• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well check this out Kirk lovers

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Then it wouldn't be called an "Off Season" it would rightfully be called the Pre-Season and that's taken.

Post or Off is the correct term for what FOLLOWS, however Post is also taken.
The things we disagree on! My 2 cents--the 2017 season and 2017 post season just ended. We are in the midst of the 2018 offseason. The 2018 preseason starts when camps open in July.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things we disagree on! My 2 cents--the 2017 season and 2017 post season just ended. We are in the midst of the 2018 offseason. The 2018 preseason starts when camps open in July.

I understand

It's only called that because we are actually in the year 2018. It cuts down confusion among the masses if this time period would rightfully be called the NFL's 2017 -2018 season's... off time or off period.

Besides it was merely a ploy by @Shark to make a point that didn't exist. Gotta give it to him he knows his audience.

Last edited:

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'm starting to take this like the skins are my sibling here. It's ok for me to talk shit on the team, but i don't want to hear an outsider running their dick suckers.:mad2:
As someone who lives nearby I come here on occasion to see the reactions to news about this team, and I give my takes. Unfortunately the truth almost always hurts in places like this but I do try to speak the truth.

I don't think I've made any unsubstantiated claims or embellishments or even said anything that outside of this area of SportsHoopla would be controversial. Me pointing out that there is no football or winning related reason (or organizational reason, really) why a player would want to be a redskin amounts to more or less the same thing as pointing out any other fact or statistic.

For this reason we can be sure that either D hall is grossly exaggerating, or that Smith said something to that effect disingenuously or because of money. And that is my point and that is all I was saying with my post earlier in this thread. This should be very clear by now.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ewre never going to pay Kirk because they didnt want him. They strung it out because they thought (hoped) they would be in a position to draft one of the top QBs in this years draft without having to trade up.
I agree that they didn't want Cousins long term, but I disagree on the bolded b/c Cousins at QB for the 2017 season all-but guaranteed that the team wouldn't be in position to nab one of the top QBs (without a costly trade up).

If the goal was to draft a QB, it would've been rather simple and a lot cheaper to do it. First, the FO had to decide which draft's QBs were better (2017 Trib, Watson, Mahomes or 2018 Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen). Then, they'd trade Cousins in February or March 2017, receiving in return draft picks from the 2017 or 2018 draft, whichever they wanted the Qb from.

If they wanted a QB from the 2017 draft, they'd ship Cousins out for the best picks in 2017 they could get. That would give them added ammunition to move up without having to pay an RG3 deal. OTOH, if they picked the 2018 QBs, then the Skins don't take a QB in the 2017 draft and instead go through the 2017 season with McCoy or Sudfeld under center (or some other backup-level schlub), thereby ensuring that their own 2018 draft pick is high to go along with the picks they got from the cousins deal giving them extra ammo.

By stringing this out, they got the worst possible outcome. That's why I don't think stinking enough to draft a top QB was their goal. I think this last tag and the refusal to trade him last offseason was about ego and spite.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, guys and Lady, this has gone on for too long now, I'm officially done with it. Good luck to all!! See you guys and lady in other threads and topics!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they didn't want Cousins long term, but I disagree on the bolded b/c Cousins at QB for the 2017 season all-but guaranteed that the team wouldn't be in position to nab one of the top QBs (without a costly trade up).

If the goal was to draft a QB, it would've been rather simple and a lot cheaper to do it. First, the FO had to decide which draft's QBs were better (2017 Trib, Watson, Mahomes or 2018 Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen). Then, they'd trade Cousins in February or March 2017, receiving in return draft picks from the 2017 or 2018 draft, whichever they wanted the Qb from.

If they wanted a QB from the 2017 draft, they'd ship Cousins out for the best picks in 2017 they could get. That would give them added ammunition to move up without having to pay an RG3 deal. OTOH, if they picked the 2018 QBs, then the Skins don't take a QB in the 2017 draft and instead go through the 2017 season with McCoy or Sudfeld under center (or some other backup-level schlub), thereby ensuring that their own 2018 draft pick is high to go along with the picks they got from the cousins deal giving them extra ammo.

By stringing this out, they got the worst possible outcome. That's why I don't think stinking enough to draft a top QB was their goal. I think this last tag and the refusal to trade him last offseason was about ego and spite.

I think Ego and spite were WHY they strung it out. I also think, they didnt figure on Goff doing well AND the Niners making the move for Grap. I think if they had been able to deal Kirk for a little extra ammo, they would have been fine trading another teams picks to move up for a QB.

The Smith trade was the save face fall back plan. And lets be honest, you dont take two 1000 yard WRs and replace them with two projects and expect your team to do well. Bruce figured, the team would fail.. he could proclaim Cousins was NOT the QB he "hoped" he was, we finish picking in the to ten, and we are likely grabbing one of the top three QBs possibly.

Or... Kirk does OK, but the Niners and Rams both need QBs. He could deal Kirk to one of them, and be in a position to make the move he wanted.

And Should the team succeed, well only in that case would they make Kirk an offer he couldnt refuse.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, guys and Lady, this has gone on for too long now, I'm officially done with it. Good luck to all!! See you guys and lady in other threads and topics!
why it looks like all the other threads are the same as this one