• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are drafting 5th

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins should trade a few future first rounders and try to pick up Jameis Winston 1st or 2nd overall.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1.........Goodbye Bruce Allen GM hello Bruce Allen President in charge of contract and cap
management.

Step 2. Hello New GM Eric Decosta, 43 y/o personnel man from Baltimore. None of that 65 y/o A.J. Smith
B.S. A GM who works with the HC and his staff and is dedicated to the task of constantly looking
to upgrade.

Step 3. How many zeros are on that check? This coming from DeCosta when looking at the check handed
to him to upgrade the scouting department.

Step 4. Goodbye to dead wood, this includes players from A to Z on this roster. I don't care how many
rookies or 2nd year players start (see free agency).....it's a rebuild anyway.

Step 5. Trades.........Garcon leads the pack here, get what we can for them bolster the draft or
upgrade the roster.

**At the break, here's a quiz: What does RGIII, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Moses, Licht, Paul, and Cofield all have in common?

Step 6. Goodbye Defensive staff you've been replaced by all new guys.

Step 7. Draft, 1st pick O-line RT Tackle, 2nd pick R guard...Moses back to LT behind Williams. All other
picks are focused on DL and DB's and surprise a big WR.

Step 7. Become very active in free agency beginning with the signing of N. Suh. Yeah yeah I know, he's
gonna be a headache off of the field, but also one on it for the opposition. OT Brian Bulaga and DT
T. Knighton, OG's J. Carpenter and O. Franklin, Safeties J. Johnson, D. Stewart, among others
would be targets as well.

Step 8. Keep and eye towards the future....Identify current players in school and follow their careers with
the intent on making them our players through future trades or shifts in the draft. Classic
example, Damien Mama

Step 9. Make the most of this off-season, particularly with respects to training/retraining the QB position.

Step 10. Transparency, hold a presser telling the public exactly what the identity of this team/
organization is going to be from here out. Work tirelessly to make it a reality.

** Answer to quiz: they all were experiments, playing out of their natural positions

A few bonus changes:

1. No more experiments, you want an OLB draft/trade for one, TE, draft/trade for one. Pocket passer draft/trade for one etc.....etc...

2. Drop that horrific R____-Nation show host and play by play guy, make him a team official cheerleader if they must, give him the title V.P of sideline entertainment.

................AND the one that's gonna start a lot of unwanted shyt...............

3. Warhawks, (name change*) with the 70th Anniversary uniforms becoming standard home and away wear. An upgraded spear on either an upgraded solid gold or burgundy helmet.

*Warhawks related to political stance.
this is great stuff stymie your right on also maybe go back to the white jersy with the maroon looking pants I'm sick of the red on yellow

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1.........Goodbye Bruce Allen GM hello Bruce Allen President in charge of contract and cap
management.

Step 2. Hello New GM Eric Decosta, 43 y/o personnel man from Baltimore. None of that 65 y/o A.J. Smith
B.S. A GM who works with the HC and his staff and is dedicated to the task of constantly looking
to upgrade.

Step 3. How many zeros are on that check? This coming from DeCosta when looking at the check handed
to him to upgrade the scouting department.

Step 4. Goodbye to dead wood, this includes players from A to Z on this roster. I don't care how many
rookies or 2nd year players start (see free agency).....it's a rebuild anyway.

Step 5. Trades.........Garcon leads the pack here, get what we can for them bolster the draft or
upgrade the roster.

**At the break, here's a quiz: What does RGIII, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Moses, Licht, Paul, and Cofield all have in common?

Step 6. Goodbye Defensive staff you've been replaced by all new guys.

Step 7. Draft, 1st pick O-line RT Tackle, 2nd pick R guard...Moses back to LT behind Williams. All other
picks are focused on DL and DB's and surprise a big WR.

Step 7. Become very active in free agency beginning with the signing of N. Suh. Yeah yeah I know, he's
gonna be a headache off of the field, but also one on it for the opposition. OT Brian Bulaga and DT
T. Knighton, OG's J. Carpenter and O. Franklin, Safeties J. Johnson, D. Stewart, among others
would be targets as well.

Step 8. Keep and eye towards the future....Identify current players in school and follow their careers with
the intent on making them our players through future trades or shifts in the draft. Classic
example, Damien Mama

Step 9. Make the most of this off-season, particularly with respects to training/retraining the QB position.

Step 10. Transparency, hold a presser telling the public exactly what the identity of this team/
organization is going to be from here out. Work tirelessly to make it a reality.

** Answer to quiz: they all were experiments, playing out of their natural positions

A few bonus changes:

1. No more experiments, you want an OLB draft/trade for one, TE, draft/trade for one. Pocket passer draft/trade for one etc.....etc...

2. Drop that horrific R____-Nation show host and play by play guy, make him a team official cheerleader if they must, give him the title V.P of sideline entertainment.

................AND the one that's gonna start a lot of unwanted shyt...............

3. Warhawks, (name change*) with the 70th Anniversary uniforms becoming standard home and away wear. An upgraded spear on either an upgraded solid gold or burgundy helmet.

*Warhawks related to political stance.

Pretty good effort Sty. Not so sure about the FA signings, we tend to get in trouble with FAs, especially someone like Suh. But overall, I like the strategy. I would only add that the Redskins new identity is retro: Smashmouth football. We are going build a team that will line up with the intention of running your ass over. No more of this undersized OL that can move. The hell with that. We will just shove it down your throat. This has a twofold effect. First, it wears the defenses down and, second, it takes pressure off of whomever our QB will be.
The same should hold true on defense. Its all about the DL. IF we stay with a 3-4, then, damn it, get a true NT. We need a 6-3 350lb bowling ball that takes up 2 blockers every play and collapses the OL from the middle out. It may take a while to build this team, but our goal should be to make others dread playing us. Win or lose, our opponents will get their asses kicked every week. We start controlling the LOS and good things will begin to happen.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending a ton of cap space on Suh is a terrible idea. Have we not learned from the past? Spending a ton of cap space on a dick (another incident yesterday by the way) when you have so many other needs to address is quite possibly the worst thing this team could do this off season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the logic of SI mocking Winston at #10, the guy is a total head case. But I don't think he makes it past the Top 2 or 3 picks. Someone will trade up for him.

Now if he fell to us at 5, we should be talking to the NYJ, Rams, Browns, Chicago etc. and giving them a hell of a bargain. A sweet deal that they can't refuse.

Also, Has Peat declared yet. Read that he was considering staying in school. I like the Scherff pick. Sounds like he will be a solid player somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good mock.

If I were the GM in WAS...I would take one of the edge rushers OLB/DEeven if it was a slight reach @ 5...Thompson, Beasley & Shane Ray have the quickness/speed to be a disruptive talent at this level.

OT...Scherff is not noted to be a plug n play guy...so, he'll need to be coached up a tad to be effective starter, which is the same for the guys slated for rd 2...I would take an OT at the top of the 2nd rd.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT...Scherff is not noted to be a plug n play guy...so, he'll need to be coached up a tad to be effective starter, which is the same for the guys slated for rd 2...I would take an OT at the top of the 2nd rd.

This shouldn't be a problem, our coaches are known for developing young talent you know.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see two O-lineman who fill the bill. Scherff and Peat. One of the two will likely be there for us at #5.

Secondly, according to most around here (and yes I do include you in that) there is no position we need more than Offensive line.

i dont believe , at this point , and i mean, at this point , that scherff and peat are going to be "elite " players

shoot peat may not come out

all i am saying is we shouldnt go into the draft with an o/lineman or bust mentality at 5 of the prospect doesnt warrant it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont believe , at this point , and i mean, at this point , that scherff and peat are going to be "elite " players

shoot peat may not come out

all i am saying is we shouldnt go into the draft with an o/lineman or bust mentality at 5 of the prospect doesnt warrant it

Even if either were a slight (and I do mean slight) reach at 5, would you agree that both look to be hands down better than any thing we have fielded at RT for a very long time?? Im finally agreeing with you, O-line should be our first AND second priority going into the draft. Now unless S. Taylor is sitting there for us at 5, or the reincarnation of Dexter Manley minus the drugs and learning disability.... O-line should be the pick. Barring that some one would have to give up a sweat deal in trade for the pick

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if either were a slight (and I do mean slight) reach at 5, would you agree that both look to be hands down better than any thing we have fielded at RT for a very long time?? Im finally agreeing with you, O-line should be our first AND second priority going into the draft. Now unless S. Taylor is sitting there for us at 5, or the reincarnation of Dexter Manley minus the drugs and learning disability.... O-line should be the pick. Barring that some one would have to give up a sweat deal in trade for the pick

what i am saying is , if Rt is the BPA then fine draft him , however i wouldnt expect elite play from him in his career because so far i dont see that in any of the potential OT's in the top 10

and i dont want to hear about the guy being a bust if he isnt "elite'

because i see plenty of OTs Ogs and centers in the other rounds who are better then what we currently field

i dont dislike scherf or peat . i think either can help us but i wont say that they wring elite :suds:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my logic is debatable, but i'm thinking Peat is staying in school to avoid the raiders or skins, lol
and the Iowa OT, has injury history. jokes aside, Eric Fisher and Jockel were sure shots at tackle in the draft but haven't lived up to their billing, I think I'd take a shot on Leonard Williams or Peat if he comes out and grades well. I currently don't see any other reason why we shouldn't trade that pick. who else can make an immediate impact with the poor coaching and perfomances around. ....Man I miss Sean Taylor

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my logic is debatable, but i'm thinking Peat is staying in school to avoid the raiders or skins, lol
and the Iowa OT, has injury history. jokes aside, Eric Fisher and Jockel were sure shots at tackle in the draft but haven't lived up to their billing, I think I'd take a shot on Leonard Williams or Peat if he comes out and grades well. I currently don't see any other reason why we shouldn't trade that pick. who else can make an immediate impact with the poor coaching and perfomances around. ....Man I miss Sean Taylor

Scherff returned from meniscus surgery better than ever