• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Virginia Tech @ North Carolina (Oct. 6, 2012)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kBXhX.png

LET'S GET THIS SHIT BACK ON TRACK!!

LET'S GO HOKIES

Have at it boys!

(Thanks to UTVolCountry for the graphic)

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be en route to London, hopefully I can get set up in the hotel room and stream the second half.

Enough about me, Lets Go Hokies! Turn this shit around and get it together!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeling great at all going into this one. Their linemen are playing much better than ours. Their offense is pretty good, ours is not. Unless the VT O gets going early and often, this one may be out of reach by halftime. VT can definetely win, but not if they continue to have 2 first downs and 75 yards per half..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not feeling great at all going into this one. Their linemen are playing much better than ours. Their offense is pretty good, ours is not. Unless the VT O gets going early and often, this one may be out of reach by halftime. VT can definetely win, but not if they continue to have 2 first downs and 75 yards per half..

a lot being said both in the paper and and on the radio last night about slow starts, People can say frank is complacent, old, etc etc etc but he didnt sound happy about that first Q stat line for the year.

As far as UNC is concerned I cant think of a non special teams scenario (i.e. their run v/s our D, our run v/s their D, etc) where i feel like we have an advantage.

From what i little i have watched UNC and the stuff i've been reading they thrive off QB pressure and playing in the offensive backfield on D. We have the players to counter that, my question is if/when we will call the plays or get the execution to make it happen.

On defense we have yet to stop anything and UNC will be the best offense we have faced. I think they get Bernard back at RB so i look for them to be pretty balanced and hard to defend. FWIW they are 23rd passing and 55th rushing <-----while their best RB has basically only played in 1.5 games total.

If we can pick up where we left off on O at fed-ex and play an entire game on D we have a fighters chance in this one. If we play the way we have for the majority of the season it could get ugly.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
mentioned this in the other thead but think it belongs here.

Bill Roth mentioned on TTL that he had talked to someone at Chapel Hill and they are treating this as their bowl game and are extra fired up for fedora(sp?) first home ACC game.

Also keep in mind that for some reason a lot of unc fans/players blame VT not NCst for them getting caught cheating, so i'd expect an inspired crowd saturday.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also keep in mind that for some reason a lot of unc fans/players blame VT not NCst for them getting caught cheating, so i'd expect an inspired crowd saturday.

:twitch:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would consider that an honor. I have no idea what to think about this game. Win or lose I just want to see improvement.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if I am welcome here...but:

1. Bernard is back (he played against ECU and Idaho).
2. This is the first I have heard that any UNC fans blame VT for getting caught.
3. The stadium should be packed and filled (but i expect VT to help fill it up).
4. Carolina will be unveiling new helmets, and the game has been themed a "white-out"
5. I would think UNC has the advantage on special teams (even though VT is famous for Beamer Ball)

I dont know what to expect from this game because our secondary is our weakness, but isnt your passing game a weakness. Our defense was bad in the two games we played against decent competition. I just hope both teams come ready to play.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We always struggle against Carolina, even when we're good. This is going to be a battle.

I haven't seen much of Carolina this year, but I do recall them being sloppy in their pass coverage the past couple of years. They'd get some turnovers, but would give up yards too. Their run defense is typicaly good. I assume not much has changed over the course of one year.

It's wait and see for us I think. Not much to analyze. We all know that the Hokies will lose if their play is in line with the first five games. To be honest, I'm dreading the game, but these guys need as much support as possible. Loud and proud, acouple orange tees in a sea of white, if that what it comes to. Go Hokies!

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there for this one. First game in a while. Was a lot more confident back when I bought the tickets, but I ain't backing out now. As ACC just said, the team needs our support. LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there for this one. First game in a while. Was a lot more confident back when I bought the tickets, but I ain't backing out now. As ACC just said, the team needs our support. LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Please wear your white Virginia Tech shirt

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there with the fam....wearing our brightest ORANGE and MAROON! The season is already down the drain for me as I don't expect us to compete with Clemson or FSU, so I am just hoping to see improvement this week and a good football game.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. This is the first I have heard that any UNC fans blame VT for getting caught.
3. The stadium should be packed and filled (but i expect VT to help fill it up).
4. Carolina will be unveiling new helmets, and the game has been themed a "white-out"
5. I would think UNC has the advantage on special teams (even though VT is famous for Beamer Ball)

I dont know what to expect from this game because our secondary is our weakness, but isnt your passing game a weakness. Our defense was bad in the two games we played against decent competition. I just hope both teams come ready to play.

Our weaknesses if you look at out first 5 games are passing offense, rushing offense, passing defense, and rushing defense. Our strengths are punting and punt coverage, punt returns, field goal kicking, and kickoff coverage. We are OK at kickoffs and kickoff returns.

However, we've shown glimpses of strength in all our percieved weaknesses and we definently have the talent. Who knows what team will show up.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our weaknesses if you look at out first 5 games are passing offense, rushing offense, passing defense, and rushing defense. Our strengths are punting and punt coverage, punt returns, field goal kicking, and kickoff coverage. We are OK at kickoffs and kickoff returns.

However, we've shown glimpses of strength in all our percieved weaknesses and we definently have the talent. Who knows what team will show up.

Our strength is definitely our offense (with Bernard). We have blocked 3 punts this year, and have a punt return. Hopefully that can neutralize your punt coverage. Our kickoff coverage pinned Idaho on the 1 (even though this has more to do with Idaho than us). Other than that, it is nothing very special.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our strength is definitely our offense (with Bernard). We have blocked 3 punts this year, and have a punt return. Hopefully that can neutralize your punt coverage. Our kickoff coverage pinned Idaho on the 1 (even though this has more to do with Idaho than us). Other than that, it is nothing very special.

I don't really worry about teams blocking our punts. Not impossible, but improbable.

How on earth do you pin someone on the 1 on a kickoff?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really worry about teams blocking our punts. Not impossible, but improbable.

How on earth do you pin someone on the 1 on a kickoff?

Well i guess we didnt really pin them, they kind of pinned themselves. He caught it like two yards deep and started to run and tried to stop, but he was already out and then he just had nowhere to go.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jesus_agrees_gtfo_gif.gif

:D

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a really good feeling about this game. We have a huge chip on our shoulder, and you better believe Foster will have the D pumped up