• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is going to happen if...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings now have more clutch victories in this playoff than those two turkeys Thornton/Marleau have in their entire NHL careers. 7-0 in elimination games, 3-0 in Game 7's on the road. Every clutch win the Kings get the more pissed I am at Thornton/Marleau. I blame them for the Kings success this postseason.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Kings now have more clutch victories in this playoff than those two turkeys Thornton/Marleau have in their entire NHL careers. 7-0 in elimination games, 3-0 in Game 7's on the road. Every clutch win the Kings get the more pissed I am at Thornton/Marleau. I blame them for the Kings success this postseason.

A little short sighted to just blame those 2....I blame the entire team. I'd give maybe Sheppard a pass, thought he was excellent, that's about it.
I'm fine w trading either or both of those guys, just get something decent in return.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little short sighted to just blame those 2....I blame the entire team. I'd give maybe Sheppard a pass, thought he was excellent, that's about it.
I'm fine w trading either or both of those guys, just get something decent in return.

Its fair to say that "the team" wins or loses the game.. but lets be reasonable:

• If CHI got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Kane & Towes had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If LA got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Kopitar & Brown had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If DET got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Zetterberg & Datsyuk had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If ANA for burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Getzlaf & Perry had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.

and so on...

So in my mind, if these two dorks want to skate circles and take no heat - re organize your contract for 1.2 million/year and let someone else drive the boat. But when you are cashing a $7mill/year check you are expected to lead the team in something other than Playoff Meltdowns

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fair to say that "the team" wins or loses the game.. but lets be reasonable:

• If CHI got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Kane & Towes had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If LA got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Kopitar & Brown had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If DET got burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Zetterberg & Datsyuk had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.
  • If ANA for burned out of the first round of the playoffs and Getzlaf & Perry had 0 points plus a few shots... they would get called out.

and so on...

So in my mind, if these two dorks want to skate circles and take no heat - re organize your contract for 1.2 million/year and let someone else drive the boat. But when you are cashing a $7mill/year check you are expected to lead the team in something other than Playoff Meltdowns

...and at one point, weren't we up 3 - 0? That is the ultimate failure & it rests on your "leaders".

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
...and at one point, weren't we up 3 - 0? That is the ultimate failure & it rests on your "leaders".

Oh I get that, and agree.
Wilson has talked about turning it over to the young guys....But what did Logan or Pavs do in those last 4 games?? My point is that NOBODY stepped up, and maybe none of them are capable like a Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Doughty, etc.
Someone pointed out the other day here that LA and Chicago are just better, and have players that do step up that way.
So far, I haven't seen one on our roster that does.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I'm not a Joe or Patty apologist, and would trade them both in a heartbeat, as long as it made the team better.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past is the past, time to forget it ever happend!

Gonna be the most interesting off-season in Sharks history.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind keeping Patty. He scores in the playoffs and he has the speed and two way game that this team needs. I am fully in favor of trading Jumbo.

I wouldn't mind dealing Nemo either but with the goalie market being a bit saturated and most teams having solid starters, I am tempering my expectations on the return.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't mind keeping Patty. He scores in the playoffs and he has the speed and two way game that this team needs. I am fully in favor of trading Jumbo.

I wouldn't mind dealing Nemo either but with the goalie market being a bit saturated and most teams having solid starters, I am tempering my expectations on the return.

I agree Slim. Would love to move Niemi, but if they can't find a taker, I think he's a FA after this season anyway. Let him and Stalock split the games this season. Nemo is fine, he wasn't the reason they died in the playoffs.
If I could move just one of Joe or Patty, it would def be Joe too, for the reasons you mentioned.
I would like to see them sign Vrbata. They had interest in him a couple seasons ago, confirmed by Vrbata himself, but he stayed in Phoenix.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen any of these players in person? It would be hard not to say anything. If I saw Joe Thornton I'd call him a choke and tin man to his face.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a more perfectly built playoff team than the Kings? They make just one less mistake than you..and one more key play than you every game when they need it. This year they pretty much said fuck the regular season. Who cares. 11 behind the Sharks, 16 behind the Ducks. Now we play hockey how it should be played and how it should be coached.

Ducks and Sharks poseurs (aka Poison), the Kings the real deal (aka Slayer).

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rick Nash a lazier version of a lazy Joe Thornton? Man that guy can be completely invisible and isn't even on the power play either. I wonder if he will be on the block in New York.

Well tonight the prophecy of this post comes true. Another Kings Cup. That is 3 Cups in California in the last 10 years. And all down south. Sucks to be a Sharks fan.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 0 - 3, its too late for the Rags, but you really gotta hate Doughboy:

Drew Doughty knows he’ll be targeted by the New York Rangers when Game 4 gets underway tonight. He can also look forward to playing with a bull’s-eye on his back when the Kings square off against the San Jose Sharks next season.

With Los Angeles holding a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final, Doughty was asked on Wednesday to reflect on what it took for his team to climb out of an 0-3 hole in its first round series against the Sharks. His response was not particularly flattering.

“Once we won that first game of the San Jose series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series,” Doughty said. “You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back. So we don’t want to give these guys any life.”

Somewhere, Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau are wondering why their noses just started bleeding.

It sounds harsh, but it’s also a fair indictment of the Sharks and how they responded after the Kings found life in a series-extending Game 4 win. San Jose lost that series as a team, but the inability of its leadership group to stabilize the situation and win at least one of those final three games highlights the obvious need for change in that organization (and explains all those Thornton trade rumors).

Say this about the Kings: The Rangers may knock them off tonight, but their leaders know how to apply the brakes and turn the car around before it careens over the cliff.

Not saying he's wrong, but these are OUR pussy leaders & we have the right to defend them to the end.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At 0 - 3, its too late for the Rags, but you really gotta hate Doughboy:

Drew Doughty knows he’ll be targeted by the New York Rangers when Game 4 gets underway tonight. He can also look forward to playing with a bull’s-eye on his back when the Kings square off against the San Jose Sharks next season.

With Los Angeles holding a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final, Doughty was asked on Wednesday to reflect on what it took for his team to climb out of an 0-3 hole in its first round series against the Sharks. His response was not particularly flattering.

“Once we won that first game of the San Jose series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series,” Doughty said. “You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back. So we don’t want to give these guys any life.”

Somewhere, Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau are wondering why their noses just started bleeding.

It sounds harsh, but it’s also a fair indictment of the Sharks and how they responded after the Kings found life in a series-extending Game 4 win. San Jose lost that series as a team, but the inability of its leadership group to stabilize the situation and win at least one of those final three games highlights the obvious need for change in that organization (and explains all those Thornton trade rumors).

Say this about the Kings: The Rangers may knock them off tonight, but their leaders know how to apply the brakes and turn the car around before it careens over the cliff.

Not saying he's wrong, but these are OUR pussy leaders & we have the right to defend them to the end.

You acctually defend marleau n Thornton still? Keep drinkin that teal koolaid. I love when people are the league bash them for the pusscakes they are. It still never lights a spark under their ass. Trade Thornton, and as much as I hate to say it, keep marleau n reduce his role. He is valuable and is more than a 1 trick pony like dumbo. And marleau does that the right to retire a shark. Thornton imo does not... but I will not, and havnt for years, defend either of them in terms of playoffs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings win the Cup this year? To me this would be the biggest nightmare that could ever happen to this franchise. To lose to your enemy in the worst way possible and then watch them raise the cup?! Do you think the Sharks will finally be motivated enough to get revenge?

The first day of the season should be a complimentary straight jacket because it is such a mind fuck watching them.

I really hope they can follow in the footsteps of the Boston Bruins that had this very thing happen to them and they won the Cup the very next year.

I'm still breathing fire over this and it's impossible for me to enjoy the rest of these playoffs.

Somethings got to give! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN!

The SuperBowl must have been painfull for you.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You acctually defend marleau n Thornton still? Keep drinkin that teal koolaid. I love when people are the league bash them for the pusscakes they are. It still never lights a spark under their ass. Trade Thornton, and as much as I hate to say it, keep marleau n reduce his role. He is valuable and is more than a 1 trick pony like dumbo. And marleau does that the right to retire a shark. Thornton imo does not... but I will not, and havnt for years, defend either of them in terms of playoffs

Wall, you must not have read my entire post. As I said, I don't think he's wrong. I don't drink any koolaid. My point was it stinks when someone else calls out your players. Its like me saying your wife is fat & ugly. It's totally true, but only you want to say it. :yahoo:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wall, you must not have read my entire post. As I said, I don't think he's wrong. I don't drink any koolaid. My point was it stinks when someone else calls out your players. Its like me saying your wife is fat & ugly. It's totally true, but only you want to say it. :yahoo:

leave that fat b! Xtch outa this haha

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know where to put this, but......

:finger: :finger2: Fuck off LA :finger2: :finger: