-term offensive lineman. Sorry, but I can't remember their names.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trades we suck with chase and sweat might as well trade them a got something ..

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't bring back nobody that will free up space

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trades we suck with chase and sweat might as well trade them a got something ..
Do you see any other trades in the off-season? What are your thoughts on the pending rebuild?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennix isn't lasting till 37. He might win the Heisman. He might be better than williams.
I agree, although "better than Williams" is really saying something!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, although "better than Williams" is really saying something!
Williams has fallen apart against elite teams. He looked bad against Utah and Oregon ( I think)

He wants to be an NFL owner allegedly and own part of the team that drafts him.