• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are drafting 5th

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope shark you don't need good safetys and'corners if you have a badass dline and pass rush so I say dline and oline that's it start with'both'lines. If we can boost are dlines that will help bigtime for are cb and saftys boost are olines that will help are rbs and qbs. Just fix both lines

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna know who's making those picks, period, what is he basing the pick on and how much he trusts his scouting department and his own ability to scout/evaluate his own team. Lacking strength at one or all of these points, then I say that whoever we draft is irrelevant.

I don't want to scare anybody, but this team finished 3-13 a season ago, there were too many misses when attempting to upgrade that sorry team with the draft and free agency. The result 4-12. Good-luck, we're all gonna need it!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demand a stymie 10 step plan to fix this wreck . We did have some key injury losses d hall and orackpo hell in even that incho guy was'good till he played he got hurt out'for year in one play maybe we just had to many injuries

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope shark you don't need good safetys and'corners if you have a badass dline and pass rush so I say dline and oline that's it start with'both'lines. If we can boost are dlines that will help bigtime for are cb and saftys boost are olines that will help are rbs and qbs. Just fix both lines

we should be all about getting value for our pick and not reaching for an o/lineman . if an o/lineman rates the 5th overall then we should pick him but lets not go o/line or bust with the 1st pick

we can get talent for the o/line later (2-4) but i am against o/line or bust

we need LOS safety , and te

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should be all about getting value for our pick and not reaching for an o/lineman . if an o/lineman rates the 5th overall then we should pick him but lets not go o/line or bust with the 1st pick

we can get talent for the o/line later (2-4) but i am against o/line or bust

we need LOS safety , and te

The odds of there being a good O-lineman available when we pick at five are rather good dont you think?? And i do think selling out to fix the O-line is exactly the way we should go. You of all people who have been screaming for exactly that the past ten years now think we might not be able to find a GOOD to great player for the o-line at #5??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demand a stymie 10 step plan to fix this wreck . We did have some key injury losses d hall and orackpo hell in even that incho guy was'good till he played he got hurt out'for year in one play maybe we just had to many injuries

Give me time and you'll have it.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of there being a good O-lineman available when we pick at five are rather good dont you think?? And i do think selling out to fix the O-line is exactly the way we should go. You of all people who have been screaming for exactly that the past ten years now think we might not be able to find a GOOD to great player for the o-line at #5??

I think we can get the best o-lineman available at #5. We are set up nicely with the other teams drafting in front of us as long as both those QBs are taken in top 4. I would like Gregory, Williams or either of the OT.

1) Bucs - Jameis Winston - QB
2) Titans - Marcus Mariota - QB
3) Jags - Randy Gregory - DE/OLB
4) Raiders - Leonard Williams - DT/DE
5) Skins - Ronnie Stanley - OT or Andrus Peat - OT

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think we will find a great player at 5 in this draft . all i am saying is lets not reach for an o/lineman at 5

not when we can get a good one later

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think we will find a great player at 5 in this draft . all i am saying is lets not reach for an o/lineman at 5

I thought there were a couple of good Tackles projected to go in the top 10 this year? If they are top 10 talent, then they are not a reach at 5.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, I dont think we would be reaching for the O-lineman at #5. Sure we reached for a QB (fuck all did we reach), but honestly I think there are at least two and possibly three OTs in this coming draft who will be worthy of a top five pick even if they dont go that high because odds are Tampa and Tenn make the QB pick. So unless some one trades up to our spot or over us to get them, I think Peat, Scherff and possibly one other top flight OT will be there for us. And as most are hell bent on firing Haslett, and Wade seems to be the front runner, I seriously hope we dont burn the top five or even a top ten pick on a defensive player since I expect our defense to well and truly be an epic sort of bad.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brandon Schreff is available and we don't draft him it will confirm if not already that we have the worst management in football and please don't say it's the players fault not Snyders and management, they're the ones that create and build this joke we call a franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I dont think we would be reaching for the O-lineman at #5. Sure we reached for a QB (fuck all did we reach), but honestly I think there are at least two and possibly three OTs in this coming draft who will be worthy of a top five pick even if they dont go that high because odds are Tampa and Tenn make the QB pick. So unless some one trades up to our spot or over us to get them, I think Peat, Scherff and possibly one other top flight OT will be there for us. And as most are hell bent on firing Haslett, and Wade seems to be the front runner, I seriously hope we dont burn the top five or even a top ten pick on a defensive player since I expect our defense to well and truly be an epic sort of bad.

didnt you say that a top 5 pick had to be elite ? now if you are asking me if there is a top ten tackle in this draft who will be elite then i say no there isnt

i see guys who can really help us for a decade but certainly not elite

now senior bowls and combines could change my opinion but at this point i dont see it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hold up wait. If we use the 5th pick on a guy now he better be sure fire elite. But when we used 3 first rounders on a single player... he didnt need to be elite from jump??

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI just did a top 10 mock 30 minutes ago.
2015 NFL Mock Draft update: Marcus Mariota to Tampa Bay Buccaneers - NFL - SI.com

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
It will take something rather significant here -- the Bucs trading for Jay Cutler, Mariota returning to school, etc. -- for this connection to be bypassed. Tampa Bay has no choice but to attempt a quarterback upgrade this offseason, and Mariota brings very few worries to the table. A lot can and will change in the next four months. This may not.

2. Tennessee Titans (2-14): Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska
Here's why this pick is Gregory over Leonard Williams: the Titans' pass rush is a nightmare. Williams could help in that regard by creating a push up the middle or drawing attention to free up teammates, but there still would be no one capable of finishing the job outside. Starting with Jurrell Casey, Tennessee has some talent up front. It needs more off the edge.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13): Leonard Williams, DT, USC
A guy of Williams' ability is only going to slip so far, provided he keeps it together over the next few months. Here, he lands in a Gus Bradley defense that could use another game-changing talent in its rotation. Williams can move around in three- and four-man fronts, leaving plenty of options available for Bradley, who already has Sen'Derrick Marks, Roy Miller and Chris Clemons up front.

4. Oakland Raiders (3-13): Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
For Derek Carr to take a Year 2 step from promising QB to legitimate franchise-level option, he needs more help. While James Jones finished 2014 with a career-high in receptions and TE Mychal Rivera has emerged, the clear need for a true No. 1 receiver remains present. Cooper has what it takes to fit the bill.

5. Washington Redskins (4-12):
Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
Too high? Maybe. There are several offensive linemen with Round 1 potential in this class, though the jury is still out on how high any of them can climb. The mauling Scherff not only is the safest, most NFL-ready bet, he projects well at either right tackle or guard and might even be able to stay at left tackle in a pinch.

6. New York Jets (4-12): Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
Another spot where it gets very interesting, for one obvious reason: Jameis Winston. He will generate one of the more divisive long-term discussions the draft process has seen in a long time. The physical tools are there, as are the on-field leadership and ability to excel under pressure. What about the numerous interceptions this season, though? Or, perhaps a more pressing question, how will he adjust to the NFL after a rocky college career? Fair or not, Johnny Manziel's rookie shenanigans could hurt Winston's case.
So where might the Jets turn if they skip on a QB here? Other than perhaps wide receiver, depending on Percy Harvin's status, just about everything's on the table. With or without Rex Ryan, however, they need a pass-rusher to complement Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson inside. Beasley is a dynamo.

7. Chicago Bears (5-11): Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Have avoided this selection for Chicago in the past couple of mocks because A) Collins would be at least a slight reach here; and B) the real value can be found at other positions, like those plentiful DE/OLB types. The flip side of the argument is that Collins definitely warrants high-Round 1 consideration and the Bears are in dire need at this position.

8. Atlanta Falcons (6-10): Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri
Had the Falcons not just spent last year's first-round pick on OT Jake Matthews, I'd say the O-line is where their draft search should start. Even with Matthews in the fold, the Falcons may not mind doubling down. Injuries have hammered that line this season, and Sunday's showing against Carolina was yet another reminder that Matt Ryan is not well-enough protected.
Should the Falcons opt to look elsewhere, they, like the Titans, will do what they can to add some pass-rushing punch. In Ray, they land an extremely quick DE/OLB hybrid, capable of being a three-down player in the NFL.

9. New York Giants (6-10): Shaq Thompson, LB
The Giants showed at least a little bit of life down the stretch, though the real reason for optimism still stands in the form of Odell Beckham Jr. He and Eli Manning were lights-out over the second half of the season, forming a building block for 2015, should Manning return. The most logical choice might be to help Manning with another talented lineman -- La'el Collins, Ronnie Stanley and Cedric Ogbuehi are among the players that might be available.
Instead, at least for now, let's pencil the Giants in for an impact guy on defense. Thompson is an exciting prospect who can sit in coverage, chase down the football, blitz or even handle some carries if he's called upon to do so. New York has had to use a patchwork linebacking corps the past couple of seasons. Thompson would count as a solid step in the right direction.

10. St. Louis Rams (6-10): Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
The Rams have played well at times with Shaun Hill at the helm. They also have youngster Austin Davis and have talked about bringing back Sam Bradford next season. Would any of those options really leave St. Louis fans feeling comfortable heading into 2015?
Maybe the addition of Winston does not cross that bridge, either. Of course, he also could be the missing piece for a promising team that has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Step 1.........Goodbye Bruce Allen GM hello Bruce Allen President in charge of contract and cap
management.

Step 2. Hello New GM Eric Decosta, 43 y/o personnel man from Baltimore. None of that 65 y/o A.J. Smith
B.S. A GM who works with the HC and his staff and is dedicated to the task of constantly looking
to upgrade.

Step 3. How many zeros are on that check? This coming from DeCosta when looking at the check handed
to him to upgrade the scouting department.

Step 4. Goodbye to dead wood, this includes players from A to Z on this roster. I don't care how many
rookies or 2nd year players start (see free agency).....it's a rebuild anyway.

Step 5. Trades.........Garcon leads the pack here, get what we can for them bolster the draft or
upgrade the roster.

**At the break, here's a quiz: What does RGIII, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Moses, Licht, Paul, and Cofield all have in common?

Step 6. Goodbye Defensive staff you've been replaced by all new guys.

Step 7. Draft, 1st pick O-line RT Tackle, 2nd pick R guard...Moses back to LT behind Williams. All other
picks are focused on DL and DB's and surprise a big WR.

Step 7. Become very active in free agency beginning with the signing of N. Suh. Yeah yeah I know, he's
gonna be a headache off of the field, but also one on it for the opposition. OT Brian Bulaga and DT
T. Knighton, OG's J. Carpenter and O. Franklin, Safeties J. Johnson, D. Stewart, among others
would be targets as well.

Step 8. Keep and eye towards the future....Identify current players in school and follow their careers with
the intent on making them our players through future trades or shifts in the draft. Classic
example, Damien Mama

Step 9. Make the most of this off-season, particularly with respects to training/retraining the QB position.

Step 10. Transparency, hold a presser telling the public exactly what the identity of this team/
organization is going to be from here out. Work tirelessly to make it a reality.

** Answer to quiz: they all were experiments, playing out of their natural positions

A few bonus changes:

1. No more experiments, you want an OLB draft/trade for one, TE, draft/trade for one. Pocket passer draft/trade for one etc.....etc...

2. Drop that horrific R____-Nation show host and play by play guy, make him a team official cheerleader if they must, give him the title V.P of sideline entertainment.

................AND the one that's gonna start a lot of unwanted shyt...............

3. Warhawks, (name change*) with the 70th Anniversary uniforms becoming standard home and away wear. An upgraded spear on either an upgraded solid gold or burgundy helmet.

*Warhawks related to political stance.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that's all for this off-season..................I will adjust and readjust in future years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hold up wait. If we use the 5th pick on a guy now he better be sure fire elite. But when we used 3 first rounders on a single player... he didnt need to be elite from jump??

you said a top 5 pick should be elite , your words , not mine

Rg3 needed to be elite and in 3 years he hasnt shown it , and hence again that is why you dont gut 2 drafts to trade up for an alleged franchise qb whether he is bradford , sanchez or Rg3

now if we draft an guy at 5 he has to be elite . that doesnt mean in year one or even 2 but by year 3 he needs to be and that is just me giving picks 3 years to develop

now again if you are asking me if i see an o/lineman in this draft , that i figure to be "elite " i will say no

if you are asking me if i see an o/lineman who will be very good and push some pro bowls for the next 12 years i will say yes

but again your standard you stated a few weeks ago is that a top 5 pick must be elite (could be 10)

are you coming off that standard now ?

me personally , with this draft , if the standard is elite , we will be disappointed

if the standard for this draft only is very good and solves our problem at that particular o/line position , then we will be alright

i see pretty good depth at the LOS this draft on both sides of the ball so all i am saying is if elite isnt there at 5 for the o/line then see if it is there at another position we can use

i see 2 olb's who might fill the bill at 5 or a trade down

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1.........Goodbye Bruce Allen GM hello Bruce Allen President in charge of contract and cap
management.

Step 2. Hello New GM Eric Decosta, 43 y/o personnel man from Baltimore. None of that 65 y/o A.J. Smith
B.S. A GM who works with the HC and his staff and is dedicated to the task of constantly looking
to upgrade.

Step 3. How many zeros are on that check? This coming from DeCosta when looking at the check handed
to him to upgrade the scouting department.

Step 4. Goodbye to dead wood, this includes players from A to Z on this roster. I don't care how many
rookies or 2nd year players start (see free agency).....it's a rebuild anyway.

Step 5. Trades.........Garcon leads the pack here, get what we can for them bolster the draft or
upgrade the roster.

**At the break, here's a quiz: What does RGIII, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Moses, Licht, Paul, and Cofield all have in common?

Step 6. Goodbye Defensive staff you've been replaced by all new guys.

Step 7. Draft, 1st pick O-line RT Tackle, 2nd pick R guard...Moses back to LT behind Williams. All other
picks are focused on DL and DB's and surprise a big WR.

Step 7. Become very active in free agency beginning with the signing of N. Suh. Yeah yeah I know, he's
gonna be a headache off of the field, but also one on it for the opposition. OT Brian Bulaga and DT
T. Knighton, OG's J. Carpenter and O. Franklin, Safeties J. Johnson, D. Stewart, among others
would be targets as well.

Step 8. Keep and eye towards the future....Identify current players in school and follow their careers with
the intent on making them our players through future trades or shifts in the draft. Classic
example, Damien Mama

Step 9. Make the most of this off-season, particularly with respects to training/retraining the QB position.

Step 10. Transparency, hold a presser telling the public exactly what the identity of this team/
organization is going to be from here out. Work tirelessly to make it a reality.

** Answer to quiz: they all were experiments, playing out of their natural positions

A few bonus changes:

1. No more experiments, you want an OLB draft/trade for one, TE, draft/trade for one. Pocket passer draft/trade for one etc.....etc...

2. Drop that horrific R____-Nation show host and play by play guy, make him a team official cheerleader if they must, give him the title V.P of sideline entertainment.

................AND the one that's gonna start a lot of unwanted shyt...............

3. Warhawks, (name change*) with the 70th Anniversary uniforms becoming standard home and away wear. An upgraded spear on either an upgraded solid gold or burgundy helmet.

*Warhawks related to political stance.

no name change at all .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said a top 5 pick should be elite , your words , not mine

Rg3 needed to be elite and in 3 years he hasnt shown it , and hence again that is why you dont gut 2 drafts to trade up for an alleged franchise qb whether he is bradford , sanchez or Rg3

now if we draft an guy at 5 he has to be elite . that doesnt mean in year one or even 2 but by year 3 he needs to be and that is just me giving picks 3 years to develop

now again if you are asking me if i see an o/lineman in this draft , that i figure to be "elite " i will say no

if you are asking me if i see an o/lineman who will be very good and push some pro bowls for the next 12 years i will say yes

but again your standard you stated a few weeks ago is that a top 5 pick must be elite (could be 10)

are you coming off that standard now ?

me personally , with this draft , if the standard is elite , we will be disappointed

if the standard for this draft only is very good and solves our problem at that particular o/line position , then we will be alright

i see pretty good depth at the LOS this draft on both sides of the ball so all i am saying is if elite isnt there at 5 for the o/line then see if it is there at another position we can use

i see 2 olb's who might fill the bill at 5 or a trade down

I see two O-lineman who fill the bill. Scherff and Peat. One of the two will likely be there for us at #5.

Secondly, according to most around here (and yes I do include you in that) there is no position we need more than Offensive line.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as crazy as all that seems stymie, there's a lot of good shit in there.