• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the 49ers long-term plan at quarterback?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the Singletary hire was the right call. I started to have reservations when he let Linehan out of the building, though, and bigger reservations when he hired Jimmy Raye. I didn't foresee the disaster that arose, though.

I ripped the Singletary hire a few weeks before it happened. I felt it was the right and the wrong move at the time.

It was the right move from a PR standpoint. Singletary was a big hit with the fans and the team was winning during his interim experience. The team was absolutely losing fans under Nolan, particularly with the stadium issue and the York tenure. The Singletary interim experience was a positive one. If you were posting on the ESPN board at the time, Singletary was extremely popular as HC. When I started the thread questioning his inevitable hire (I accused him of being a motivational speaker who the team would eventually tune out because he didn't bring any Xs and Os knowledge to the team) I was crucified by the vast majority of posters.

The team could not afford to not hire him and continue to struggle in mediocrity with someone else.

It was wrong because he was vastly underqualified.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I ripped the Singletary hire a few weeks before it happened. I felt it was the right and the wrong move at the time.

It was the right move from a PR standpoint. Singletary was a big hit with the fans and the team was winning during his interim experience. The team was absolutely losing fans under Nolan, particularly with the stadium issue and the York tenure. The Singletary interim experience was a positive one. If you were posting on the ESPN board at the time, Singletary was extremely popular as HC. When I started the thread questioning his inevitable hire (I accused him of being a motivational speaker who the team would eventually tune out because he didn't bring any Xs and Os knowledge to the team) I was crucified by the vast majority of posters.

The team could not afford to not hire him and continue to struggle in mediocrity with someone else.

I remember that. You were exactly right.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said "it was the right move, they couldn't do anything else, it was the wrong move" all in one. Way to go!

I'm thinking of a number 1-10 which is it? I know I know! 1-10! Woah I'm right! :thumb:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you were "crucified by the vast majority of posters"? really?

poor Imac............

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my many shortcomings I suppose. I just can't stand purposeful ignorance in the face of overwhelming evidence.

you were "crucified by the vast majority of posters"? really?

poor Imac............

Maybe Singletary's cross wasn't signifying Jesus but rather Imac's crucifixion?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One of my many shortcomings I suppose. I just can't stand purposeful ignorance in the face of overwhelming evidence.

More breaking new: "Overwhelming Evidence" has proven that God doesn't exist. NN says so.

Why didn't you say something sooner? That's probably the biggest news story ever.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More breaking new: "Overwhelming Evidence" has proven that God doesn't exist. NN says so.

Why didn't you say something sooner
? That's probably the biggest news story ever.

NN and the entire scientific community........or at least those without an agenda. I didn't say anything sooner because I thought it was too obvious. Did I need to to tell you that the easter bunny and Santa don't exist?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NN and the entire scientific community........or at least those without an agenda.

You're incredibly naive if you don't think the scientific community has an agenda. You probably think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, PBS & others like them are completely impartial too don't you?

I get you don't believe in God. Don't be an asshole about it. And don't hijack the thread by turning it into a debate about whether God exists or not. I really don't feel like breaking down the Miller experiment and Potassium Argon methods.

:focus:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Singletary hire was right at the time for the reason that I thought the players would rally around him and he would be able to change their mindset and toughen them up. I had no idea how limited the x's and o's would be. After the Saints game last year I new the season was fucked.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're incredibly naive if you don't think the scientific community has an agenda. You probably think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, PBS & others like them are completely impartial too don't you?

I get you don't believe in God. Don't be an asshole about it. And don't hijack the thread by turning it into a debate about whether God exists or not. I really don't feel like breaking down the Miller experiment and Potassium Argon methods.

All you gotta do is let it die and it will. What the Christian book would have you believe is absolutely comical and one would have to be a fool to swallow that nonsense. No getting around that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't help his assholery...for Nolan, any attention is good attention.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Christian book that would have you believe that helping your fellow man is good, stealing is wrong, killing is wrong, dishonesty is wrong. Those are some comical concepts to me. If you take it as literal truth 100% then yes some of it stretches credulity to the breaking point. However as a book using parables to teach lessons on how to be upright and live a good life it is valuable. I don't get into religious debates much. It has been well over a decade since I set foot in a church. You are welcome to believe in whatever you wish of course. It is not my place to belittle you or your intelligence for your belief system. I just find it mildly annoying that the one side of the fence that tells us to be tolerant of this that and the other has no tolerance on any views that contradict their own. You are free to believe in science, Allah, the great pumpkin, or Al Gore its what is great about this country. I absolutely believe there is a God and there is nothing you can say to disprove it. Just as their is nothing I could do to prove to you there is. Either way the argument always ends up at prove it. As for being a fool for following it maybe I am in your eyes. But in where it matters in my life your opinion of me matters very little.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back onto the subject at hand I think Alex is at most a two year stopgap while Kaep develops or Harbaugh finds a better option in the draft or free agency. Kap is popular here on the boards and he might have a lot of potential. I live here in Nevada and saw a lot of his games and I really don't see him ever becoming a franchise caliber quarterback. I hope he turns into an all pro and proves me wrong. I said it on the espn boards I was hoping for Dalton. The Niners have no real shot at luck or RG3 this year and Landry is going back to school so this next year will give Kap a chance to develop and maybe challenge Alex for the starting job in the near future.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Christian book that would have you believe that helping your fellow man is good, stealing is wrong, killing is wrong, dishonesty is wrong. Those are some comical concepts to me. If you take it as literal truth 100% then yes some of it stretches credulity to the breaking point. However as a book using parables to teach lessons on how to be upright and live a good life it is valuable. I don't get into religious debates much. It has been well over a decade since I set foot in a church. You are welcome to believe in whatever you wish of course. It is not my place to belittle you or your intelligence for your belief system. I just find it mildly annoying that the one side of the fence that tells us to be tolerant of this that and the other has no tolerance on any views that contradict their own. You are free to believe in science, Allah, the great pumpkin, or Al Gore its what is great about this country. I absolutely believe there is a God and there is nothing you can say to disprove it. Just as their is nothing I could do to prove to you there is. Either way the argument always ends up at prove it. As for being a fool for following it maybe I am in your eyes. But in where it matters in my life your opinion of me matters very little.

Could be. Its not the concept of a god I find so far fetched, its the christian mythology that I find ridiculous.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Back onto the subject at hand I think Alex is at most a two year stopgap while Kaep develops or Harbaugh finds a better option in the draft or free agency. Kap is popular here on the boards and he might have a lot of potential. I live here in Nevada and saw a lot of his games and I really don't see him ever becoming a franchise caliber quarterback. I hope he turns into an all pro and proves me wrong. I said it on the espn boards I was hoping for Dalton. The Niners have no real shot at luck or RG3 this year and Landry is going back to school so this next year will give Kap a chance to develop and maybe challenge Alex for the starting job in the near future.

It is interesting that the six best QBs in the NFC play for the six teams that made the playoffs.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The more time Kaepernick and Tolzein have to be groomed, the better off we are. It would be nice if we could get another 2 year deal with Alex for around 10-12 million. That being said, I wouldn't pass on Landry Jones if we have any chance at trading up to get him.

NO

YOU DONT WANT LANDRY