• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

West Virginia Will Be Without Their Starting QB

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Saban's a pushover? Or any great coach? The players will come play for you since you're a great coach and you have a winning program that PUTS GUYS IN THE PROS. Screw the few snowflakes who might be put off by a policy of "Be on the team or get off the team but we are all one team and there is one set of rules." Any good coach would turn this into a positive if someone was trying to use it against him as a negative. If a coach couldn't handle something this easy to refute, he's in the wrong business. The military and business world are helluva lot tougher to survive than living with this simple policy.

Who said anything about being a pushover? An I don’t see Saban doing this at all. He understands it’s the nature of the business. If a kid gets injured playing in a meaningless bowl game he could cost himself millions of dollars. Like it or not this is the business world. It’s a business decision for these kids. If you’re kicking kids off the team for protecting themselves from injury you aren’t going to be lasting very long. Your recruiting will take a huge dive.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about being a pushover? An I don’t see Saban doing this at all. He understands it’s the nature of the business. If a kid gets injured playing in a meaningless bowl game he could cost himself millions of dollars. Like it or not this is the business world. It’s a business decision for these kids. If you’re kicking kids off the team for protecting themselves from injury you aren’t going to be lasting very long. Your recruiting will take a huge dive.

I'm talking about major bowls (NY6) or the CFP. Look at my original statement. And I'm not kicking anyone off the team. Jeez.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skyler howard?! give me a break....even that bust geno smith isnt playing in the japanese x league
10 wins in college. Nothing to do w/ where he is now. Crazy, Sky ranks top 5 among the all time passing leaders at WVU... crazy!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is the backup today any good??
That's the million dollar question. He was a 4-5* recruit, signed w/ Da U, then transferred to WVU. He's thrown all of 10 passes this year 6/10 1TD 1INT. Hopefully he's out of 'backup mindset', but, um... not sure what to make of this????
Meet Jack Allison...
tenor.gif

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is the backup today any good??

Ask yourself these questions..

1. Do you know who the backup QB is?
2. Has he or she taken any snaps?
3. How did West Virginia do last year in their final three games when Will Grier was injured?

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself these questions..

1. Do you know who the backup QB is?
2. Has he or she taken any snaps?
3. How did West Virginia do last year in their final three games when Will Grier was injured?
Different backup... Oh lawd, Chuggs was baaaaaad!!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more a reference to how the WVU revolves around Grier. Without Grier in there, will WVU do the same as last year and seem lost without him?
I don't think it will be as bad. Jack has composure and doesn't fumble... or hasn't yet.
I'm really wanting to see the future in Trey Lowe. He could be better than Pat White.
He's going to get snaps too. So, I bet Cuse... sadly.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse has shown up without some of their best players on the D-Line...the only real contributers.

The whole things messed up as far as I'm concerned. We are going to watch the 2nd string for the most part.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay if a player skips a bowl game due to injuries (either current or recurring). But if he's healthy, he should play.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about being a pushover? An I don’t see Saban doing this at all. He understands it’s the nature of the business. If a kid gets injured playing in a meaningless bowl game he could cost himself millions of dollars.

When was the last time a Saban coached team played in a meaningless bowl game?