• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR dominos yet to fall

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one position that has had some big movers this offseason in free agency, still has a little pop left.

Free agent WR's left (who might actually be expected to matter in fantasy)

Julio Jones - still has juice left, despite recent memory bias, as he was in a crap offense for #2 WR's and was the #2
Jarvis Landry -
AJ Green - laugh if you like, but he quietly had over 800 yards in ARZ despite being an after thought behind Hopkins and Kirk and a hobbled QB
Will Fuller
Manny Sanders
Sammy Watkins
MVS
OBJ (likely to stick in LAR, also not likely to play much in 2022 regardless)

There are many other names who are rock solid veteran players, Beasley, DJAX, Amendola..etc, but not very likely to be fantasy relevant unless they end up as the #1 or 32 in GB.

Teams with REAL need at WR-
GB- literally no one worthy of mention under contract, lets be real, Lazard, like so many before him, is only relevant because Rodgers leads the offense %75 of the avialable free agents are better talents..and no team has a better QB to use potential FA's..virtually anyone who signs there becomes a WR1/2 at minimum
ATL- again, literally no one under contract. T. Sharpe and a dude with not one, but two, names that no one can pronounce atop the chart
ARZ-after having an excess the past 2-3 years, they now find themselves with Hopkins and nothing
NOS- Michael Thomas returns, but behind him? yuck
PHILLY- they scored a big hit last year with Smith, but the Reagor miss is glaring. Reagor is better served as a #3
S.F. - After Deebo, its just a collection of nothing..and they use him as a RB half the time
WASH- after McLaurin, it's really baren
Ravens- meh..for what they use a #2 for, Hollywood/Bateman is likely adequate, too bad they need a #1
Houston- Brandin Cooks and vomit. If they don't upgrade form Mills, it won't matter, but if they go with a rook this year, wouldn't you want at least one decent option other than Cooks?
Colts- PIttman is great, he'd be more highly regarded if he hadn't dealt with a spent Rivers and a near worthless Wentz in his two years. I'm not sure Ryan is better at this stage, but regardless, they need another option for him
KC - WR2 a barren wasteland since Watkins week one in 2018, craziness for an Andy Reid team, who has always had at least two strong wideouts throughout his Eagles days.
NE - Squishy Mac might win a game throwing only 4 times every once in a while, but not a great plan to go in with. the depth chart is filled with #3's, they need a 1 and a 2

Teams with a need for a #3 WR-
Chicago- Mooney and Goodwin can handle 1 &2, but Pringle?? I dunno
Dallas- Gallup and Lamb and ???
Minnesota- this one is tough Osborne and Smith-Marsette could likely handle it behind Theilen and Jefferson, but an upgrade couldn't hurt either
Detroit- Chark and St Brown ain't bad, but Reynolds? maybe?
NYG-Golladay and Tooney =good Slayton and Ross= bad (doens't help that D. Jones= bad as well, but that's where they are)
LAC- Allen and Williams are pretty good, NEED a #3 is a strong way to put it, but it'd be nice
MIA- Waddle and Parker..one more and there's no more excuses for Tua..or the OC

I would say Seattle, but i don't expect them to be running 3 wide very often at all
Not mentioning the Jets, I think they are ok with Davis, Moore, Cole and Mims
Pitt needs a #3, but they also need a QB, so not a big need
Titans need a #2 but really they don't

Cleveland, depending on your feelings about Peoples-Jones and Schwartz, could fall into either list, or neither. Personally, I'm neither. They run too much ot need a #3 and Between Cooper, those two and Watson's game, what they have should do.

My predictions-
Obviously the teams to watch with the names remaining are, in order, GB, NE, and ATL-

GB- they SHOULD sign Julio AND AJ Green. IF they truly want to turn their Rodgers drama and massive $$ commitment into a final SB run or two, give the damn guy real weapons. Both could be had relatively cheaply, both can still get the job done, when healthy. Jarvis Landry, Fuller and Manny Sanders all make sense here as well.
GB- most likely will re-sign MVS and MAYBE grab Landry or Sanders
NE- if either Julio or AJ Green doesn't end up in GB, I expect one of them to land here-most likely Julio, although AJ green certainly fits the BB mold of 'thought to be washed up vet finding a fountain of youth in NE'
ATL- Marriota isn't a big armed throwing, I'm guessing Landry, Sanders types fit his game more than the others, although their ages don't match the current ATL philosophy. IF Atlanta signs a WR, I'm guessing it'd be Fuller. But I highly doubt they sing any relevant names..watch for them to invest draft capital ,likely 2 early picks

Julio- I want him in GB, he would fit in NE, could chase a ring in KC, Colts and a reunion with Matty Ice makes sense as well.
AJ Green- pretty much the exact same as Julio, except I don't see him in Indy. Could see him in Philly or NO, or a #3 in LAC
Landry- really he fits into virtually any team that needs a reliable #2 or #3. Ideally, I'd like to see him in KC or LAC, h'ed be a nice get in NE too..IF they get a #1 better than him so that he's not the defenses #1 priority.
Fuller- honestly, the team that makes the most sense is Cleveland, reuniting with Watson. But he'd be amazing with Rodgers as well. He needs a big armed QB to take advantage of his biggest strength though, so Winston in NO also makes sense, virtually anywhere else would be a waste
Sanders- see above with Jarvis Landry-also, another guy that really fits the BB mold. Long rumored to have attitude problems that rise up on occasion, BB seems to love taking credit to 'fixing' that
Watkins- ?? I really don't know about this dude..unlimited potential, that never truly was tapped into. Still under 30, still theoretically in his prime, but will it ever amount ot anything. I'd like to see him with Rodgers. My guess is Arizona..for no reason other than that's where the dart landed
MVS- anything other than GB would be a huge surprise to me. Other options though..well much like Fuller, he needs a big armed QB to take advantage of his biggest assets. NO fits, as do a few others, but does it matter? he's going to GB

Could go all day with about 30 other names, but I can't see them making a big enough difference wherever they go.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on cue, a team who doesnt need a WR, signs one that might be actually decent on a team who does need one. That's my Raiders for ya. Sorry D. Robinson.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's awesome that in Atlanta, Mariota will be throwing to Olamide Zaccheaus and Tajae Sharpe (currently).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm naive but investing in wide receivers is idiotic. There's a handful of game changers worthy of big money, then after that they're a dime a dozen. You're way better off drafting a guy and calling it a day. Use that cap space for more vital positions.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm naive but investing in wide receivers is idiotic. There's a handful of game changers worthy of big money, then after that they're a dime a dozen. You're way better off drafting a guy and calling it a day. Use that cap space for more vital positions.
One million percent agree...I'd much rather pay a RB, or a TE, or a guard.

Everytime time I see a random WR break the bank, that scene from Moneyball where 'Peter Brandt' is talking to Billy Bean in the parking garage about a "misunderstanding of where runs come from" flashes in my head. This year it was Christian Kirk..among others

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t call Aiyuk a “nothing”…

Hard to disagree with anything else.

Buffalo is in good shape. I was surprised with the Crowder signing. MacKenzie is a good enough #3 for me, but I’ll take it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One million percent agree...I'd much rather pay a RB, or a TE, or a guard.

Everytime time I see a random WR break the bank, that scene from Moneyball where 'Peter Brandt' is talking to Billy Bean in the parking garage about a "misunderstanding of where runs come from" flashes in my head. This year it was Christian Kirk..among others
Don't necessarily agree on this.
Here in the Windy City, we've had our issues with QB. That's a given. But many of the talking heads will argue that teams like the Bears are not SURROUNDING the QB with good, elite, or tier 1 weapons around him - including WR.
Some on this board (I'm looking at you @TREFF buddy), perhaps have eluded to this in their comments over the years that quality players contribute to a quality offense. It is rare that a bunch of nobodys or plug-ins are the hallmark of an offense.

FWIW, I am not saying that Kirk is worth his money. He is not. But is Devante Adams? Aside from the argument that they are ALL overpaid, maybe?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hill wants to be the highest-paid WR in history.
Right now, that's Davante Adams.

For selfish reasons, if Hill gets dealt to Miami, I hope they trade Waddle to KC.
Otherwise I have 2 WR on Miami in one of my dynasty leagues.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise, I hope it works for us both - - me in full rebuild mode and you going for the 2022 gold

Sounds like Hill wants to be the highest-paid WR in history.
Right now, that's Davante Adams.

For selfish reasons, if Hill gets dealt to Miami, I hope they trade Waddle to KC.
Otherwise I have 2 WR on Miami in one of my dynasty leagues.
Cheese N Rice, didn't see that coming at all!! Guess I didn't blow it, they do need a WR...but you genetically merge Julio and AJ Green, they aren't replacing Reek...holy hell

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes to Tua is a big drop off
I'm in the same boat you are, bro.
I have Waddle and Hill in dynasty.
Both just took a tier level hit.
My Lockett shares aren't looking too stable either in that dynasty.

Still coming to grips that in 1 off-season, my title-game dynasty roster is a sudden question mark.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat you are, bro.
I have Waddle and Hill in dynasty.
Both just took a tier level hit.
My Lockett shares aren't looking too stable either in that dynasty.

Still coming to grips that in 1 off-season, my title-game dynasty roster is a sudden question mark.
I still like Waddle right where he is Joe. Obviously I could be wrong, but I think his quantity barely moves and his quality goes way up

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprises galore in the good ole NFL. ..... didn't see the Treek thing coming to MIA - I may have to change my opinion on Tua, (nope) it's more a case of the weapons making the QB better than other way around. .... gonna be interesting to see what KC does at this point.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprises galore in the good ole NFL. ..... didn't see the Treek thing coming to MIA - I may have to change my opinion on Tua, (nope) it's more a case of the weapons making the QB better than other way around. .... gonna be interesting to see what KC does at this point.
And when the weapons elevate the QB, there's only so much they can do..he's the one throwing the ball, calling the shots, making the reads.

I still have faith that Tua is a franchise QB, just not one of the elite ones. I can't imagine he can maintain Hill's value, but I think he's good enough to not entirely kill it.

And again, Miami needs a run game to open up that passing game, especially the deep game. If only someone would think of that..but naw..I'm sure Chase Edmonds will keep LB's and Safeties honest..no problem

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well being a hockey guy 1st. Hi @TREFF. My NFL opinion needs be taken as is. however i do believe if Tua clicks with Waddle Hill Gesicki then if Edmonds can stay on the field he could be an Ekelar light

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well being a hockey guy 1st. Hi @TREFF. My NFL opinion needs be taken as is. however i do believe if Tua clicks with Waddle Hill Gesicki then if Edmonds can stay on the field he could be an Ekelar light
mehhh..I can see the logic and track the path you took to get there..however..if Kyler Murray, D Hopkins, Kirk, and Green couldn't create Ekeler-esque production from Edmonds, I seriously have my doubts that Tua, Waddle, Hill will.

I imagine he's gonna be exactly what he has. An adequate satelite back who can flash nice production from time to time, but is not a RB built for spearheading a rushing attack

Ekeler is a rare unicorn, there's zero reason based on any measurable slice of reality that says he should be able to do what he does, consistently. And I think he could do that without a great supporting cast. The friggin Leprechaun.