• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the BS cd and tell me what makes Kubiak some great coach?? You already said his O was sheety, So what makes him great??

See this is why I need to step away for a while

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the BS cd and tell me what makes Kubiak some great coach?? You already said his O was sheety, So what makes him great??
And don't say he benched PM or showed players how to play..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you can't tell me then.. Cool.. Face it, that was Phillips SB

Dude I have listed plenty of reasons. You have not refuted any of them and just keep pointing to the offense struggling as your only reason Kubiak got lucky to win a Super Bowl. Again this is why I need to leave for a while.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I have listed plenty of reasons. You have not refuted any of them and just keep pointing to the offense struggling as your only reason Kubiak got lucky to win a Super Bowl. Again this is why I need to leave for a while.
He's an O minded coach and his O was not any good, even according to Bronco Fan.. Hmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an O minded coach and his O was not any good, even according to Bronco Fan.. Hmmm
Btw cd, don't run from the heat.. Buckle up and make that case man..
You are arguing for the Broncos while i argue for the RAIDERS!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw cd, don't run from the heat.. Buckle up and make that case man..
You are arguing for the Broncos while i argue for the RAIDERS!!
I'm not running from the heat. I have given you plenty of things that Kubiak did just this last year and those are just some of the list. Heck probably done plenty that I have no clue about. Again why I struggle to think you actually read my posts. You get stuck on one idea and anything counter to that is just white noise. I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself over and over to have you say "none of that matters all that matters is your offense stunk." Kubiak and his coaching goes way beyond just our offense. I'm not worried about our offense. Kubiak has shown plenty that his offensive scheme works well in this league and has lead to many Super Bowl victories for multiple organizations. He has players more geared towards his scheme this year and I am excited to see how it takes off this year. Still Kubiak does so much more than just coach offense. I mean if we are going to look at just one side of the ball and make our assumptions on a guy then Del Rio failed miserably as a coach this past year. Raiders defense ranked 22nd in both total defense and points allowed. Heck they had a better ranking the year before in total defense at 21st in the league. Del Rio does more than just coach the defense though. You know that and I know that. He has his hands in everything just like Kubiak does.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not running from the heat. I have given you plenty of things that Kubiak did just this last year and those are just some of the list. Heck probably done plenty that I have no clue about. Again why I struggle to think you actually read my posts. You get stuck on one idea and anything counter to that is just white noise. I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself over and over to have you say "none of that matters all that matters is your offense stunk." Kubiak and his coaching goes way beyond just our offense. I'm not worried about our offense. Kubiak has shown plenty that his offensive scheme works well in this league and has lead to many Super Bowl victories for multiple organizations. He has players more geared towards his scheme this year and I am excited to see how it takes off this year. Still Kubiak does so much more than just coach offense. I mean if we are going to look at just one side of the ball and make our assumptions on a guy then Del Rio failed miserably as a coach this past year. Raiders defense ranked 22nd in both total defense and points allowed. Heck they had a better ranking the year before in total defense at 21st in the league. Del Rio does more than just coach the defense though. You know that and I know that. He has his hands in everything just like Kubiak does.
Relax man.. Cd I will get to this post as you know, when time permits..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This about Kubiak cd, and if he's an elite coach.. Good yes, elite NO!!
Again cd, you throw alot of stuff out there, but you still ain't told me why he's some elite coach??
He's an O minded coach, and his O was not very good according to you, so what makes him so great is all i want to know?? Not this and that, but why is he great??

And as for JDR?? Stats don't tell the whole story.. Our D got better as the players learned the system, but you know this already.. Heck we held you guys without an offensive TDs in our two meetings.. Which comes back to why is Kubiak is some great coach if he couldn't punch it in against a rebuilding RAIDER D??

Our D should be alot better this year, alot better!! Our secondary is going to be pretty dang good!!

cd, you must think im saying Kubiak stinks, when in fact i say he.s good, just NOT some great coach..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This about Kubiak cd, and if he's an elite coach.. Good yes, elite NO!!
Again cd, you throw alot of stuff out there, but you still ain't told me why he's some elite coach??
He's an O minded coach, and his O was not very good according to you, so what makes him so great is all i want to know?? Not this and that, but why is he great??

And as for JDR?? Stats don't tell the whole story.. Our D got better as the players learned the system, but you know this already.. Heck we held you guys without an offensive TDs in our two meetings.. Which comes back to why is Kubiak is some great coach if he couldn't punch it in against a rebuilding RAIDER D??

Our D should be alot better this year, alot better!! Our secondary is going to be pretty dang good!!

cd, you must think im saying Kubiak stinks, when in fact i say he.s good, just NOT some great coach..

Well we have 2 separate arguments going on here

1) How great is Kubiak as a HC?

2) Is he equal coach wise to that of Del Rio?

To me the 2nd one isn't even an argument. You can say "well look at them at their first HC gig." I say look at their full body of work and Kubiak blows Del Rio away as a Coordinator in actual Super Bowl Titles and now as HC the Super Bowl win alone settles the conversation. Throw in Kubiak has already shown he has grown as HC. He had talented teams in Houston but couldn't get them over the hump. Has a talented team in Denver and shows he knows when to push the right buttons and when to take chances to win games.

Next is he a great HC? And if so what makes him that?

Well right now we have 7 HC's in the NFL that have won a Super Bowl. To me you eliminate the rest of the group because Super Bowls are what define a coach. So then comparing Kubiak to the other coaches that have won where does he fall on that list and how many coaches in the league are allowed to be considered great at the same time?

To me if you have won a Super Bowl you should at least get the title of a GREAT coach. Elite he hasn't made it to that list. To me that is Bill Belichick and maybe Pete Carroll. We are talking 2 guys that have been in the mix almost every single season since they have been with their respective teams. They both have won the big game and both have been to it multiple times. Then the next tier to me is the great coaches which at least to me Kubiak is included. He needs to keep holding his own to stay on the list as a guy like Sean Peyton who has won one has struggled to consistently get his team into the playoffs.

And what makes him that?

1) Player management--This honestly to me is the biggest thing a HC does. He has to balance the personalities of every coach/player/FO person to get them all on the same page with what the goals are and how to go about accomplishing those. This is what got Fox and Del Rio fired because they were not on the same page with the FO of what this should look like. To me Kubiak did an incredible job considering they always say if you have a QB controversy you have no QB yet Kubiak found a way to keep the team united no matter who was starting. Heck they had to change up their offensive system 4 times this year to fit the QB. YOu want to talk about why the offense struggled...because they had to completely redo the system to make it even look ok with Manning in at QB. Then when he went out completely switch to Kubiak's system. Then Manning when he came back try to switch it up again and then in the playoffs switch once again to Kubiak's system as Manning's leg could get to the edge again.

2) Handling of the off season--This means how does he run his practices that best helps the team prepare for now and be rested for later. This is the part that Bronco fans have been most excited about. Kubiak credits Baltimore for teaching him player management when it comes to fatigue. Just like yesterday was once again a veterans day off. About 15 or so veterans are given the day to let their bodies rest but also coach from the sideline to help out the coaching staff.

Then the other bonus of this is the younger players get more actual snaps at practice. So that means they are better prepared for the season and Denver's depth especially on defense showed up big throughout the year.

3) Handling of injuries--Too many coaches panic with this one. Saying a player is ready to play and that player actually being healthy can be two different things. Kubiak usually even after the medical staff gave a player the green light to play would give them one more week. He wanted to make sure they were 100% instead of just at the level where they can play. Again when we got to the Playoffs some of our veterans that had missed a few weeks showed up big in the playoffs for the team.

4) Communication with the rest of the coaching staff. It was clear that all of these guys had worked together in different capacities. They could hit the ground running instead of having to learn each other's tendencies. They all know their strengths and weaknesses and work to bring out their strengths.

5) In game decisions--Another key element that many coaches are lacking. Andy Reid possibly cost his team a playoff win and chance at a Super Bowl because he couldn't manage the clock. No team in league history won more close games in a season than that of the Broncos. Shows incredible clock management and ability to find ways to win in the end.

All of these things showed up in our victories this past year. A divided locker room or say the defense felt lik the offense wasn't doing enough could have easily ended the season. Instead they united under Kubiak. There is talk about his speech after the loss to Pittsburgh (our last loss) that he gave an incredible speech that really united the team. Players still talk about how that speech changed everything.

His off season management of players like I said showed up in players being fresh but also in the fact that all 53 of our roster players made an impact on the team at some point. It wasn't like the 53rd man just sat on the bench collecting a pay check. They all made different plays at different times. Plus having those young guys in it helped build confidence not only for the player but the coaches in those players to be in during big moments. There was a key 3rd down late in a tight game where Ware and Von Miller were both on the bench but they trusted their back ups to make a play and they did.

I could go on listing the times that a Kubiak decision directly related to the team winning a game. He was instrumental in our team winning the Super Bowl.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have 2 separate arguments going on here

1) How great is Kubiak as a HC?

2) Is he equal coach wise to that of Del Rio?

To me the 2nd one isn't even an argument. You can say "well look at them at their first HC gig." I say look at their full body of work and Kubiak blows Del Rio away as a Coordinator in actual Super Bowl Titles and now as HC the Super Bowl win alone settles the conversation. Throw in Kubiak has already shown he has grown as HC. He had talented teams in Houston but couldn't get them over the hump. Has a talented team in Denver and shows he knows when to push the right buttons and when to take chances to win games.

Next is he a great HC? And if so what makes him that?

Well right now we have 7 HC's in the NFL that have won a Super Bowl. To me you eliminate the rest of the group because Super Bowls are what define a coach. So then comparing Kubiak to the other coaches that have won where does he fall on that list and how many coaches in the league are allowed to be considered great at the same time?

To me if you have won a Super Bowl you should at least get the title of a GREAT coach. Elite he hasn't made it to that list. To me that is Bill Belichick and maybe Pete Carroll. We are talking 2 guys that have been in the mix almost every single season since they have been with their respective teams. They both have won the big game and both have been to it multiple times. Then the next tier to me is the great coaches which at least to me Kubiak is included. He needs to keep holding his own to stay on the list as a guy like Sean Peyton who has won one has struggled to consistently get his team into the playoffs.

And what makes him that?

1) Player management--This honestly to me is the biggest thing a HC does. He has to balance the personalities of every coach/player/FO person to get them all on the same page with what the goals are and how to go about accomplishing those. This is what got Fox and Del Rio fired because they were not on the same page with the FO of what this should look like. To me Kubiak did an incredible job considering they always say if you have a QB controversy you have no QB yet Kubiak found a way to keep the team united no matter who was starting. Heck they had to change up their offensive system 4 times this year to fit the QB. YOu want to talk about why the offense struggled...because they had to completely redo the system to make it even look ok with Manning in at QB. Then when he went out completely switch to Kubiak's system. Then Manning when he came back try to switch it up again and then in the playoffs switch once again to Kubiak's system as Manning's leg could get to the edge again.

2) Handling of the off season--This means how does he run his practices that best helps the team prepare for now and be rested for later. This is the part that Bronco fans have been most excited about. Kubiak credits Baltimore for teaching him player management when it comes to fatigue. Just like yesterday was once again a veterans day off. About 15 or so veterans are given the day to let their bodies rest but also coach from the sideline to help out the coaching staff.

Then the other bonus of this is the younger players get more actual snaps at practice. So that means they are better prepared for the season and Denver's depth especially on defense showed up big throughout the year.

3) Handling of injuries--Too many coaches panic with this one. Saying a player is ready to play and that player actually being healthy can be two different things. Kubiak usually even after the medical staff gave a player the green light to play would give them one more week. He wanted to make sure they were 100% instead of just at the level where they can play. Again when we got to the Playoffs some of our veterans that had missed a few weeks showed up big in the playoffs for the team.

4) Communication with the rest of the coaching staff. It was clear that all of these guys had worked together in different capacities. They could hit the ground running instead of having to learn each other's tendencies. They all know their strengths and weaknesses and work to bring out their strengths.

5) In game decisions--Another key element that many coaches are lacking. Andy Reid possibly cost his team a playoff win and chance at a Super Bowl because he couldn't manage the clock. No team in league history won more close games in a season than that of the Broncos. Shows incredible clock management and ability to find ways to win in the end.

All of these things showed up in our victories this past year. A divided locker room or say the defense felt lik the offense wasn't doing enough could have easily ended the season. Instead they united under Kubiak. There is talk about his speech after the loss to Pittsburgh (our last loss) that he gave an incredible speech that really united the team. Players still talk about how that speech changed everything.

His off season management of players like I said showed up in players being fresh but also in the fact that all 53 of our roster players made an impact on the team at some point. It wasn't like the 53rd man just sat on the bench collecting a pay check. They all made different plays at different times. Plus having those young guys in it helped build confidence not only for the player but the coaches in those players to be in during big moments. There was a key 3rd down late in a tight game where Ware and Von Miller were both on the bench but they trusted their back ups to make a play and they did.

I could go on listing the times that a Kubiak decision directly related to the team winning a game. He was instrumental in our team winning the Super Bowl.
cd, you are a good poster i must admit, you throw alot of information out in your posts.. And yet you still ain't telling me why?? But cd, like always i shall reply to this post as well..
I gotta book dude for now.. I'll be seeing ya at the HOOP!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you are a good poster i must admit, you throw alot of information out in your posts.. And yet you still ain't telling me why?? But cd, like always i shall reply to this post as well..
I gotta book dude for now.. I'll be seeing ya at the HOOP!!

I guess I'm not getting what you are wanting...I'm giving you a behind the scenes look at all that Kubiak is doing. Why is he great well because he has learned from all of his experiences both good and bad with also working with some of the top franchises (49ers when they were at their peak, Broncos at their peak, Baltimore considered one of the top franchises from top to bottom) has really shaped his coaching experience and helped him to be an even better coach than what he was in Houston. He is an elite communicator of understanding his players but also understanding the business side of things in the NFL. Heck he actually has a great relationship with most of the players that leave his team. They talk about how they became friends as he would eat dinner with the players, work out with the players, and on and on. So he is a players coach who the players are willing to listen to and follow.

Again I have given you plenty of reasons why...If you don't like them then I guess give me an example of what you are talking about because obviously we are not on the same page. I don't really want to just keep listing more and more to have you write one sentence saying "That is great and all but tell me why." I am telling you why. These are all attributes that he has brought to the table.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a coach wins a SB......that doesn't make them a great coach. That's like saying just because a QB wins a SB......that makes them a great QB.

Trent Dilfer anybody?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a coach wins a SB......that doesn't make them a great coach. That's like saying just because a QB wins a SB......that makes them a great QB.

Trent Dilfer anybody?

Big difference in that though. A HC is involved in pretty much everything that a team does. They are the ones that make some of the toughest decisions especially at the end of games that sometimes decide win or loss. A team can cover up one bad player even if it is a QB. To me at some point even an average HC is going to cost you a game. Heck look at the Chiefs this past year with Andy Reid's clock management. Most would consider him a good coach but time and again he does things like that that have cost his team games at the most inopportune moment.

I've already listed to Idaho the things that Kubiak did that to me directly lead to the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. He went about this off season much different than our old regime and for a while some in the media really questioned what he was doing but there was a method to his madness and by the end of the season made complete sense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Dilfer anybody?
Agreed DJ.. Kubiak pretty much = Trent Dilfer

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not getting what you are wanting...I'm giving you a behind the scenes look at all that Kubiak is doing. Why is he great well because he has learned from all of his experiences both good and bad with also working with some of the top franchises (49ers when they were at their peak, Broncos at their peak, Baltimore considered one of the top franchises from top to bottom) has really shaped his coaching experience and helped him to be an even better coach than what he was in Houston. He is an elite communicator of understanding his players but also understanding the business side of things in the NFL. Heck he actually has a great relationship with most of the players that leave his team. They talk about how they became friends as he would eat dinner with the players, work out with the players, and on and on. So he is a players coach who the players are willing to listen to and follow.

Again I have given you plenty of reasons why...If you don't like them then I guess give me an example of what you are talking about because obviously we are not on the same page. I don't really want to just keep listing more and more to have you write one sentence saying "That is great and all but tell me why." I am telling you why. These are all attributes that he has brought to the table.
cd, you talk about all these behind the scenes stuff, when in truth ALL coaches do that.. Everyone of them..
When coaches get fired it's not for all the minor stuff you posted, but for not winning on the field..\
When Kubiak coached the Texans, dude had a loaded roster.. Shaub ws a Pro Bowl QB, All Pro RB Foster, top 5 WR in AJ, and very GOOD ZBS OL, along with one of the best players in the World in JJ Watt, and may i add alot of GOOD players to back those guys, and yet still couldn't get them to the show.. So they fired him..
This comes down to how the team performs on the field cd.. And it didn't look to good did they??
Again, imo the best coach on your staff is Phillips..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Idaho I really do think this will be my last post on this board. Comparing Kubiak to that of Trent Dilfer. Come on man you have to know that is a pretty darn big insult and I'm just not really in the game of doing that.

Few things....

1) That loaded roster that Kubiak had also saw his 1st and 2nd string QB go down 2 weeks before the playoffs. Do you really think a loaded team is going to go in and win the Super Bowl with a 3rd string QB?

2) What got him fired was a combination of bad injuries, his QB losing it completely for some reason, and just some bad luck. Throw in then he had a stroke during the season. Just a combination of bad all rolled into 1. Before that though his team had won the division 2 times in a row. That was the first time they had ever won the division and to do it 2 years in a row compared to when he took over and the team was 2-14 the year before he arrived. It was going to be a slow growing process because he had to build it from the ground up just like you keep telling me with the Raiders of what they have had to do. Not every team can go from last to first in one season. Sometimes to do it right it does take a slow build. Only the Raiders are allowed to have that excuse though right Idaho?

3) Ok let's talk in game decisions then that directly effected the outcome of a game.

Week 1--Kubiak calling the plays at the end of the game has the offense go on a 17 play drive that almost takes up the entire 4th Quarter of the game to ice a week 1 victory.

Week 2--Denver down by 14 after Manning throws a pick-6 has the offense take the next 2 drives for touchdowns to tie up the game. Then at the end of the game with the team down by 7 with 2:27 left on the clock Kubiak helps guide the offense to a touchdown with 36 seconds left on the clock. Also just a quick note that Kubiak was the one that pointed out to the defensive players that Jamaal Charles an All-Pro RB was getting a little sloppy with the way he was carrying the football and encouraged his players to try and punch the ball out if they got the chance. Charles had 2 fumbles in the game.

Honestly just going to stop there because well you think he is Trent Dilfer and I have given you way more than you deserve here Idaho of all that Kubiak does for this team. And no not every coach does the off season exactly the same or runs practices during the week the same. The fact that you do think all that just shows honestly how little you know of coaching. I've coached sports at a lot of different levels under some people and as the HC in others. I've learned from others what I like that they do and what I don't like and would change. There is no hey this is exactly how it is supposed to be done and everybody do it this way when it comes to caoching. IF that were the case anybody could do it at the professional level. To me again you have insulted just about every coach out there to say they all do it the same or that they all do those things. The Broncos are about the most transparent team in the league since Elway took over. So we got plenty of inside looks at Fox and Del Rio and how they run things compared to now with Kubiak. They are not close in how they run practices or what they like to focus on. They have some similarities but there are some philosophical differences in what they deem to be most important.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Idaho I really do think this will be my last post on this board. Comparing Kubiak to that of Trent Dilfer. Come on man you have to know that is a pretty darn big insult and I'm just not really in the game of doing that.

Few things....

1) That loaded roster that Kubiak had also saw his 1st and 2nd string QB go down 2 weeks before the playoffs. Do you really think a loaded team is going to go in and win the Super Bowl with a 3rd string QB?

2) What got him fired was a combination of bad injuries, his QB losing it completely for some reason, and just some bad luck. Throw in then he had a stroke during the season. Just a combination of bad all rolled into 1. Before that though his team had won the division 2 times in a row. That was the first time they had ever won the division and to do it 2 years in a row compared to when he took over and the team was 2-14 the year before he arrived. It was going to be a slow growing process because he had to build it from the ground up just like you keep telling me with the Raiders of what they have had to do. Not every team can go from last to first in one season. Sometimes to do it right it does take a slow build. Only the Raiders are allowed to have that excuse though right Idaho?

3) Ok let's talk in game decisions then that directly effected the outcome of a game.

Week 1--Kubiak calling the plays at the end of the game has the offense go on a 17 play drive that almost takes up the entire 4th Quarter of the game to ice a week 1 victory.

Week 2--Denver down by 14 after Manning throws a pick-6 has the offense take the next 2 drives for touchdowns to tie up the game. Then at the end of the game with the team down by 7 with 2:27 left on the clock Kubiak helps guide the offense to a touchdown with 36 seconds left on the clock. Also just a quick note that Kubiak was the one that pointed out to the defensive players that Jamaal Charles an All-Pro RB was getting a little sloppy with the way he was carrying the football and encouraged his players to try and punch the ball out if they got the chance. Charles had 2 fumbles in the game.

Honestly just going to stop there because well you think he is Trent Dilfer and I have given you way more than you deserve here Idaho of all that Kubiak does for this team. And no not every coach does the off season exactly the same or runs practices during the week the same. The fact that you do think all that just shows honestly how little you know of coaching. I've coached sports at a lot of different levels under some people and as the HC in others. I've learned from others what I like that they do and what I don't like and would change. There is no hey this is exactly how it is supposed to be done and everybody do it this way when it comes to caoching. IF that were the case anybody could do it at the professional level. To me again you have insulted just about every coach out there to say they all do it the same or that they all do those things. The Broncos are about the most transparent team in the league since Elway took over. So we got plenty of inside looks at Fox and Del Rio and how they run things compared to now with Kubiak. They are not close in how they run practices or what they like to focus on. They have some similarities but there are some philosophical differences in what they deem to be most important.
That post was for DJ cd.. Besides don't trip it was a joke.. I do think he's a good coach just not some ELITE coach..

cd i deserve to know the truth from you, on what makes him some elite coach, that's what i deserve..
I have told you plenty of times why i don't think he is, and yet you don't want to hear it..
You keep throwing out all this other stuff and yet im still not sure what makes him some elite coach in your eyes?? If you think he's some ELITE coach just come out and say it..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That post was for DJ cd.. Besides don't trip it was a joke.. I do think he's a good coach just not some ELITE coach..

cd i deserve to know the truth from you, on what makes him some elite coach, that's what i deserve..
I have told you plenty of times why i don't think he is, and yet you don't want to hear it..
You keep throwing out all this other stuff and yet im still not sure what makes him some elite coach in your eyes?? If you think he's some ELITE coach just come out and say it..

All you have said is that "the offense wasn't very good his first year." Ok but that doesn't mean he isn't a great coach. Bill Belichick's specialty is defense yet plenty of seasons in New England they have had average defenses. Does that mean he isn't an elite coach?

Pete Caroll has failed at a couple of jobs yet he is still considered an elite coach in the league.

John Harbaugh got his start in Special Teams yet his field goal kicker has cost him a couple of times in the playoffs. Does that mean he is a failure as a HC?

We are talking first year here Idaho where it takes time to get the right players into place to actually play the system you want. Again though beyond just Kubiak's strength being Offensive football as a HC he does so much. Again you really don't understand how coaching works if you think a HC is only responsibible for one side of the ball or how that side of the ball performed on a weekly basis directly relates to that coach and their ability.

You tell me all the time that stats don't matter and that I should stop leaning on them. Well to me winning and losing is what matters and right now Kubiak has joined a very small group of HC's in our league that have won a Super Bowl. I guess you can justify it however you want I guess but he has won a Super Bowl and well your boy Del Rio has barely sniffed the playoffs in his career as a HC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What doesn't make him elite Idaho? You haven't told me anything so far.

And maybe this is my fault but yes I have not specified my exact thoughts on where I think he is ranked. I am not willing to put him the elite class quite yet. For me only the top-3 or so guys should be qualified to have that title. Right now for me that is Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, and Mike Tomlin. I probably rank Tomlin a little higher than most but it just seems like his teams are snake bitten every year with injuries yet somehow his team still finds ways to win games. To me that is great coaching (he is a defensive minded guy but the team has been winning lately with offense but hey I still credit the success of the team to him). I have Kubiak in that next group with guys like John Harbaugh and Mike McCarthy. Kubiak's biggest issue is just lack of opportunity so far. Yes he had his years at Houston but he also was taking pretty much the worst team in football and having to build up an organization that had never won before. A few more great years in Denver and I have a hard time seeing anybody keep him out of the top group. So close to elite but not quite there. I did see changes in what he did with the Broncos compared to what he did down in Houston. He showed he knows he made mistakes and learned as much as he could in his time away from HC.