• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you want the warriors to pick up as backup PG?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty interested in Andre miller

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty interested in Andre miller

Yes. That dude has always been a pain in the ass. He'd fit in with the Dubs. He's not as slow as he looks.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more important question is who would the other teams take? We don't have any draft picks to trade. Any acquisition will send the Warriors into the tax. We do have our trade exceptions but I highly doubt any teams will want guys like Speights, Douglas or Bazemore in return.

I'm just gonna throw it out there: Baron Davis.

He's rumored to be working out in hopes of a come back and wants to be added as a veteran PG for a contender. It's weird to say Warrior fans, but we've become one of those teams on players short lists.

If he can be 50% of what he used to be, that would be a huge boost to our team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more important question is who would the other teams take? We don't have any draft picks to trade. Any acquisition will send the Warriors into the tax. We do have our trade exceptions but I highly doubt any teams will want guys like Speights, Douglas or Bazemore in return.

He's rumored to be working out in hopes of a come back and wants to be added as a veteran PG for a contender. It's weird to say Warrior fans, but we've become one of those teams on players short lists.

Bazemore actually has potential I think someone would take him

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's not a PG but Aaron afflao would be HUGE

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore actually has potential I think someone would take him

At some point (in theory) Bazemore is going to mature. But the guy is such a kid, on and off the court. Eratic as shit. I just don't trust him out there, whether he is playing with starters or not.

One more veteran backcourt player off the bench would be huge. Might be a while before some possibilities emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall underrating Douglas, I didn't know much about the guy prior to this year, but he plays solid defense, and manages the game until Steph/AI gets back in there.

The fact that he's playing with a 2nd unit that can't hit shots to save their lives, isn't helping.

In terms of Current Back up points I wouldn't mind having, contracts notwithstanding,

1) Jarrett....wait a second
2) Collison down in Flop City
3) Jeremy Lin
4) Gary Neal
5) Robinson up in Sactown
6) Calderon down in DAL

Gun to my head, I would stand pat, but if foreced to make a move, and the Dubs are serious about making a move for a back up point, after 12/15/13, they could trade
D.Lee to Lakers for Nash/Kaman.

We could sweeten the deal and give them Baze or Nedo if needed, but I think that's more than affair deal for LAL especially since they are rebuilding. Think it over.

Dubs get a Big and a Point to

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not underrating Douglas he's really good defender who bothers other great PGs I just wanted to see people's thoughts

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall underrating Douglas, I didn't know much about the guy prior to this year, but he plays solid defense, and manages the game until Steph/AI gets back in there.

The fact that he's playing with a 2nd unit that can't hit shots to save their lives, isn't helping.

In terms of Current Back up points I wouldn't mind having, contracts notwithstanding,

1) Jarrett....wait a second
2) Collison down in Flop City
3) Jeremy Lin
4) Gary Neal
5) Robinson up in Sactown
6) Calderon down in DAL

Gun to my head, I would stand pat, but if foreced to make a move, and the Dubs are serious about making a move for a back up point, after 12/15/13, they could trade
D.Lee to Lakers for Nash/Kaman.

We could sweeten the deal and give them Baze or Nedo if needed, but I think that's more than affair deal for LAL especially since they are rebuilding. Think it over.

Dubs get a Big and a Point to

There is absolutely no way I would trade Lee for Nash and Kaman. Just...no. Nash is done. He's not even serviceable at this point anymore. Kaman I've always liked, but unless you're just looking to dump salary, this would be a terrible move.

I don't believe the Warriors have to make a move, but if they do, I would rather them scour the free agent market for a veteran PG than try to make a hasty trade for one.

Douglas has been as advertised so far. Great defense so far and he's shown he's able to knock down that 3 point shot. However, as a PG, there's two things that worry me: Ball handling and play making. He's not a facilitator, though Iguodala mainly plays that role. What I'm concerned about is that down the stretch, and especially in the playoffs, we're going to need someone who has the ability to get us a bucket or create a shot for someone. We also will need one more veteran in the locker room to keep us composed as a team.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's not a point guard per se. But the guy I think the Warriors should be looking at picking up is Shannon Brown...... I'd be happy to let Bazemore go to somebody for one of those "top-55 protected 2nd round picks" to even keep a roster spot open.

Douglas is okay, not stellar, as a back-up PG, but right now nobody around him can make anything, and nobody can create a shot for themselves. Unless a couple of starters are in, the offense is just devolving to O'Neal trying to play 1-on-1 against his guy, or Speights popping for 22-footers. Neither are good options. With the exception of Speights, all of our other main bench guys playing so far (Douglas, Green, O'Neal) are primarily defensive players, so the better question might be "what offensive player, at any position, can we get to help balance our bench skills?"

Brown is available, and he's a skilled player who can create shots (though moreso for himself than others). The last 2 years he's averaged 10-11 points a game coming off the bench. Add him and Barnes to the mix, and suddenly the other 3 guys on the court (like Douglas, with some combination of Green, Speights, and O'Neal) don't have to try to carry the offensive load, which isn't their strong suit.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the GSW have very good chemistry this year, not much ego on any player. Baron will be a cancer if he's not getting his minutes and points IMO.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the GSW have very good chemistry this year, not much ego on any player. Baron will be a cancer if he's not getting his minutes and points IMO.

Could be, but as a low risk, high reward situation, I'd give it a shot. Best case scenario is he brings an edge to the second unit, some play making and some scoring. Worst case is he gets cut.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one. At least, not yet.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, Douglas says the back up point isn't the issue.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian Telfair will be available after the Chinese season is over.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, Toney Douglas last game 11/9/13 , supposed to be out atleast two weeks?

He wasn't doing anything consistently well when he was on the court, but I'd take him over Baze running the point.

Any news out there? He needs to be back asap.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Charles Jenkins at now? Last I heard he was in PHI, but it seems as if he hasn't played a game for them, he injured? or Down in the D League?