• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who does FM need to fight?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo beat Lara and Trout but couldn't stand a chance against Mayweather. Mayweather is on another level when it comes to outside fighters, I'm not sure Cotto would be able to track him down, same goes to GGG. Pacquiao has the handspeed to score on Mayweather, if Maidana can land with his weird, weak punches then I find it feasible to see Pacquiao score with a much more effective punch. I think we can all agree that Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two best fighters of our era, yet they haven't fought. It's an anomaly for the two best of an era not to fight.

Not sure GGG could handle the speed of Mayweather. I doubt Mayweather takes either fight with Cotto or GGG though.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be better don't mean he can fight with Floyd. So if Floyd won't take this fight he's ducking him? Floyd has no reason to fight a guy he out classes. Cotto had his shot and missed out. I'm not against these to fighting again but it wouldn't bother me in the least bit if they didn't. Again Roach needs Floyd on a ticket not the other way around so of coarse he's going to play the he's ducking my fighters card. It's like you referenced earlier lets see him fight some of these young up and coming fighters. It's clear that he aint donig business with him so it's no longer a point of contention for me. Bring on the young guns. Floyd is the pound for pound king and the world is his oyster. If he's ever to do business with Roach again. He's going to win on every front so Roaches choice is to give in or checkout it aint happening.

I am not saying he is ducking Cotto. Not even Sure if Cotto has even asked for a fight to be ducked.
I am saying when the reason is the ones you say he would use. Then yes. He would be ducking.
He did fight Canelo, & give him a lot of props for that, but as you notice he doesn't fight young fighters that might be dangerous normally. He will fight retreads like Khan. :(

He wont risk is O. (IMO)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo beat Lara and Trout but couldn't stand a chance against Mayweather. Mayweather is on another level when it comes to outside fighters, I'm not sure Cotto would be able to track him down, same goes to GGG. Pacquiao has the handspeed to score on Mayweather, if Maidana can land with his weird, weak punches then I find it feasible to see Pacquiao score with a much more effective punch. I think we can all agree that Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two best fighters of our era, yet they haven't fought. It's an anomaly for the two best of an era not to fight.

Not sure GGG could handle the speed of Mayweather. I doubt Mayweather takes either fight with Cotto or GGG though.

NO way he gets in the ring with GGG & nor should he.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched GGG fight the other night. That kid had power and can take a punch. In fact that fight I watched he took a right hook to the face as he landed his own right hook which was the knock out punch.

Needless to say I'm a fan now and will looking forward to his next match.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying he is ducking Cotto. Not even Sure if Cotto has even asked for a fight to be ducked.
I am saying when the reason is the ones you say he would use. Then yes. He would be ducking.
He did fight Canelo, & give him a lot of props for that, but as you notice he doesn't fight young fighters that might be dangerous normally. He will fight retreads like Khan. :(

He wont risk is O. (IMO)

it's hard to deny this only because he won't fight Pac. I think thats the only failed fight that gives this argument legs.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By a show of hands who want's to see Floyd lose just because you hate him and your jaded against him? Come on fellas I don't see Cotto beating him we can debate Floyd and Pac all day and we likely can both likely create plausible scenarios that can justify why our guy won't win. Floyd fought in front of Cotto. Cotto didn't have the Hand speed or power to finish Floyd. Floyd isn't going to lose to a one dimensional fighter that's why Canelo didn't have a chance. GGG offers more and would likely create a lot of problems for Floyd, because of the weight difference I think it's not likely for the dudes to fight. GGG is a lot bigger dude and the fight would heavily favor him and is an unrealistic match up because of his size.

Let me be clear. I hate Mayweather with every fiber of my being. However, he is the most accurate puncher I have ever seen. This paired with his speed and his unorthodox but extremely effective defense.

It would be easier to get around a moving aircraft carrier in a row boat, then it would be to get around the facts that leads to the conclusion he is one of the best boxers in history.

I have watched and loved Manny for years, and I never thought Manny could beat Floyd. And I see Manny now and I think he has less a chance of beating Floyd and the same goes for just about all the boxers out there.

But this is boxing. Cotto, Pac Man, Maidana all have a shot of getting in the 1 punch that changes everything. And that is the only chance they have because nobody is going to win a decision against Floyd.

Golovkin could go down in weight. It just comes down to Floyd wanting to take the fight.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be clear. I hate Mayweather with every fiber of my being. However, he is the most accurate puncher I have ever seen. This paired with his speed and his unorthodox but extremely effective defense.

It would be easier to get around a moving aircraft carrier in a row boat, then it would be to get around the facts that leads to the conclusion he is one of the best boxers in history.

I have watched and loved Manny for years, and I never thought Manny could beat Floyd. And I see Manny now and I think he has less a chance of beating Floyd and the same goes for just about all the boxers out there.

But this is boxing. Cotto, Pac Man, Maidana all have a shot of getting in the 1 punch that changes everything. And that is the only chance they have because nobody is going to win a decision against Floyd.

Golovkin could go down in weight. It just comes down to Floyd wanting to take the fight.

Floyd does have the advantage of a bigger ring and bigger gloves in today's boxing, but I still can't think of anyone who used the Philly Shell quite as effectively as Floyd. I still have guys like Sugar Ray Robinson leagues ahead of Floyd though.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with this.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FM is navigating his legacy like a pro. The list of fights we don't want to see is long and some are painfully obvious:

Did anyone want to see him fight Mosley? Sure, maybe 10 years ago. But the old and washed up version? No. Didn't stop him.

Victor Ortiz? Nobody cared.

Maidana again? I can't imagine anyone wants to see this. FM is a technical boxer that would have a massive advantage against a non-technical one the second time around. If Maidana couldn't beat him the first time, he has no chance the second.

I'd like to see him fight Pacman (and not the old and washed up one...which he will be soon enough, which will be the only time FM considers the fight) and Golovkin. Keith Thurman might be interesting, but he's pretty untested despite his record.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FM is navigating his legacy like a pro. The list of fights we don't want to see is long and some are painfully obvious:

Did anyone want to see him fight Mosley? Sure, maybe 10 years ago. But the old and washed up version? No. Didn't stop him.

Maidana again? I can't imagine anyone wants to see this. FM is a technical boxer that would have a massive advantage against a non-technical one the second time around. If Maidana couldn't beat him the first time, he has no chance the second.

I'd like to see him fight Pacman (and not the old and washed up one...which he will be soon enough, which will be the only time FM considers the fight) and Golovkin. Keith Thurman might be interesting, but he's pretty untested despite his record.

He beat an old De La Hoya though? lol. He will go down as the greatest sucker puncher in history but in a fight against the all-time greats it's hard for me to think Floyd wouldn't get knocked out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought, forget Floyd, those fights would be boring anyway. We should be pushing Canelo vs GGG, Cotto or Pacquiao.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have it backwards. Nobody on this planet has any chance of winning a technical fight against Floyd. And getting a decision is impossible since he is the champ. So where does that leave you?

You need a puncher. You have to knock him down anyway to have any chance of winning the fight.
Do you realize that many people believe that Maidana was Floyds toughest fight?

Trust me, if Floyd was ever going to go down to the canvass, it would be against a guy like Maidana.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought, forget Floyd, those fights would be boring anyway. We should be pushing Canelo vs GGG, Cotto or Pacquiao.

Cotto & pacquiao wont fight they are both trained by Freddie Roach.

Now the trio of Cotto, Canelo & GGG have been floating around (in all combinations) for a possibility as potential fights.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Porter v Kell Brook tonight. I think both are undefeated. Either of these guys legit so far as a FM opponent?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Porter v Kell Brook tonight. I think both are undefeated. Either of these guys legit so far as a FM opponent?

It's official neither of these guys could get in the ring with Floyd and expect to win.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official neither of these guys could get in the ring with Floyd and expect to win.

looks like Thurman now would be the only name to draw attention. Without Mayweather going up in weight.