• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Cowboys at Eagles

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last parting comment about this game.....if ever there was Justice how about the fact that a TEXAS Longhorns football player Jordan Hicks wrecked Tony Romo and destroyed perhaps Dallas's entire season. :thumb: The same player most Cowboys fans probably rooted for in college, Hicks wrecked their starting QB.:clap:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip really did believe that interior players on the OL were easily replaceable. Thus no reason to keep putting up with Mathis and his agent's crap. The problem is that when it comes down to it, Mathis has been bytchin' about his contract for 2 years, yet came in and played quite well when the time came. I think that taking him out of the mix not only has affected Jason Peters, but also Kelce at Center as there is no cohesiveness. Good OL's are ones that are together for a while ... next man up doesn't work very well on the Offensive Line. Look at the running games for Denver and Seattle ... two other teams who lost important cogs from last season.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip really did believe that interior players on the OL were easily replaceable. Thus no reason to keep putting up with Mathis and his agent's crap. The problem is that when it comes down to it, Mathis has been bytchin' about his contract for 2 years, yet came in and played quite well when the time came. I think that taking him out of the mix not only has affected Jason Peters, but also Kelce at Center as there is no cohesiveness. Good OL's are ones that are together for a while ... next man up doesn't work very well on the Offensive Line. Look at the running games for Denver and Seattle ... two other teams who lost important cogs from last season.

True - though I think that Kelly - and perhaps also many of us fans, I know I was - was somewhat mislead by the way the O-line performed last season. Despite much more chaos as far as personnel is concerned, it was never as bad as it was today or for most of the game against Atlanta.