• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Virginia Tech @ North Carolina (Oct. 6, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they aren't going to fire anyone the next best thing would be maroon pants.

I think things are going to get so bad this year Beamer will do something. If you're not prepared for at least 3 more losses you better get prepared or feel the pain. I think there is enough talent to scrape by UNC and Miami IF the playcalling is right buut...there are those 2 offensive masterminds in the booth. So it's more likely going to be 4 more losses

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching every snap again, I have to say, play calling was fine, I really think execution and mental preparation is to blame. Oh, and effort on the part of the WRs in the first half, couldn't believe what I saw.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well when the QB and OGs are the ones not executing most of the time, and you know they suck, you are supposed to take it out of their hands or compensate for their failures. I don't see the playcalling doing that until the 2nd half of the last 2 games. This offense has to have success outside to set things up inside in my opinion, not the other way around

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How bad is VT this year? Syracuse beat Pitt 14-13. Syracuse came into the game 1-3 and barely beat Stony Brook by 11 for their only win.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is VT this year? Syracuse beat Pitt 14-13. Syracuse came into the game 1-3 and barely beat Stony Brook by 11 for their only win.

Give it a rest man. I don't know if we'll have enough to win tomorrow, but I know we're going to play hard and I know we're going to improve. Maybe something will change this off season, maybe not. For now look for the positives, we can still become a good team.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's best to hope for at least a 6 loss season or whatever it takes to force a change. It's actually better if fans stop going to games, quit donating so much, and start booing at the games. Change HAS to happen or you know what you're going to get every year. A shitty O-line and an OC that can't compensate for it

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's boo our fellow hokies because we're upset at a football game. That will show them.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Beamer has to be shown he's wrong and with some emphasis. He's gotten way too comfortable

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's best to hope for at least a 6 loss season or whatever it takes to force a change. It's actually better if fans stop going to games, quit donating so much, and start booing at the games. Change HAS to happen or you know what you're going to get every year. A shitty O-line and an OC that can't compensate for it

Well if that's the way you feel why not hope for a 9 loss season? I'll tell you why not, because our team still has pride, even if you don't.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck UNC.

VT - 30
UNC - 16

I buy that if the real Logan Thomas resurfaces. If Bizzaro LT shows up like he has all season, reverse the score.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not a bad fan really I just know what's best for the team. Change in the staff is what's best for the program in the long run. If this team somehow pulls the season together and manages 8-9 wins then Beamer is encouraged and only sees it as a bump in the road. He's just going to stay the course with the same sorry coaches that are holding the program back. I don't know about you guys but I saw a season like this coming where the coaching deficiencies on offense would finally rear their ugly head.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mean ask yourself these questions...when is Newsome going to become a good O-line coach? When is Stinespring going to get his shit together? I say never

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've not jumped ship yet but if Newsome is still the O-line coach after this year and Stinespring is still the OC then I'm picking a new team. I'm tired of it really. I'm tired of seeing the potential wasted in the hands of those two and tired of Beamer giving them chance after chance. If those two stay then it's a guarantee that VT will never win a national championship. No top tier program has coaches that unqualified on their staff and if they did they would've gotten rid of them a long time ago

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you in alot that you say fooz, and agree there should be some coaching changes. But to think that this should come at the cost of losses is ridiculous. That's right along the same lines of NFL fans (most recently some of my Redskins fans and Colts fans) wanting to throw games at the end of the season to improve draft position..ridiculous. I admit, it is a little bit disappointing that it could possibly take a 5-7 loss season to "force" Beamer to do this. It shouldn't have to be that way. But who is to say that even in that scenario changes would come?? Furthermore..sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side (concerning Stinespring/O Cain). For every example you could give where a team has successfully chucked a long time coordinator and been successful, you could probably find an instance where it was a bad move. Now in terms of Newsome..yeah. That seems like a no-brainer to me. The O-Line has been the most glaring weakness at VT for years.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've not jumped ship yet but if Newsome is still the O-line coach after this year and Stinespring is still the OC then I'm picking a new team.

So, you're saying that if Newsome and/or Stiney stay after this season -- you're picking a new team >> therefore will not need to frequent the Hokie SportsHoopla Board??

I'm not a big Newsome/Stiney fan either

...BUT

if you promise to leave, I'd rather they stay

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, you're saying that if Newsome and/or Stiney stay after this season -- you're picking a new team >> therefore will not need to frequent the Hokie SportsHoopla Board??

I'm not a big Newsome/Stiney fan either

...BUT

if you promise to leave, I'd rather they stay

Yes to all of that even if there are only 2 more losses the rest of the way. Stinespring should stay but be demoted. That is unless Beamer can get someone else on board that can recruit as well as him, then I'd be fine with him leaving altogether too. But I don't think you know what you're saying. Clemson and FSU are no longer wasting their talent. The current staff is not going to be able to win the ACC anymore even with recruiting improvements. The quality of coaching on the offensive side is just too much to overcome. I don't think things are going to get back to the way they were next year

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good luck today everyone. Einstein Bagels and beer tells me that today is going to be great.