• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What changes would you like to see in the NFL?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule would help Dallas more than any team. Hitchens, Lawrence, Martin. Its like they are getting penalyzed for drafting well and it would keep the best players on your team forever instead of all this movement.
It would help every team equally.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to think about how things would actually work IRL. So the Pats could pay Brady $40M per year and he counts zero against the cap? That is a huge advantage.
Yes it is, but it would work.
I like the idea of keeping players with their "beloved" franchises. Perhaps making only a % of their salary hit the cap makes sense.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin will be the first to tell you he's gonna talk about anything that will get you to listen.

Now add on to this those talking about it are those complaining about. For those of us who thinks the rule is fine, we don't bring it up unless the complaints start.

Here's the reason it is the way it is.

Because the goal line is involved — and this is a consistent application of the impetus rule,” Blandino said. “Impetus is the force that puts the ball into an end zone. So if a team provides the impetus that puts a ball into their opponent’s end zone . . . then they are responsible for it. They’re responsible for it. And if the ball gets out of bounds through the end zone then it is a touchback. […]
Now let the bolded part soak in for a minute. The O was responsible for the ball the roled out of play beyond the goal. Thus means they lost the right to maintain control.
The rule is 100% RIGHT.

Nah... its too severe. All you did was explain the NFL rule but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be changed. I could recite the catch rule, doesnt mean its right. A turnover and 25 yards is by far the most harsh rule in football and teams get HUMONGOUS advantage for many times not doing anything to cause the fumble. I said I think the other team should get the ball... but not an additional 25 yard penalty on top of it.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliminate kickers. And Punters.

4 downs of harrowing action. By real players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule would help Dallas more than any team. Hitchens, Lawrence, Martin. Its like they are getting penalyzed for drafting well and it would keep the best players on your team forever instead of all this movement.
This year yes, but next year it'll be another team. I am not in favor of rules that help my team but hurt the league. So what if they resign Zeke today to a 10 year deal? If you make the rule that a guy must be a total FA first it's going to stop teams resigning guys early which will change things big time and hurt some players and make FAs cost teams even more if many cases. Like I said, I like the idea but I just don't see how to implement it

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help every team equally.

But it would most help Dallas right this minute. But over all it would help every team equally. Dallas just happens to have a ton of talent right this minute needing big dollar deals.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year yes, but next year it'll be another team. I am not in favor of rules that help my team but hurt the league. So what if they resign Zeke today to a 10 year deal? If you make the rule that a guy must be a total FA first it's going to stop teams resigning guys early which will change things big time and hurt some players and make FAs cost teams even more if many cases. Like I said, I like the idea but I just don't see how to implement it

Good point.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a change we can make.
Fumbles by FG holders aren't fumbles, and the team gets to line up fur another try.

Also this rule needs to be applied back to the 2006/07 playoffs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I read the 1st page then skipped to the last (to many pages to read at once today LOL)

to the OP they will never do away with divisions, because owners dont want to lose money on the rivalries they have had in place for decades. But if they were gonna get rid of anything it should be divisions & keep the conferences. (kinda like baseball) Then you would have the best 6 teams in each conference in the playoffs instead of some sub 500 team. problem would be setting the schedule with only 16 games in a season. None of this will actually happen though, so moving on.

as far as the fumble into the endzone. I am trying to remember what the reason is for calling that a turnover & I cant remember. So I am all for if it goes through the endzone without a defender getting control of it. Offense keeps the ball but it goes back to the 20 yard line. Figure that would be punishment enough for fumbling it through the endzone.

Now about PI calls. My thoughts are a little different. While I could argue both sides of spot foul & 15 yarder. Until I am convinced one way or another I say leave it as is, but I would want the call itself fixed.
When a QB throws behind the defender & the WR goes to get it creating the contact with the defender just so they can get the call. That shouldn't be a call against the defender. Defenders cant run through the WR so the WR shouldn't be able to go through the defender either. Get rid of the ticky tack call. (especially for 40 yards)

QBs running with the football. I get tired of seeing defenders get flagged for roughing a QB who at the very last second goes into his slide after the defender is already going into his hit on the QB. There is no way a defender is going to change his course. QB doesn't want to get hit slide earlier or except the hit. This is such a BS call. Same with going out of bounds so the defender slows up to not get a flag & the QB turns up field because of it (Although this one doesnt happen as often, but it does happen)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it would most help Dallas right this minute. But over all it would help every team equally. Dallas just happens to have a ton of talent right this minute needing big dollar deals.
What about next season, or when Wentz is up for a contract?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about next season, or when Wentz is up for a contract?

Next season it would be another team like Jarntt said. All Im saying is my idea would help Dallas out the most right this minute but in the future it would help out all the teams who drafted well. Dallas has added so many All Pro excellent players they are kind of getting penalized for it. Martin, Hitchens and Lawrence is going to be hard to do but I'd prefer teams to be able to keep their stars and not have tem leave because of cap restriction.s

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I read the 1st page then skipped to the last (to many pages to read at once today LOL)

to the OP they will never do away with divisions, because owners dont want to lose money on the rivalries they have had in place for decades. But if they were gonna get rid of anything it should be divisions & keep the conferences. (kinda like baseball) Then you would have the best 6 teams in each conference in the playoffs instead of some sub 500 team. problem would be setting the schedule with only 16 games in a season. None of this will actually happen though, so moving on.

as far as the fumble into the endzone. I am trying to remember what the reason is for calling that a turnover & I cant remember. So I am all for if it goes through the endzone without a defender getting control of it. Offense keeps the ball but it goes back to the 20 yard line. Figure that would be punishment enough for fumbling it through the endzone.

Now about PI calls. My thoughts are a little different. While I could argue both sides of spot foul & 15 yarder. Until I am convinced one way or another I say leave it as is, but I would want the call itself fixed.
When a QB throws behind the defender & the WR goes to get it creating the contact with the defender just so they can get the call. That shouldn't be a call against the defender. Defenders cant run through the WR so the WR shouldn't be able to go through the defender either. Get rid of the ticky tack call. (especially for 40 yards)

QBs running with the football. I get tired of seeing defenders get flagged for roughing a QB who at the very last second goes into his slide after the defender is already going into his hit on the QB. There is no way a defender is going to change his course. QB doesn't want to get hit slide earlier or except the hit. This is such a BS call. Same with going out of bounds so the defender slows up to not get a flag & the QB turns up field because of it (Although this one doesnt happen as often, but it does happen)
The fumble explanation is

Because the goal line is involved — and this is a consistent application of the impetus rule,” Blandino said. “Impetus is the force that puts the ball into an end zone. So if a team provides the impetus that puts a ball into their opponent’s end zone . . . then they are responsible for it. They’re responsible for it. And if the ball gets out of bounds through the end zone then it is a touchback. […]

“Now that may seem like an egregious penalty but again, think about it, they put the ball into their opponent’s end zone,” Blandino said. “If it’s not fourth down or inside two minutes, if they recover it, it’s a score. So that’s potentially a big play, so the penalty for not recovering it . . . has to be big as well. That’s why it’s a touchback. That’s consistent with other loose balls that go into an opponent’s end zone. Kicks, punts, fumbles, backward passes.”

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another good idea. I think we are all in agreement that the fumbling team should be penalized but we all have differing opinions on how severe it should be. Is a fumble that is not recovered by the D such a horrific rule violation that the offensive team should not only lose the ball but also have the biggest yard penalty attached to it? Seems like you are slapping them twice especially when, often times, the D did nothing to be awarded such a massive reward. Totally agreeing with your posts today.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they make it so the Browns get every pick in the first round, just so we can see how they screw that up

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm OK with rule but I agree its unfair to the D if the QB slides very late. Maybe slide penalties should have to be reviewed to see if the D was already committed prior to the slide.

Along tge same line with a QB going towards the sideline, then turning up field when the D pulls up. Allow the Defender ready to make the be allowed to raise his arms signalling a free tackle.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good idea. I think we are all in agreement that the fumbling team should be penalized but we all have differing opinions on how severe it should be. Is a fumble that is not recovered by the D such a horrific rule violation that the offensive team should not only lose the ball but also have the biggest yard penalty attached to it? Seems like you are slapping them twice especially when, often times, the D did nothing to be awarded such a massive reward. Totally agreeing with your posts today.
well you wont like my next one :becky: