• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: 49ers @ Cardinals

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, we all knew the first part of the season would be tough. We post it prior to the season, but go ballistic when it happens. Agree, the team has to move on, has to keep adjusting/fixing. Fans 'point fingers all the time, but the team has to stay focused.

That first game win looms even larger now, cause without it even the players would be questioning this Staff.

Exactly...the first 6 games looked like murderers row from the get go...not just for us...but for any other team in the league...there are no gimmies in this lot of teams...5 out of 6 were in the playoffs last year. Despite our losses we dominated Minny so I think it gave us a lot of false hope. We've come crashing down now and are in a true David vs. Goliath situation facing the Pack...they look pretty impressive...Rodgers is a gunslinger and arguably the best QB in the league...at present he sure is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should they have done instead? take any draft class you want, any FA you want, what should Baalke have done to address the Oline? But if you cite a FA, you'll have to justify his cap hit too.

Cause i don't think Baalke chose to ignore the O-line. He may have made poor draft choices, but drafting linemen is the opposite of ignoring the line.
Also, Davis "retired" VERY late in the off-season. Hard to fill holes that didnt exist in the hole-filling portion of the off-season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well so far his FA pick ups have not been good this year. So overall Baalke did nothing in my mind to help this team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well so far his FA pick ups have not been good this year. So overall Baalke did nothing in my mind to help this team.

it is easy to say this without the context of salary cap. not only the cap hit for this season, but also beyond. ie we can SAY sign any FA we want to help this team, but it comes with cap cost.

The better the FA, the more you overpay. That is what free agency is, going to the highest bidder. Please don't cite the few examples where someone took less, yes there are cases, but it isn't a lot less. Then you'd be implying Baalke can get any FA he wants, at less cost. We all know that isn't true.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is easy to say this without the context of salary cap. not only the cap hit for this season, but also beyond. ie we can SAY sign any FA we want to help this team, but it comes with cap cost.

The better the FA, the more you overpay. That is what free agency is, going to the highest bidder. Please don't cite the few examples where someone took less, yes there are cases, but it isn't a lot less. Then you'd be implying Baalke can get any FA he wants, at less cost. We all know that isn't true.

I don't care about the Cap. We are way under the Cap. We lost a lot of players and he didn't help fill this team out to compete at a high level. Only FA I like is Smith and we cant get him the ball because the Oline sucks. Bush was a ok risk pick up but we all knew how injury prone he was. Baalke has done a poor job in FA. They are afraid to make the big move. Like I said before for 3 years we were 1 player away from winning a super bowl and he never made the move. Damn he had 2 tries at Revis. If we land Revis we win at least 1 super bowl. Perfect example: Pats last year. They knew they needed him.

Only thing I like about baalke is that he does find that diamond in the rough every now and then.

Next statement is off track:
Anybody see that stat about GB. They have 3 guys who played on multiple teams. The rest is built through the draft. I thought that was impressive. More impressive they have more 6th rd players or later playing for them then any other team. Their GM is good at the draft not at FA. They been 1-2 player away for awhile and he hasn't got them help.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL you build a team through the draft. Free agency is good for teams that are contenders and might just need to add a piece here or there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL you build a team through the draft. Free agency is good for teams that are contenders and might just need to add a piece here or there.
I agree with this statement but even when we were 1 or 2 players away they still never made the move.