• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually heard a rumor from someone who coaches basketball in the NE Ohio area that LeBron is def. gone and going to LA.

It is from a source I actually relatively believe a well.

Obviously it is not written in stone or anything, but it surprised me that this person would think this in such a definitive manner.

I am becoming more and more resigned ot the fact that he is gone.

I just hope that if he does leave they do not try this pseudo-contending crap- and just deal Love and start over.

Does his current contract require him to opt in or opt out by Friday?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does his current contract require him to opt in or opt out by Friday?
yes--- but there is no doubt he is opting out- even if he does go back to the Cavs--- itll be on a 1 and 1 to protect himself in case of a catastrophic injury.

Thats why he does the one and one's supposedly---- so that if during the first season he ahs a torn achilees or something he just picks up his player option for the next year.

Declining the option on the 29th is a foregone conclusion--- but it does officially pretty much eliminate the Rockets---- and any chance of a sign and trade with the Lakers.

I think its down to the Cavs and Lakers.

If PG, CP3 or Kawhi get to the Lakers-- any of those 3- i think LeBron goes there.

If none of those guys go there- i think the Cavs execute a trade for Kemba and LeBron resigns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes--- but there is no doubt he is opting out- even if he does go back to the Cavs--- itll be on a 1 and 1 to protect himself in case of a catastrophic injury.

Thats why he does the one and one's supposedly---- so that if during the first season he ahs a torn achilees or something he just picks up his player option for the next year.

Declining the option on the 29th is a foregone conclusion--- but it does officially pretty much eliminate the Rockets---- and any chance of a sign and trade with the Lakers.

If PG, CP3 or Kawhi get to the Lakers-- any of those 3- i think LeBron goes there.

If none of those guys go there- i think the Cavs execute a trade for Kemba and LeBron resigns.

Obviously Boston isn't in the mix, just keep LeBron the phuck outta Philly.

signed: all Celtics fans

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesnt opt in, he loses his no trade clause, but I highly doubt that it will become a factor in his next contract even though I read where Gilbert doesn’t want to offer it anymore.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has by Friday to make a decision. He could opt-in and demand a trade, similar to what Paul did last offseason.

Then he’d be conceding assets to Gilbert, which my guess is he wont want to do unless he plans to go back to the Cavs in a couple years to finish his career (as @WiggyRuss suggested).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesnt opt in, he loses his no trade clause, but I highly doubt that it will become a factor in his next contract even though I read where Gilbert doesn’t want to offer it anymore.

If he opts out, his next contract isn't with Gilbert. He can ask for (and get) anything he wants in his next contract.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he’d be conceding assets to Gilbert, which my guess is he wont want to do unless he plans to go back to the Cavs in a couple years to finish his career (as @WiggyRuss suggested).

It really all depends. I think he opts out as Wiggy mentioned earlier. He always does his 1-and-1 deals for obvious reasons. He doesn't need to do a sign and trade to LA. He would need to do it if he wants to go to Houston (doubtful) or Boston (don't see it happening). If he leaves Cleveland, I just can't see him going back to Cleveland again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really all depends. I think he opts out as Wiggy mentioned earlier. He always does his 1-and-1 deals for obvious reasons. He doesn't need to do a sign and trade to LA. He would need to do it if he wants to go to Houston (doubtful) or Boston (don't see it happening). If he leaves Cleveland, I just can't see him going back to Cleveland again.

Once again, it seems like the Lakers allow him to accomplish everything he apparently wants, except staying in the East.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it seems like the Lakers allow him to accomplish everything he apparently wants, except staying in the East.

Agreed. Having said that, you're going to have to go through the Warriors at some point. Does it really matter if it's in May or June? If you were to get by the Warriors in the WCF, the Finals then becomes an unfamiliar breeze.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Having said that, you're going to have to go through the Warriors at some point. Does it really matter if it's in May or June? If you were to get by the Warriors in the WCF, the Finals then becomes an unfamiliar breeze.

Exactly, plus Boston or Philly are in a position to have a legit chance to end
his run in the East.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami’s 2011 first-round pick was traded to the Raptors to complete a sign-and-trade agreement for Bosh. The Heat’s 2013 and 2016 first-round selections were sent to the Cavaliers in the sign-and-trade that brought James to Miami.

You can’t argue against those deals. The Heat won two NBA championships with Bosh and James in 2013 and 2014.

And Miami’s 2018 and 2021 first-rounders were traded to Phoenix to acquire Dragic in 2015. That move didn’t bring titles, but circumstances make it unfair to criticize that trade.

Just days after the Heat added Dragic to a core that already included Bosh and Wade, Bosh was diagnosed with his first blood clot issue. When Bosh returned the following season, the Heat outscored opponents by 92 points in 44 games – 26-18 record in those games — with Bosh and Dragic on the court together in 2015-16 before Bosh went out again due to blood clots.

The idea was that Dragic, Bosh and Wade would be good enough to contend in the Eastern Conference. But that group really never got a chance to play together because of Bosh’s health issues.

Those first-round picks — 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021 — are the only ones the Heat have traded in advance of the draft since 2011. It’s easy to criticize the Heat’s handling of draft picks, but it’s also easy to justify each of those moves when you see what those selections were given away for.

@WiggyRuss
Off topic, but pretty much shows you are wrong for criticizing Riley.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, plus Boston or Philly are in a position to have a legit chance to end
his run in the East.

I think Boston takes the East next year if they stay healthy.

I don't know how Cleveland improves their roster. I keep hearing Kemba, but he's not enough to tip the scales. Also, what are you giving up for him. You'd assume Hill, but Charlotte's going to want more for him. Also, is Kemba as effective playing next to Lebron as he was in Charlotte being the man?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami’s 2011 first-round pick was traded to the Raptors to complete a sign-and-trade agreement for Bosh. The Heat’s 2013 and 2016 first-round selections were sent to the Cavaliers in the sign-and-trade that brought James to Miami.

You can’t argue against those deals. The Heat won two NBA championships with Bosh and James in 2013 and 2014.

And Miami’s 2018 and 2021 first-rounders were traded to Phoenix to acquire Dragic in 2015. That move didn’t bring titles, but circumstances make it unfair to criticize that trade.

Just days after the Heat added Dragic to a core that already included Bosh and Wade, Bosh was diagnosed with his first blood clot issue. When Bosh returned the following season, the Heat outscored opponents by 92 points in 44 games – 26-18 record in those games — with Bosh and Dragic on the court together in 2015-16 before Bosh went out again due to blood clots.

The idea was that Dragic, Bosh and Wade would be good enough to contend in the Eastern Conference. But that group really never got a chance to play together because of Bosh’s health issues.

Those first-round picks — 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021 — are the only ones the Heat have traded in advance of the draft since 2011. It’s easy to criticize the Heat’s handling of draft picks, but it’s also easy to justify each of those moves when you see what those selections were given away for.

@WiggyRuss

Riley's done.....since he's lost his fastball.

:lol:

Even if true (and it's not), Riley lost his fastball a LOT LATER than Wiggy did. :pound:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss

The only thing I'm not a fan of with those trades was that it was unnecessary to trade picks to Toronto and Cleveland. Because the trades were merely done to facilitate a sign and trade to allow Bosh and Lebron to get a 6th year on their deals because Miami didn't have their respective bird rights.

You'd think that Lebron would want to go to a team that had assets available to help add pieces around him. Miami likely could've moved those picks to other teams later on and acquired other quality players that may have put us in a position where we could've won in 2014 (not taking anything away from that Spurs team).

But, given what Miami had to give up for Lebron to get his 6th year, it looks foolish on Lebron in hindsight, because those extra years he asked for were actually a waste.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'm not a fan of with those trades was that it was unnecessary to trade picks to Toronto and Cleveland. Because the trades were merely done to facilitate a sign and trade to allow Bosh and Lebron to get a 6th year on their deals because Miami didn't have their respective bird rights.

You'd think that Lebron would want to go to a team that had assets available to help add pieces around him. Miami likely could've moved those picks to other teams later on and acquired other quality players that may have put us in a position where we could've won in 2014 (not taking anything away from that Spurs team).

But, given what Miami had to give up for Lebron to get his 6th year, it looks foolish on Lebron in hindsight, because those extra years he asked for were actually a waste.

I agree, but I hardly think that it was Riley’s idea.
Wasn’t that something the James and Bosh wanted?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Boston isn't in the mix, just keep LeBron the phuck outta Philly.

signed: all Celtics fans

If Philly picked up Lebron and traded for Kawhi (send them Simmons, a bunch of contracts, and a few picks) I am worried at least for a few years.

Sixers may just do this

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly picked up Lebron and traded for Kawhi (send them Simmons, a bunch of contracts, and a few picks) I am worried at least for a few years.

Sixers may just do this

That's a damn scary thought. Let's hope this doesn't happen.