• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Cowboys at Eagles

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasted three hours of my precious life to watch this riotous clown show

Offensive line to me is the biggest problem - it has given the QB, RB's and rest of the offense the bug - that was my main concern going into the season, they can't protect the QB and the offense has zero flow because of them

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted a bigger contract. A smart coach make's him play it out. Nice try though.

He said pay me more or trade me. But yeah, keep acting like it's all Chip's fault.

There's plenty of things to blame Chip for. Mathis isn't one of them. Stop being stupid.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Shady was faulted for dancing around too much and DM was a north/south type runner. Seems like he got tackled behind the line of scrimmage today running plays to the outside. I'm not sure he's being used properly.

G

greenwing

He said pay me more or trade me. But yeah, keep acting like it's all Chip's fault.

There's plenty of things to blame Chip for. Mathis isn't one of them. Stop being stupid.
No. Drew rosencrap said that. Not Mathis. Stop pretending you know More than you do. No player in their early thirties tries to outbid themselves without a shity agent. He lost money on the long run. He was misguided by rosencrap

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Drew rosencrap said that. Not Mathis. Stop pretending you know More than you do. No player in their early thirties tries to outbid themselves without a shity agent. He lost money on the long run. He was misguided by rosencrap

So stop blaming Chip if you think Mathis's agent is to blame.

G

greenwing

I thought Shady was faulted for dancing around too much and DM was a north/south type runner. Seems like he got tackled behind the line of scrimmage today running plays to the outside. I'm not sure he's being used properly.
Line is not blocking. Period.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blaming Chip for not being smartrr than Mathis. It's not that hard to understand If you have a brain.

lol, ok. Carry on with your brainy self. smiley-laughing009.gif

Like I said before, there's plenty to be pissed at Chip about. Mathis deciding he wasn't happy with the contract he signed isn't one of them. I guess you feel Chip should have kept Mathis, even though he'd have been a malcontent. Whatever. Believe what you want mister braniac.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosencreep is a big problem. Always was, and is. However, any player can fire his agent, and Mathis is stupid for listening to Rosenpuke. Chip is at fault for not strengthening the line, since he has the control. I love him, but he has the blame. The key will be if he can get a LG, and move Barbre to RG, IMO.

G

greenwing

lol, ok. Carry on with your brainy self. View attachment 31496

Like I said before, there's plenty to be pissed at Chip about. Mathis deciding he wasn't happy with the contract he signed isn't one of them. I guess you feel Chip should have kept Mathis, even though he'd have been a malcontent. Whatever. Believe what you want mister braniac.
Let's pretend that Mathis got ahead of himself because he was playing lights out. Let's pretend rosencrap said all the right things to increase that ego for a bigger contract. As a GM you have to recognize that but also have to respect the talent that helps your team. Chip is not a good GM. This isn't college ball. Everyone in the NFL has talent. You have to keep your good players if you can for the good if the team. Not release them by because they aren't the kids who obeyed you in college ball. The NFL is a different ball game.

Last edited by a moderator:

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was kelly's decision to cut him ergo....

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss off jackas
Way to respond in a constructive, mature manner to his well-reasoned and fairly well-backed point.

People like you are the reason I hate most Eagles fans.

In totally unrelated news, watching the Seahawks and Packers... Rogers is such a pleasure to watch after the shitshow Bradford treated me to today.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I still think Chip Kelly is a very intelligent head coach. I think the NFL has now caught up to his offense, they have figured him out. The great head coaches look at game tape, see what the defense "IS" giving them, and restructure their game plan and or philosophy to adapt to the changes. I believe Chip will do this. I believe Chip got punched in the mouth, but as our own Rocky Balboa said “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was malcontent last year and you didn't even know it. So... "culture" 0-2 right now.

G

greenwing

Let's pretençd that Mathis git ahead of himself because he was playing lights out. Let's pretend rosencrap said all the right things to increase that ego for a bigger contract. As a GM you have to recognize that but also have to respect the talent that helps your team. Chip is not a good GM. This isn't college ball. Everyone in the BFL has talent. You have to keep your good players if you can for the good if the team. Not release them by because they aren't the kids who obey you in college ball. The NFL is a different ball game.

You are an idiot aren't you

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I still think Chip Kelly is a very intelligent head coach. I think the NFL has now caught up to his offense, they have figured him out. The great head coaches look at game tape, see what the defense "IS" giving them, and restructure their game plan and or philosophy to adapt to the changes. I believe Chip will do this. I believe Chip got punched in the mouth, but as our own Rocky Balboa said “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
One of The best and most inspiring Quotes ever stated! Rocky was smarter than most realized! When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't live in Philly so don't get post game coverage. Did Chip say anything of substance in the post-game press conference or did he stonewall and say nothing as is his norm?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

Chip does have control over the roster but I don't blame him for that - you can't let that be a distraction like the Seahawks/Kam Chancellor situation is becoming right now

The one thing he could have done is let him go much earlier in the offseason and then looked for immediate OL help but I don't necessarily think that was something on his mind considering all of the other moves he had already made

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the offensive line is not giving the running back any chance, then he has no choice but to go outside, otherwise he'll get killed going straight ahead - they have to start opening holes for him - once they do then he'll be at his strengths - I'm not sure Chip can do that much at this point to retool the system to help that cause, he got him with the idea that the offensive line would be able to create the holes for him to go straight ahead - he's putting responsibility on the o-line now

Chip pretty much ripped the offensive line a new asshole without specifically calling them out - it starts and ends with them - if the offensive line doesn't get their shit together, it hurts not just the offense but the defense - defense will die of exhaustion by the middle of the season if every game is played like this

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will win next week.....But this hurts bad, especially since it was Dallas in our house.
We don't do well with Dallas in our house. We do well in Jerry's house and they get us in our house. :noidea: