• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we know?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read that the Patriots are likely not to hire a gm and will stick with Groh and Wolf. So they’re still the Patriots.

Reports coming out that BB wanted to trade Mac but Kraft wouldn’t let him.

Also read that BB didn’t want O’Brien. That was Kraft.

Maybe the issue is Kraft.
I heard the same with just a bit more.....................

Patriots may not hire an outside GM, because Mayo has worked well with Groh since he was put in.
Bill wanted to trade Mac and Kraft said no because Bill was willing to take a 2024 5th round pick and Kraft wasn't.
Kraft wanted BOB because Bill was going to leave MattyPatty and the Judge in place. Because Kraft wanted BOB, BB got his BVDs twisted and refused to let BOB bring in any staff. Just so Kraft wouldn't come in guns blazing, he allowed BOB to bring in one ass't.

Everything we read either embellishes something or leaves something out. I'm sure more and more will come out as time passes.

It's like the rumor that Mayo has talked with Josh and if he ANDKraft decide a change is needed with the offense, Myo will call Josh. I don't think anyone knows how much Mayo is making, but Josh was bring down more than $7M with BB and he got a 5/$50M deal with LV that he must still be collecting. With $30M left on that deal, maybe he comes in for $5M. Mayo doesn't seem to have that nasty or revengeful streak that BB had so it makes one wonder if he'll just leave everyone in place and let them hire a full staff and see if it works toward improving the whole atmosphere. The Patriots under BB had the smallest coaching staff in the NFL for the past 12 years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Patriots are likely not to hire a gm and will stick with Groh and Wolf. So they’re still the Patriots.

Reports coming out that BB wanted to trade Mac but Kraft wouldn’t let him.

Also read that BB didn’t want O’Brien. That was Kraft.

Maybe the issue is Kraft.
I read that as well.

If true, welcome to 30 years of Jerry Kraft mediocrity and misery.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kraft??? Is there a 3rd illegitimate son?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kraft??? Is there a 3rd illegitimate son?
simon cowell facepalm GIF

As in....

Jerry Jones had a championship winning team until he thought he knew better than his HOF Head Coach.

He hasn't sniffed a Lombard in what...30 years?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should start a trade rumors thread..........................

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...................Groh demoted because he and his dad are directly hooked to BB, but he's being kept around to showed whether or not he can be loyal to the Patriots. Lot of new names.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ptriots released the entire coaching staff list yesterday. There are 17 new coaches. The staff is more than twice the size of Belichick's at any time in his duration with the Patriots. Of course questions are being asked if maybe it's really too large for Rookie Mayo. The question was quickly killed when one female said, Belichick wanted complete control. It appears that Mayo will control his three coordinators and they will control their staffs. She then completely put it to bed when she said, "Maybe Mayo is smarter than you all think. He's making you all make up stupid questions."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ptriots released the entire coaching staff list yesterday. There are 17 new coaches. The staff is more than twice the size of Belichick's at any time in his duration with the Patriots. Of course questions are being asked if maybe it's really too large for Rookie Mayo. The question was quickly killed when one female said, Belichick wanted complete control. It appears that Mayo will control his three coordinators and they will control their staffs. She then completely put it to bed when she said, "Maybe Mayo is smarter than you all think. He's making you all make up stupid questions."

That makes the most sense.

I am really apprehensive but hopeful of Mayo as a coach. And really do not like Van Pelt. And did you look at some of the years exp of these guys?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really do not like Van Pelt. And did you look at some of the years exp of these guys?
I don't have any feelings about the guy. I want to be as open minded as possible. This could be a real stumbling year with so many new faces. By mid-season we'll have some idea of what direction the team is headed and how good this staff is at their jobs.

Mayo wasn't prepared to take the team this year. He, like everyone else figured BB was here until next year. He never had a chance to make calls during the season and start getting guys lined up. It was pretty much plug holes with the best he could get. No one knows how many people refused interviews or how many said "No Thanks."

Patriots have got exactly what they deserve for not firing BB after the Colts fiasco in Germany. Now, we'll see if the pieces can be glued back together.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes the most sense.

I am really apprehensive but hopeful of Mayo as a coach. And really do not like Van Pelt. And did you look at some of the years exp of these guys?
What's your beef with Van BeaverPelt?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any feelings about the guy. I want to be as open minded as possible. This could be a real stumbling year with so many new faces. By mid-season we'll have some idea of what direction the team is headed and how good this staff is at their jobs.

Mayo wasn't prepared to take the team this year. He, like everyone else figured BB was here until next year. He never had a chance to make calls during the season and start getting guys lined up. It was pretty much plug holes with the best he could get. No one knows how many people refused interviews or how many said "No Thanks."

Patriots have got exactly what they deserve for not firing BB after the Colts fiasco in Germany. Now, we'll see if the pieces can be glued back together.
What makes you say Mayo wasn't prepared, seems to me that decision was made real fast which makes me think all parties involved knew what was coming. I do agree that we can expect some stumbling blocks this year and week 8 would be a reasonable time to gage the progress.

I don't think anyone expected BB to be released mid season, the man deserved better than that. Can't let a few fans with knots in their diapers run the show

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone expected BB to be released mid season, the man deserved better than that. Can't let a few fans with knots in their diapers run the show
My point is that BB had a contract through 2024. No one knew for sure if Kraft would actually fire him or not.
If he'd won every game after Germany, he'd still be here. Everyone was anticipating BB being fired. Mayo couldn't start calling
people and say, "If Bill is fired, I 'might' be the head coach. Think you might be interested in interviewing. If I get the job?"
No one can offer people a job if it's not available. How would he have known if Kraft wasn't going to tell him to keep BOB
and give him another chance not under BB? No way mayo could have been 100% ready to take the job and move at speed to
get the people he wanted. It appears that the people he might have wanted, did not want to have anything to do with the Patriots.

Like puke or diarrhea, this team is a mess that's going to be tough to clean up.