• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who "don't" you want at 14?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What player or player(s) who are considered top 20 type prospects would you rather we "not" end up taking at 14?

Mine are:
** Charles Harris DE
Good first step and a really nice spin move, but if you are going to be sub par against the run (as Harris is) then I want an explosive type player. Harris is just an "ok" athlete with mediocre hand fighting who needs to get to the QB on his initial burst. If we trade down into the 20's "then" get him, I would feel a bit better about drafting him.

*** Marlon Humphrey DB
While I love Humphrey's physical play and tackling ability, he loses track of the ball too often. He is much better when the play is in front of him making me think he would make a better Safety at the next level than a Corner. If you take a Corner in the top 15 I think he needs to have good ball skills and Humphrey is a player who plays the receiver, but not the ball.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Taco Charlton (concerned about his one-year wonder record)
LB Reuben Foster (seems like a baller but the drug test and combine incident suggest an idiot)
TE OJ Howard (nothing against the player but TE is not a need)
OT Garrett Bolles (sounds like a Danny Watkins Part II, old player who was man among boys)

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Humphrey
- Tre'Davious White
- Harris
- Taco Charlton
- Malik McDowell

Also, no trade ups to draft a RB. Any of them. That would really piss me off.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Harris, Humphrey, Tabor or White

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humphrey
Taco Charlton
Ross
Charles Harris

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quincy Wilson
Barnett
Lamp
Charlton
Bolles
Humphrey

Not really worried about any OL, as we're set right now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Taco Charlton (concerned about his one-year wonder record)
LB Reuben Foster (seems like a baller but the drug test and combine incident suggest an idiot)
TE OJ Howard (nothing against the player but TE is not a need)
OT Garrett Bolles (sounds like a Danny Watkins Part II, old player who was man among boys)

Even though I like Bolles, I wouldn't take a 25 year old rookie at 14. You want to already have 2 or 3 years out of a player before they hit their 25th birthday.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What player or player(s) who are considered top 20 type prospects would you rather we "not" end up taking at 14?

Mine are:
** Charles Harris DE
Good first step and a really nice spin move, but if you are going to be sub par against the run (as Harris is) then I want an explosive type player. Harris is just an "ok" athlete with mediocre hand fighting who needs to get to the QB on his initial burst. If we trade down into the 20's "then" get him, I would feel a bit better about drafting him.

*** Marlon Humphrey DB
While I love Humphrey's physical play and tackling ability, he loses track of the ball too often. He is much better when the play is in front of him making me think he would make a better Safety at the next level than a Corner. If you take a Corner in the top 15 I think he needs to have good ball skills and Humphrey is a player who plays the receiver, but not the ball.

These two. Corners that don't find the ball are incredibly frustrating to watch. I don't want a lighter defensive end unless he's got multiple pass rushing moves and knows how to use them (like Tim Williams).

And I'll add Howard. Don't care that he was Nick Saban's favorite player, and if he was, you gotta wonder why they didn't use him more.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice if someone had said they think the pick should be given back to the Vikings.

ahi.gif

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... who would you guys take there if you had the pick back?

Well my can't miss player is Jamal Adams but he'll be long gone so I would probably go with Ryan Ramczyk at 14 if still there.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles need an immediate contributor rather than a project. I think that comes at DE, CB or RB, so I would rule out the LBs and WRs in their range. Not so much that these won't be great players, but they don't fill an immediate need.

Clemson WR Mike Williams 5-30
Temple LB Haason Reddick 9-16
Alabama LB Reuben Foster 9-32

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that leaves me with the guys I think they would take....

Alabama DE Jonathan Allen 4-17
Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey 7-14
Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey 11-28
Missouri DE Charles Harris 11-28

Based on the Mocks, probably less than 50-50 that Allen or McCaffery are there, leaving them Humphrey or Harris. Humphrey gets the nod as the bigger need, but the CB depth is evidently deeper. So you go in this order..

1. Allen (if there, unlikely)
2. McCaffery (if there, 50-50)
3. Harris (Because you can get the Corner later)
4. Humphrey (The pick of last resort, which is not a reach and fills a huge need).

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No McCaffery (you don't take rotational players at 14), No John Ross his injury history scares me. No Charles Harris reminds me of Marcus Smith, this one won't be popular but no Ruben Foster, we have a damn good MLB in Jordan Hicks and I don't see either player as a strong side backer.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No McCaffery (you don't take rotational players at 14),

Clearly teams are not viewing McCaffery as rotational and I don't see why they would. He is physically and athletically really more a Shady McCoy clone more than a Sproles. And with over 800 touches and 6000 all purpose yards over the last two years, he has clearly shown he can handle a big workload.

Last edited:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly teams are not viewing McCaffery as rotational and I don't see why they would. He is physically and athletically really more a Shady McCoy clone more than a Sproles. And with over 800 touches and 6000 all purpose yards over the last two years, he has clearly shown he can handle a big workload.

Playing at Stanford and playing in the NFL are a completely different story. Its not that I don't like McCaffery I just don't think he is worth the 14th pick. Doug rotates his backs, its not like he is going to be a 25 touch a game guy. At 14 you have to get a starter and starter who plays every down.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want...

1. McCaffery - reason is I don't want to pick him, and still not have a every down back.
2 Barnett - his slow get off scares the shit out of out of me... name me a great de that was slow off off the snap?
3. White - human penalty flag

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of Howard (Iggloo) who is a pseudo-WR who would make 2-TE sets ridiculous, I agree with everything before Premium's post. I would add Barnett--I get the hype, but I don't see the that kind of production in the NFL. Also, any offensive lineman.

I would strongly consider Reddick and it would depend who else is there. I agree with the pro-McCaffrey folks and would do the proverbial "run up to the podium" if he is there at #14. Is he a Zeke- or Fournette-like 25-30 carries a game back? No, but not many in the NFL truly are. Twenty-25 touches (including thrown-to) is not really rotational...15-20 carries and 5-10 thrown-to.

What do you guys think of Kevin King? He is my "somewhat of a surprise" prediction at #14.