• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this isnt just my idea- its from articles i have read

I mean- we know the cost of unloading Deng's contract is basically MORE than just Kuzma alone. IF the Lakers called up a team with cap space and said- take Deng's 2 years and we will attach Kuzma- they probably cant get that done. So in essence those 2 pieces fall out--- Hill and his "expiring" is basically the equiavalent, if not more than Deng and Kuzma.

the 1st round picks would be extremely similar as LeBron and Leonard would be on either team- so they basically fall out.

It would come down to 4 years of Sexton before you have to pay him and Cedi Osman, or 2 years of Ingram before you have to pay him.

And as i said- not only that---- but it would mean that LeBron and Kawhi would BOTH be in the East.

Someone tell me the holes. If the "hole" is --- well they can offer Ball to- thats a good point. But would they offer Ball, Ingram and Kuzma?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who woudl you rather have Jaylen Brown or Ingram? id rather have Brown.

When Ingram is restricted 2 years from now - it might not be an easy decision if you want to pay him a ton of money or not.

Im not saying Ingram is bad- i think Ingram is a very solid trade piece--- I just dont think he is head and shoulders above Sexton as a trade piece. Donovan Mitchell? UHH YAH.

when you consider that trading Leonard to the Lakers would likely lure LeBron and form a super team that you would have to compete against---- or instead- basically get Sexton instead of Ingram- i think thats the type of close offer that the Spurs would prefer--- especially not having to take a 2nd year of a huge contract like the difference between Deng and Hill.

You said Ingram hasn't shown he's a budding young star. I disagree. Like I said his #'s went up pretty such across the board. Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a kid that isn't even old enough to walk in a bar & have a beer.

Who would I rather have between Brown & Ingram? Jaylen. Here's why. In 2 years he's played the 2 & 3. Tatum is the SF of the future in Boston & Ingram so far has only played SF.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Ingram hasn't shown he's a budding young star. I disagree. Like I said his #'s went up pretty such across the board. Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a kid that isn't even old enough to walk in a bar & have a beer.

Who would I rather have between Brown & Ingram? Jaylen. Here's why. In 2 years he's played the 2 & 3. Tatum is the SF of the future in Boston & Ingram so far has only played SF.
I guess we have differing opinions of what "budding young stars". Especially considering its not like its difficult to put up great numbers on a bad team when you are getting tons of minutes and shots.

That being said- I think Ingram is the Lakers most valuable trade asset and he could still be a very very good player. I dont think he is going to be an All NBA talent or multi time all star though. Maybe we disagree on that. I think most times you see a Kyrie and know it or a Mitchell and know it or a Porzingis and know it etc. If the Lakers really thought Ingram could be another Durant-lite or Kawhi or whoever- why would they even consider dealing him?

while it is undoubtedly true players get better, playeres get worse, players sometimes come out of nowhere, players sometimes find the right situation and bloom (like Oladipo), I think Ingram's most likely career track at this point is more "very good" then "great" or "elite". I think the Lakers think that as well. I think anyone that has watched basketball and is fairly knowledgable would probably agree with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nice of Lebron to grace us with his decision July 6. Will there be a show?

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James Rumors: Cavaliers Star Expected to Decide on Future Before July 4

Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James is reportedly expected to make a final decision about whether to stay with the Cavs or join a new team before Independence Day.

Adam London of NESN provided the update from ESPN's Brian Windhorst, who's covered James' entire career, about what could be a quick foray into free agency.

"Everybody will be on holiday on July 4. It will be over by then," Windhorst said on The Lowe Post podcast last week.

James has a few different options on the table.

The four-time NBA MVP could opt into the final year of his contract, which would pay him $35.6 million for the 2018-19 season, per Spotrac.

He could facilitate a sign-and-trade deal, inking a long-term max extension with the Cavaliers and then getting dealt to his team of choice.

Or he could decline the player option and hit the open market.

The Los Angeles Lakers are the betting favorite (minus-150) to land James, according to OddsShark. They are followed by the Philadelphia 76ers (plus-450), Cavaliers (plus-500), Boston Celtics (plus-700) and Houston Rockets (plus-800).

On Monday, Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com reported the three-time NBA champion has "no intention of hearing elaborate pitch meetings from teams." That lends credence to the idea he could decide quickly.

The 33-year-old Ohio native has cautioned against taking too much stock in anonymous reports leading up to his potential foray into the open market, telling reporters in February: "If you don't hear something coming from my voice, then it's not true. ... If it's not from me, it's not true."

One thing's for sure: James' decision will play a major role in determining the NBA's balance of power heading into next season and beyond.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have differing opinions of what "budding young stars". Especially considering its not like its difficult to put up great numbers on a bad team when you are getting tons of minutes and shots.

That being said- I think Ingram is the Lakers most valuable trade asset and he could still be a very very good player. I dont think he is going to be an All NBA talent or multi time all star though. Maybe we disagree on that. I think most times you see a Kyrie and know it or a Mitchell and know it or a Porzingis and know it etc. If the Lakers really thought Ingram could be another Durant-lite or Kawhi or whoever- why would they even consider dealing him?

while it is undoubtedly true players get better, playeres get worse, players sometimes come out of nowhere, players sometimes find the right situation and bloom (like Oladipo), I think Ingram's most likely career track at this point is more "very good" then "great" or "elite". I think the Lakers think that as well. I think anyone that has watched basketball and is fairly knowledgable would probably agree with that.

A ton of shots? You haven't looked @ his stats have you? He averaged 12.9 fga's a game. That's not a ton of shots. And nobody has said (or @ least I haven't seen anyone say) that Ingram is a Durant-lite or Kawhi type player. I'm not trying to tell what to do but if you're gonna try & evaluate a player you have to be 100% unbiased about it. And you're not doing that. Only comparing him to 2 of the top 5 players in the league is unfair.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ton of shots? You haven't looked @ his stats have you? He averaged 12.9 fga's a game. That's not a ton of shots. And nobody has said (or @ least I haven't seen anyone say) that Ingram is a Durant-lite or Kawhi type player. I'm not trying to tell what to do but if you're gonna try & evaluate a player you have to be 100% unbiased about it. And you're not doing that. Only comparing him to 2 of the top 5 players in the league is unfair.
i think we agree on what kind of player he will be to be honest.

I think he will be a very good but not great player.

I dont think he will be a guy who is a candidate to make the all star team every year- but will be a guy that could make 1 or 2 during his career and be a very good player- maybe the 3rd best player on a very good team.

Do i think he will improve enough to be the 2nd best player on a very good team? no i dont. do you?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we agree on what kind of player he will be to be honest.

I think he will be a very good but not great player.

I dont think he will be a guy who is a candidate to make the all star team every year- but will be a guy that could make 1 or 2 during his career and be a very good player- maybe the 3rd best player on a very good team.

Do i think he will improve enough to be the 2nd best player on a very good team? no i dont. do you?

At only 20 I think it's too early in his career to even guess. But he made good improvements in only 2 years. Barring injury I don't see any reason why he can't keep improving. He's years away from his prime. Now can we change the subject? This Lakers shit is really bumming me out.:D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....honestly....

think about this "best case" scenario IF LeBron leaves (which would obviously be a disaster).

trade vets for assets: Love, Korver

sign some of the better cheaper young guys they have: Osman, Nance Jr., maybe Hood.

tank- geta lotto pick next year, and get a lotto pick the following year.

all of a sudden, 2 years from now, you could have totally clean books, Sexton plus 2 lotto picks, plus any picks you can recoup from veterans that you deal.

Does LeBron then come back? lol.....

honestly- if he was weighing options at that point and continues to do 1 and 1's- there is not a lot that could trump open books, 3 lotto talents, home town, and some extra picks- but of course you would have to do well with those picks--- which i think they did well on Sexton at least thus far.

It’s definitely a possibility, obviously a worst case, bc I want Lebron back BUT of he goes on another 4 year plan and the Cavs play ping pong for the next couple. They have cap room and 3 23-24 year olds, Lebron clmes back and brings a star with him, it’s possible. We will have to see, he would be around 38 and probably wont be at the same level but who knows lol. He can transform his game to become a block/post player and take less money at that point. Hopefully we dont have to worry about all that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really....the Cavs cap situation is only really held back by Thompson and Clarkson at this point

the year following this year- the only guaranteed guys on the payroll are Thompson and Clarkson---- I would imagine if they had to they could find a home for Clarkson on a 1 year deal---- and if they really wanted Thompson gone they could stretch his 1 year to very little effect- and really have a boatload of cap room at the end of next season---

decline Smith, decline Hill, find a home for Clarkson, i bet they could find a home for Korver for 7M, stretch Thomspon.....that gets theem to about clean books besides Cedi's and Nance's deals.

Smith's and Hill's deals actually look, at first blush, a lot worse than they are--- as i said- only 4M guaranteed between the 2 of them in 2019-2020.

If the Spurs said- we dont want Kawhi going to the Lakers- beecause then LeBron will go there and we will have to compete against them----- what if the Cavs offered Sexton, Hill's expiring, and Osman? Compare that to the Lakers offer of say Deng, Kuzma and Ingram.

First- Deng's deal is for 2 years- that basically balances out MORE than just Kuzma- instead of the 1 year deal for Hill (who would actually be fairly useful as opposed to Deng who is COOKED).

So say- Deng and Kuzma- cancels out Hill.......then you have Sexton and Cedi vs. Ingram---AND you get to send Kawhi to the East- AND you get to keep LeBron out of the West. AND you get to show the world that you dont give into your players.

If SA wants younger assets the Cavs could add Clarkson and take back the Gasol contract..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At only 20 I think it's too early in his career to even guess. But he made good improvements in only 2 years. Barring injury I don't see any reason why he can't keep improving. He's years away from his prime. Now can we change the subject? This Lakers shit is really bumming me out.:D
respecfully- you arent really saying anything--- you are just saying "we have no clue"--- what i was doing was making an educated guess.

you are right though- we dont know- he could become Kevin Durant 2.0 or he could become Darius Miles 2.0-- i just wanted to know what you actually THINK he will become--- as i said- i THINK he will become a very good but not great or elite player. If you want to just say " i have no clue" thats fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SA wants younger assets the Cavs could add Clarkson and take back the Gasol contract..
Sexton, Hill, Clarkson, 1st rounder for KAwhi and Gasols contract??

id do it--- even if Kawhi insists hes gone.....he will get here.....probably be better off as a 2nd guy.....sounds good to me man! lol, now they just need to pull it off?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

id do it--- even if Kawhi insists hes gone.....he will get here.....probably be better off as a 2nd guy.....sounds good to me man! lol, now they just need to pull it off?

Maybe substitute another player for Hill. They would have way too many PG’s. TT would be a good fit next to L.A...I would think they if took one of those contracts they want Nance too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe substitute another player for Hill. They would have way too many PG’s. TT would be a good fit next to L.A...I would think they if took one of those contracts they want Nance too
I think JR and TT and a 2nd round pick would be a mutually GREAT deal for both teams.

I mean- who wouldnt want to have TT on their team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course the Cavs do that.

Spurs won't. That isn't .50 cents on the dollar for a potential Laker offer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
respecfully- you arent really saying anything--- you are just saying "we have no clue"--- what i was doing was making an educated guess.

you are right though- we dont know- he could become Kevin Durant 2.0 or he could become Darius Miles 2.0-- i just wanted to know what you actually THINK he will become--- as i said- i THINK he will become a very good but not great or elite player. If you want to just say " i have no clue" thats fine.

You space cadet. You can't say I'm not really saying anything & then say I'm right. Okay you want an answer again? He just finished his 2nd year. He has alotta time to improve & there's no reason he won't unless the injury bug gets him. I already said that stuff in the comment you quoted. :crazy: