• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do We Take In The Draft

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do we take in the draft OL, DL or Safety?! While we do need a better Oline that can block, I miss having that Sean Taylor type of Safety..but then again we need to fix and upgrade the Dline Stephen Bowen is 31 so is Barry Coefield and Jason Hatcher is old as wel; so the case can be made with all three positions.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA at anyone of those positions. BTW, there isn't a sean taylor type in this draft (or most any draft for that matter).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA at a positions of need

my list of needs in order

OG most likely 2 OGS
safety either free or strong
d/line , at least 2
NT at least one
olb need a strong 3rd one
RT if a top guy is there pick him scherf or peat i would like to see more of morgan moses
cb need at least one insurance and a 3rd cb
qb if KC , mccoy and Rg3 arent the answer pick a mid rounder that fits our scheme . personally i dont think our guy is in this draft
TE reed has health issues paulson is mundane , paul is a good BU

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of what you have there dad. There is a definite need for a safety or two and help on both lines. I would like this team to focus on these areas for at least the first 4 rounds. I don't think I we need to be worried much with QB or TE at this point. Just roll with what we have.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who we should take in the draft, but the good news is, among all the current 3-9 teams, we have a huge lead in Strength of Schedule which is the tiebreaker for draft position. We hold that tiebreaker over 3 of the 4 two win teams also. Meaning, if we finished tied for 2nd or 3rd worst record in the league (which we are currently tied for 3rd worst) then we would win most of those tiebreakers and draft closer to 3 or 4, than to 6 or 7. Several of the 2 win teams play each other over the last month meaning they will have to end up with 3 wins and tied with us, which also helps our draft position.

Small victories folks...

2014 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who we should take in the draft, but the good news is, among all the current 3-9 teams, we have a huge lead in Strength of Schedule which is the tiebreaker for draft position. We hold that tiebreaker over 3 of the 4 two win teams also. Meaning, if we finished tied for 2nd or 3rd worst record in the league (which we are currently tied for 3rd worst) then we would win most of those tiebreakers and draft closer to 3 or 4, than to 6 or 7. Several of the 2 win teams play each other over the last month meaning they will have to end up with 3 wins and tied with us, which also helps our draft position.

Small victories folks...

2014 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN
as a skins and lions fan im used to thinking like this at the end of the season. just gotta make the best out of shitty situations.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are way off on our priorities.

Round 1: New Owner
Round 2: New GM
Round 3-7: OL,S,DL,CB,LB

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

I was looking at the standings and it looks like we'd be drafting 9th, hard to believe if the season ended right now
we'd be that high. Hopefully we keep blowing it, and can get in the 2-5 range.
IF so...I think the DE Williams from USC would be a stretch to land, but Peat or another sure shot OT seems like a no-brainer. If we can't get either one of those guys that high, we could trade out and get something nice.

Landon Collins is no Sean Taylor, or Laron Landry for that matter

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will trade their first to the Niners for Jim Harbaugh. Book it.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

owner absolutely. :lol:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will trade their first to the Niners for Jim Harbaugh. Book it.

Nah... A lot of chatter about Harbaugh bolting for Michigan. The Vegas betting lines for Harbaugh to Micjigan were actually taken down. His attitude is much better suited for the college game IMHO.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about taking a chance in a "troubled slider" in the draft. Cincinatti took a few troubled guys when Gruden was there, not sure if that was him, management, Lewis or what...

A few names come to mind..

Dorial Green-Beckham (WR-Mizzou/OK) Top 10/1st WR taken talent, currently graded 2nd-3rd

Marcus Peters (CB-Washington) 1st round talent, currently graded 3rd-5th

Devonte Fields (OLB-TCU) 1st round talent, currently projected as a 7th-FA

All if these guys have some red flags, some of them may not even come out. But if they did... I would give them a good look.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not use our first 2 picks on any player with red flags. We just aren't in a position to miss with those picks. I realize that no player is a lock, but we have to minimize all risk and get some talent on this team that can contribute right away as starters.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you j_y. But in the 3rd round on... I would look as some of these guys, especially in the last 3 rounds. Low risk... High reward.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to build up a another nasty HOG O-Line so no matter who the QB is there won't be any more excuses for play. Draft the best offensive lineman on the board. Round 2-7 draft DL, S, LB, OL, maybe a QB. I am not saying if 3 OT or OG's get taken in first 3 picks then we should take a OL guy but I think when we draft 5-7th that a stud OL will be there for us to take.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

I was looking at the standings and it looks like we'd be drafting 9th, hard to believe if the season ended right now
we'd be that high. Hopefully we keep blowing it, and can get in the 2-5 range.
IF so...I think the DE Williams from USC would be a stretch to land, but Peat or another sure shot OT seems like a no-brainer. If we can't get either one of those guys that high, we could trade out and get something nice.

Landon Collins is no Sean Taylor, or Laron Landry for that matter

If the season ended today we would draft 6th, not 9th. We hold the tiebreakers with 3 of the 4 2-9 teams below us and many of them play each other, so we have a good chance to move up to 4th or 5th if we don't win another game.

Strength of Schedule is the tiebreaker for draft spot and we would draft ahead of all the other 3-9 teams right now.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite how great our oline is to Cooley, I would say we need to start there.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to start with the LOS. Both the offense and defense lines need to be addressed. Lets get back to power football, where we line up and just pound the guy in front of you and dare them to do something about it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to start with the LOS. Both the offense and defense lines need to be addressed. Lets get back to power football, where we line up and just pound the guy in front of you and dare them to do something about it.

i have been saying that for about 10 years or so :suds: