• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which receiver turns in the best season?

Which receiver turns in the best season?

• Odell Beckham Jr

• Dez Bryant

• Antonio Brown

Results are only viewable after voting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it slightly funny that ODB is getting all this love while mike evans is not... Mike evans is going to be the best WR this season... TB has one of the worst RBs duo in football, they have one of the easiest divisions to pass in, and Jameis Winston should be better than the crap that TB had last season... not to mention the schedule is not to shabby...
More than 80 for 1200 would impress me from Evans this year. Equally his 12TDs from last year would astound me.

Winston definitely should be better than McCown n whatever, but he's still a rookie. And like you said, he's sharing the backfield with one of the worst RB duos in football.

Ends and OLBs are already pinning their ears back.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston may be NFL-ready but that doesn't always mean he is NFL-tested. I applaud your enthusiasm but Evan's value for me is tied to his untested, unproven rookie QB. And if Evans draws the double-teams, the "safer" option may be VJax.

again the untested rookie, i am not saying he will be good... But he should be better than what they had last season... and even if he is bad, that is actually not a bad thing for evans... that just means more passing... in a fantasy league that does not punish for interceptions, i have Winston easily being a top 10 QB...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it slightly funny that ODB is getting all this love while mike evans is not... Mike evans is going to be the best WR this season... TB has one of the worst RBs duo in football, they have one of the easiest divisions to pass in, and Jameis Winston should be better than the crap that TB had last season... not to mention the schedule is not to shabby...

By all means take Evans first in our league then. I like him but 1st WR is way too ambitious IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again the untested rookie, i am not saying he will be good... But he should be better than what they had last season... and even if he is bad, that is actually not a bad thing for evans... that just means more passing... in a fantasy league that does not punish for interceptions, i have Winston easily being a top 10 QB...
Does that league award points for yards or touchdowns?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means take Evans first in our league then. I like him but 1st WR is way too ambitious IMO.

i wouldn't take him as the first, just because i could get him later on depending on my draft pick... Also, remember that the OP told us to OWN our picks...

But again, i do find it funny that ODB is already considered to be the best of that rookie class... Mike evans has just as good of a situation if not better...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't take him as the first, just because i could get him later on depending on my draft pick... Also, remember that the OP told us to OWN our picks...

But again, i do find it funny that ODB is already considered to be the best of that rookie class... Mike evans has just as good of a situation if not better...

I personally think ODB isnt the second coming. I think he comes back to earth a little. He's a phenomenal talent but I think the jury is still out. Last year's rookie crop had some insane production.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned Moss, even Randy in his 9 best* seasons (out of 13) averaged 1314.6 yards. And Jerry Rice in his 14 best* seasons (out of 20) averaged 1354.1 yards. Expecting more than even HOF numbers each year is setting the bar too high.

Plus, you know me, Treff - I usually will lean towards the "conservative" player rather than swing for the fences. And I feel fantasy owners perhaps are swinging for the fences instead of "taking what the defense gives you" to borrow a football analogy.

* Seasons over 1K yards.
Well I surely am not saying he will be better than either of those two..just that he has that type of potential. To me, the only ceiling on ODB is Eli.

Love Dez, little so so on AB, but ODB just had that IT factor for me, the guy is going to be amazing, for years to come

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I'm somewhat woith ya on Mike Evans..Winston is the only reason I wouldn't take him over AB (not Dez or ODB though)...even just getting whatever Winston is worth, he should be right there in top five discussion by years end. ..might be a slow start though

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I'm somewhat woith ya on Mike Evans..Winston is the only reason I wouldn't take him over AB (not Dez or ODB though)...even just getting whatever Winston is worth, he should be right there in top five discussion by years end. ..might be a slow start though

slow start?? look at TBs schedule... it is a joke... they play only 3(4) good defenses all season... They start the season vs the titans... i am expecting a fast start... Again, i wouldn't draft Evans in the first round, but i wouldn't mind taking him anywhere in the 2nd... and if he falls to me in the 3rd, i will laugh my ass off... I will actually be surprised if he is NOT a top 5 WR this season...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned Moss, even Randy in his 9 best* seasons (out of 13) averaged 1314.6 yards. And Jerry Rice in his 14 best* seasons (out of 20) averaged 1354.1 yards. Expecting more than even HOF numbers each year is setting the bar too high.

Plus, you know me, Treff - I usually will lean towards the "conservative" player rather than swing for the fences. And I feel fantasy owners perhaps are swinging for the fences instead of "taking what the defense gives you" to borrow a football analogy.

* Seasons over 1K yards.
Also. ..let's not forget those amazing numbers were accrued in a different time. ..much different when talking about Rice...it's not as impossible these days to compile similar numbers. .still very impressive, but slightly easier than it was 15-25 years ago

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow start?? look at TBs schedule... it is a joke... they play only 3(4) good defenses all season... They start the season vs the titans... i am expecting a fast start... Again, i wouldn't draft Evans in the first round, but i wouldn't mind taking him anywhere in the 2nd... and if he falls to me in the 3rd, i will laugh my ass off... I will actually be surprised if he is NOT a top 5 WR this season...
You won't even let someone have your back. ..you gotta argue EVERYTHING!

Christ..I meant a rookie QB is usually GUARANTEED a slow start. Even the good ones, schedule be damned

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't even let someone have your back. ..you gotta argue EVERYTHING!

Christ..I meant a rookie QB is usually GUARANTEED a slow start. Even the good ones, schedule be damned
LOL... I am bored... sorry!!!

But seriously check TBs schedule, it is pretty pathetic...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I am bored... sorry!!!

But seriously check TBs schedule, it is pretty pathetic...
Don't care. ..rookie qb's, are rookie qb's, and it takes 4-5 games, at real game speed with real defenses to adjust to the speed, and know how to properly read the D. He may very well have a great game against one or two if those bad teams. ..he'll also have 2 or 3 that remind you he's a rookie making rookie mistakes. .they all do

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk: I get your point. And I agree to some extent. Evans had 12 TD last year with McCown/Glennon. Can't always count on double-digit TD numbers, even in a good offense. But yes, the yards should be there. And the TD issue is why I bump him down.

Treff: I get what you're throwing down. And deep down I agree that ODB might be "the guy," a modern-day Moss or Rice. But in my conservative draft strategy, he'll be gone before I feel he is worth it. (a la 3rd round-ish)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk: I get your point. And I agree to some extent. Evans had 12 TD last year with McCown/Glennon. Can't always count on double-digit TD numbers, even in a good offense. But yes, the yards should be there. And the TD issue is why I bump him down.

Treff: I get what you're throwing down. And deep down I agree that ODB might be "the guy," a modern-day Moss or Rice. But in my conservative draft strategy, he'll be gone before I feel he is worth it. (a la 3rd round-ish)

I think ODB and Evans are both worth a low end 2nd round high end 3rd round pick... Would never take either in the first round, only because they would need to hit their potential to make the value worth it for me... the top 3 WRs on draft day SHOULD be Dez, Thomas and brown(pick your order)... But I would love to be the one to draft Evans in the 2nd round and especially the 3rd round... Only way I would pass on either in the 2nd round is if any of those 3 are available still, or if I am definitely taking a RB...

But the question by the OP is which WR will have the best season, not who should be drafted first... those are two totally different questions...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care. ..rookie qb's, are rookie qb's, and it takes 4-5 games, at real game speed with real defenses to adjust to the speed, and know how to properly read the D. He may very well have a great game against one or two if those bad teams. ..he'll also have 2 or 3 that remind you he's a rookie making rookie mistakes. .they all do

but he can remind you he is a rookie, but still get the yards... that's what garbage time is for!!!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIlk got a give it to you
at least you give some solid detail with your opinions

ill just check in a little with Yes his Qb is a rook....

but hey wasnt it you correctly predicted 5 Rooks in the top 30 last year

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIlk got a give it to you
at least you give some solid detail with your opinions

ill just check in a little with Yes his Qb is a rook....

but hey wasnt it you correctly predicted 5 Rooks in the top 30 last year

debating with people that know their shit, you have to give details to oppose them... otherwise you will get destroyed in the argument, even if it is only opinion...