• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

West Virginia Will Be Without Their Starting QB

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a Saban coached team played in a meaningless bowl game?

When was the last time Saban kicked someone off the team for omitting themselves from a bowl game?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about major bowls (NY6) or the CFP. Look at my original statement. And I'm not kicking anyone off the team. Jeez.

Your RB wants to skip the meaningless fiesta bowl so he doesn’t get hurt. According to you if he does that he’s off the team. It’s not a playoff game it’s a game against another P5 champ. Are you kicking him off the team?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your RB wants to skip the meaningless fiesta bowl so he doesn’t get hurt. According to you if he does that he’s off the team. It’s not a playoff game it’s a game against another P5 champ. Are you kicking him off the team?

If he's injured and it's a matter of saving his health, of course he can skip the game. You're being deliberately obtuse; health reasons, Mom's death, End Of The World, Giant Meteor Strike, Russian Invasion, 9.2 earthquake in his home town, etc., etc. are all legitimate excuses. I'm talking about the guy who just wants to fart off him team and skip a BIG game to get a jump on his NFL career. This isn't the NBA where the players run things. It's college football. Maybe one "Super Star" gets pissed off but a bunch of regular players would respect a coach for simply saying "Good luck, we're going to go win that game without you". You seem to have a problem with someone supposedly being "kicked off". No one is getting kicked off. They would be choosing to leave the team if it was worth that much to them.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's injured and it's a matter of saving his health, of course he can skip the game. You're being deliberately obtuse; health reasons, Mom's death, End Of The World, Giant Meteor Strike, Russian Invasion, 9.2 earthquake in his home town, etc., etc. are all legitimate excuses. I'm talking about the guy who just wants to fart off him team and skip a BIG game to get a jump on his NFL career. This isn't the NBA where the players run things. It's college football. Maybe one "Super Star" gets pissed off but a bunch of regular players would respect a coach for simply saying "Good luck, we're going to go win that game without you". You seem to have a problem with someone supposedly being "kicked off". No one is getting kicked off. They would be choosing to leave the team if it was worth that much to them.

Jesus fucking Christ man YOU as the head coach would be not permitting then to be part of the team. Therefore you would be kicking them off. It’s really not that hard to understand. You would not last in this day and age. It’s simple as that. Kids aren’t going to be sticking or committing if they aren’t part of the team for looking out for their well being and protecting what they could make. Your idea sounds good in theory but in this day and age has no legs to stand on. You wouldn’t be a HC for very long. At least not with a P5 team.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Saban kicked someone off the team for omitting themselves from a bowl game?"

When has that ever happened at Alabama under Saban?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I’m asking the question. Not stating it did.

Hasn't happened, to my knowledge. Can't imagine an Alabama player telling Saban he's skipping the bowl game. Players come to Alabama to compete at the highest level, not to weasel out on their teammates.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't happened, to my knowledge. Can't imagine an Alabama player telling Saban he's skipping the bowl game. Players come to Alabama to compete at the highest level, not to weasel out on their teammates.

Should bama not make the playoffs within the next 3 years there will be about a dozen gumps sitting out their also ran bowl. My argument to the sooner fan was if the head coach started kicking players off the team for that, the head coach wouldn’t last too long.