• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the 49ers long-term plan at quarterback?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to do. You either hire a guy who isn't going to be in demand for better jobs or hire a guy with no ambition for a better job or you hire a guy who will succeed and then bolt.

some coaches are good at developing coordintors, hopefully harbaugh is that kinda coach. if not, we can only hope his coordinators are here for the long haul.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
some coaches are good at developing coordintors, hopefully harbaugh is that kinda coach. if not, we can only hope his coordinators are here for the long haul.

I am hoping that the 49ers success is more Harbaugh than his coordinators, he certainly may know how to pick the right coordinators.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to do. You either hire a guy who isn't going to be in demand for better jobs or hire a guy with no ambition for a better job or you hire a guy who will succeed and then bolt.

Or you hire a series of idiots after the one guy you hired who was good succeeded and bolted. There's no doubt it's hard to keep good coordinators around, but there's also no doubt that the 49ers have hired some terrible coordinators (and head coaches) over the previous 7 seasons.

It is hard to do but the Niners really did a terrible job of it nonetheless.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or you hire a series of idiots after the one guy you hired who was good succeeded and bolted. There's no doubt it's hard to keep good coordinators around, but there's also no doubt that the 49ers have hired some terrible coordinators (and head coaches) over the previous 7 seasons.

I still wonder if the blind squirrel found a nut or if someone near the top finally figured out what they were doing wrong.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this isn't to totally excuse the 49er's pick of HC's, but every season we see 6-7 head coaching changes? if picking a HC was easy, wouldn't every team be stable?

most here liked the Singletary hire (making him permanent after tiral run), but no one will admit it now.

wasn't the Nolan hire "copying" the successful Patriots system? so the concept made sense at the time, but the actual selection (Nolan) obviously didn't work.

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this isn't to totally excuse the 49er's pick of HC's, but every season we see 6-7 head coaching changes? if picking a HC was easy, wouldn't every team be stable?

most here liked the Singletary hire (making him permanent after tiral run), but no one will admit it now.

wasn't the Nolan hire "copying" the successful Patriots system? so the concept made sense at the time, but the actual selection (Nolan) obviously didn't work.

I liked the Nolan hiring at the time, and I loved the Singletary hire! I aint scared to admit it. That's what makes this game great, the unknown. Whether it's draft picks, coaches, FA's....it's a hoot!!!! If it worked out all the time what fun would that be? One that I had a feeling wouldn't work too well was Erickson, but then again, the whole franchise was screwed up then.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Nolan hiring at the time, and I loved the Singletary hire! I aint scared to admit it. That's what makes this game great, the unknown. Whether it's draft picks, coaches, FA's....it's a hoot!!!! If it worked out all the time what fun would that be? One that I had a feeling wouldn't work too well was Erickson, but then again, the whole franchise was screwed up then.

it all went downhill when we left shanahan go. nolan and sing had too much control in my opinion. both needed a strong gm to keep them in line. erickson was just a horrible hiring and set us back even before nolan and sing continued the train wreck

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't too keen on Nolan (I did have some hope though, he said all the right things at the beginning) but anyone was going to be better than Erickson (disaster - and everyone knew he was going to be a disaster) Singletary I was ok with although I wished they would have at least waited until the offseason to make a decision they could have brought in somebody better but then we wouldn't have Harbaugh!

My comment was more directed at O and D coordinators. We have had a string of some of the worst O coordinators of all time until now - sayhey was saying that it is difficult to hire good coordinators because the good ones are just trying out for a HC job somewhere else basically (that's how I read what he wrote anyway). My point is that doesn't excuse the Niners for doing a terrible job of finding even a decent OC over the previous 7 or so years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't too keen on Nolan (I did have some hope though, he said all the right things at the beginning) but anyone was going to be better than Erickson (disaster - and everyone knew he was going to be a disaster) Singletary I was ok with although I wished they would have at least waited until the offseason to make a decision they could have brought in somebody better but then we wouldn't have Harbaugh!

My comment was more directed at O and D coordinators. We have had a string of some of the worst O coordinators of all time until now - sayhey was saying that it is difficult to hire good coordinators because the good ones are just trying out for a HC job somewhere else basically (that's how I read what he wrote anyway). My point is that doesn't excuse the Niners for doing a terrible job of finding even a decent OC over the previous 7 or so years.

ok, thats fine, but when you hire a HC, isn't it his responsibility to find Coordinators?

i know Jerrry Jones hired a Coordinator first, but imagine John York dictating which Coordinators to hire?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, thats fine, but when you hire a HC, isn't it his responsibility to find Coordinators?

i know Jerrry Jones hired a Coordinator first, but imagine John York dictating which Coordinators to hire?

That's true it's usually interconnected! And here we go with a good HC finally hiring a good OC.

It is difficult to hire the right coaching staff yet still the 49ers front office and owners fired Mooch hired dipshit after dipshit until they finally got it right it seems. Subpar effort/knowledge by them, which has as much to do with the terrible hiring as it has to do with how diffiicult it is to hire the right people.

Anyway it's all in the past right?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true it's usually interconnected! And here we go with a good HC finally hiring a good OC.

It is difficult to hire the right coaching staff yet still the 49ers front office and owners fired Mooch hired dipshit after dipshit until they finally got it right it seems. Subpar effort/knowledge by them, which has as much to do with the terrible hiring as it has to do with how diffiicult it is to hire the right people.

Anyway it's all in the past right?

depends on how long we expect this current 'regime' to last? guess 'regime' is really referring to Baalke and Harbaugh.

is 10 years reasonable? cause USUALLY, top people have top ego's.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on how long we expect this current 'regime' to last? guess 'regime' is really referring to Baalke and Harbaugh.

is 10 years reasonable? cause USUALLY, top people have top ego's.

Anyway it's all in the past right? #sarcasm <= I shoulda typed that out.

But I'd like to think Harbaugh has enough knowledge/desire/skill to last a while, Nolan got 3.5 he is at least 3.5 years better than him!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I expect better decisions out of my favorite team's front office than out of the fan base. There really is no excusing how poorly the team was run for so long.

I am happy in the fact that is seems we have turned the corner and appear to have a good GM and HC in place and give credit for Jed for being there when it happened.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I thought the Singletary hire was the right call. I started to have reservations when he let Linehan out of the building, though, and bigger reservations when he hired Jimmy Raye. I didn't foresee the disaster that arose, though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyway it's all in the past right? #sarcasm <= I shoulda typed that out.

But I'd like to think Harbaugh has enough knowledge/desire/skill to last a while, Nolan got 3.5 he is at least 3.5 years better than him!

haaa, no my bad. after reading your post again, saw i missed it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the Singletary hire was the right call. I started to have reservations when he let Linehan out of the building, though, and bigger reservations when he hired Jimmy Raye. I didn't foresee the disaster that arose, though.

did Singletary LET Linehan out of the building? he likely laid out his run first mentality and Linehan knew he didn't fit?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Linehan ran out of the building. Rare missed tackle for Singletary.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
did Singletary LET Linehan out of the building? he likely laid out his run first mentality and Linehan knew he didn't fit?

Singletary should have learned from Nolan's failed attempts to control everything and told Linehan he wanted him and would give him free rein over the offense. He let Linehan go precisely because he laid out his run-first, physical with an F approach.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He got a look at that big ass cross hanging around Singletary's neck, realized he was a nut case and headed for the door.

Breaking news in case anyone is keeping track: NN STILL hates people who believe in God and continues to take any chance he can to disparage them.